Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Version Not Showing
2922 19 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RRKPL
lvl.2
United States

I have an Osmo Mobile I use with an iPhone 7+. When I went to use it with Filmic 6, Filmic stated I needed to upgrade Osmo firmware. I restarted the Osmo and opened the DJI app went to General>Versions and no version numbers or any information show up just a screen that says Versions: on top with nothing below.

How do I make the app show version numbers? App is the latest version from the app store.

Thanks,
Richard
2017-7-2
Use props
Larry707
New

United States

I have the same issue. Wasted my whole Sunday just trying to get this to work. If I don't see anything to solve this issue I'll  just return it. Very frustrating
2017-7-2
Use props
evolver
New
United States

Same problem here. would love a solution if anyone has one.
2017-7-3
Use props
evolver
New
United States

accidental duplicate post -- disregard
2017-7-3
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
China

how about re-upgrading again?
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the experience with our product. Would you please connect Osmo Mobile to DJI Assistant 2? There will be version show up and please check if you have updated to the latest version.
2017-7-4
Use props
fansaa17c763
New
Sri Lanka

i have same issue. any solution please
2017-7-4
Use props
fansaa17c763
New
Sri Lanka

fansaa17c763 Posted at 2017-7-4 09:46
i have same issue. any solution please

how do i download assistant 2. where is it exist
2017-7-4
Use props
fansaa17c763
New
Sri Lanka

fansaa17c763 Posted at 2017-7-4 09:47
how do i download assistant 2. where is it exist

you are instructed us to do not mount the mobile device when upgrading the firmware but when i unmount and try to connect that app says device positioning error. what is this...can u say what is the simple procedure to upgrade firmware of Cosmo mobile
2017-7-4
Use props
fans12d55cfd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519734 ft
Thailand

I have same issue. Latest DJI Go app dose not show osmo mobile version.
IMG_3041.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaa17c763 Posted at 2017-7-4 09:57
you are instructed us to do not mount the mobile device when upgrading the firmware but when i unmount and try to connect that app says device positioning error. what is this...can u say what is the simple procedure to upgrade firmware of Cosmo mobile

Please download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer via the link below: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
When you install successfully, run the program, connect the Osmo Mobile to your computer by the charging cable, login in your DJI account , you will see the firmware of Osmo Mobile. The smartphone is not necessary to be mounted.
2017-7-7
Use props
robertzech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 385988 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 03:29
Please download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer via the link below: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
When you install successfully, run the program, connect the Osmo Mobile to your computer by the charging cable, login in your DJI account , you will see the firmware of Osmo Mobile. The smartphone is not necessary to be mounted.

Got my Osmo Mobile yesterday and am using it with my iPhone 7 & Filmic Pro. Got the same problem with firmware version not showing in DJI Go App v3 and error msg in Filmic regarding firmware version needs to be higher than 1.2.0.40.

So i downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 as described, connected the Osmo Mobile to my Mac. Firmware version is currently at 1.6.0.80. So what's wrong? Is Filmic wrong? Why is the DJI Go App not showing the version info?
2017-7-9
Use props
ccr2017
New
United States

I have downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to my computer, I have launched the program, I have connected my osmo mobile to the computer, but NOTHING happens. I also looked on my iphone on the app and also there is no life.

The gimble is limp, and It appears that the firmware is not loaded at all.  there is no version etc on it.

I have sent a email to get help but it appears im not the only one.

2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

robertzech Posted at 2017-7-9 12:56
Got my Osmo Mobile yesterday and am using it with my iPhone 7 & Filmic Pro. Got the same problem with firmware version not showing in DJI Go App v3 and error msg in Filmic regarding firmware version needs to be higher than 1.2.0.40.

So i downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 as described, connected the Osmo Mobile to my Mac. Firmware version is currently at 1.6.0.80. So what's wrong? Is Filmic wrong? Why is the DJI Go App not showing the version info?

Thank you for your updating. Did the Osmo Mobile connect to APP successfully? Is it convenient to take a short video including the notification of Filmic, the DJI Go APP and whole process, I have forwarded this issue to our engineer, please help to provide the video for further analysis, thanks in advance.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ccr2017 Posted at 2017-7-9 19:33
I have downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to my computer, I have launched the program, I have connected my osmo mobile to the computer, but NOTHING happens. I also looked on my iphone on the app and also there is no life.

The gimble is limp, and It appears that the firmware is not loaded at all.  there is no version etc on it.

Can your Osmo Mobile be charged by computer? The gimbal is lamp when you connect to DJI Assistant 2, but the indicator will blink like it is charging. Then run the DJI Assistant 2, login your DJI account and you will see the firmware version.
2017-7-10
Use props
robertzech
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 02:24
Thank you for your updating. Did the Osmo Mobile connect to APP successfully? Is it convenient to take a short video including the notification of Filmic, the DJI Go APP and whole process, I have forwarded this issue to our engineer, please help to provide the video for further analysis, thanks in advance.

I have attached screenshots showing the error message from Filmic Pro, as well as the screen i get in the DJI Assistant 2 application when connected to my Mac. I also included some screenshots from the DJI Go App v3 (i also have the v4 app installed for the P4P) showing that the Osmo connects instantly to the iPhone and the DJI app launches without any error message or update information regarding the firmware. The screenshots also show the settings menus regarding firmware version and battery information.

If you do need more information or a video demo please let me know what to include.

Also, please be noted that Filmic Pro, as well as DJI Go app crashed a couple of times while using it with the Osmo.

Screenshots (in GoogleDrive): https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... OVhmaEk?usp=sharing
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

robertzech Posted at 2017-7-10 11:49
I have attached screenshots showing the error message from Filmic Pro, as well as the screen i get in the DJI Assistant 2 application when connected to my Mac. I also included some screenshots from the DJI Go App v3 (i also have the v4 app installed for the P4P) showing that the Osmo connects instantly to the iPhone and the DJI app launches without any error message or update information regarding the firmware. The screenshots also show the settings menus regarding firmware version and battery information.

If you do need more information or a video demo please let me know what to include.

Thank you for your information, I have forwarded to our engineer, I will come back to you once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-10
Use props
ilarine
New
Finland

I just received my Osmo Mobile and had the same problem with iPhone 7+.

After doing Bluetooth re-pairing of Osmo Mobile ("Forget this device" in BT settings and pairing again), I was again able to see the firmware version. Maybe this trick could help?

Best regards
Ilari
2017-7-11
Use props
fansfbd14722
New
Flight distance : 150016 ft
United States

After four hours of the same problem that plagued robertzech, (no firmware showing out of the box, limp gimbal, etc.) we downloaded the current firmware from the Mac and DJI Assistant app.  Still same problem.  However, once we shut off the bluetooth, forget this device, closed the DJI GO App completely and shutdown and restart the OSMO, then open the DJI Go App, pair it again and you are prompted to activate gimbal.  SUCCESS!
2017-7-11
Use props
robertzech
lvl.1
Germany

fansfbd14722 Posted at 2017-7-11 18:00
After four hours of the same problem that plagued robertzech, (no firmware showing out of the box, limp gimbal, etc.) we downloaded the current firmware from the Mac and DJI Assistant app.  Still same problem.  However, once we shut off the bluetooth, forget this device, closed the DJI GO App completely and shutdown and restart the OSMO, then open the DJI Go App, pair it again and you are prompted to activate gimbal.  SUCCESS!

Thanks for sharing! I did as described "forget device" / new pairing.

Now the firmware version etc is showing in the DJI Go app v3 on my iPhone 7. Need to check if FilmicPro still has error message popping up or any other issues.
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules