Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-5 15:00
Hopefully dji will write here when someone from the engineers  can say something about it.

But you don’t need to be a super brain to understand that a 12W (12Wh in 60min) iPad charger can’t charge a 16.78Wh battery in 36min!

Black.....
2017-7-5
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-5 15:07
This is what I am trying to get going. There is currently somewhat of a vacuum here. Bear with me as I continue to work on getting the forum to where it needs to be.

I am totally with you... hopefully it will be better in the future.
Looking forward to a meaningful answer from dji which explain it to the inexperienced and „smart guys“.
2017-7-5
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-4 07:45
I have both, today, after doing a side by side comparison of the two here are the results, ipad pro charger time to full from 30%, 36 minutes. Stock oem spark charger time to full from 30%, 73 minutes. Dji oem charger is overrated while the iPad charger is more of a quality item.  I don't know what more I can say? I'm right and you are a physics major..... Now please go hump someone else's leg.

How do you get the stock charger that comes with the spark when you bought a fly more combo?Maybe you haven’t really compared it to the iPad charger?

IMG_6636.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow...I've been away for a day and just noticed that this debate is still going on
2017-7-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-6 04:37
Wow...I've been away for a day and just noticed that this debate is still going on

Yeah... still going.
Read all posts you missed. With every post from R&L it is getting more ridiculous
2017-7-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Android tablet chargers work even better than ipad charger, I used the charger that came with Sony z4 tablet, 28 minutes charge time....
2017-7-9
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

RL, you obviously don't know anything about electricity. "Volts don't matter". Wow. Ohms law has been around for 200 years and you still can't figure it out.
2017-7-9
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-9 15:00
RL, you obviously don't know anything about electricity. "Volts don't matter". Wow. Ohms law has been around for 200 years and you still can't figure it out.

Look at all his posts and you know about his understanding of electricity. I tried several times to explain it to him.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-9 13:46
Android tablet chargers work even better than ipad charger, I used the charger that came with Sony z4 tablet, 28 minutes charge time....

You have still no idea what you are talking about.. the z4 charger is a QC3 charger. So it is faster than the iPad charger, right.
But still not faster as the spark charger.

Z4 charger: 12 V/1350 mA (16,2 W)
spark charger : 12 V/1500 mA (18,0 W)

You don't even own a spark charger... you can't compare it.
2017-7-10
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

Easy way to confront him is to ask him to record a video of his ipad adapter charging the Spark.. I'm stunned that some people believed that guy before he even said he measured the time.. Show us concrete data instead of throwing numbers R&L. Until you post your videos, I will side with Dirk52 because he provided the videos. I know that even a 4.8A/5V non-QC Anker 20100 charger  takes 1 hour and 30-40 min to charge a Spark.
2017-7-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-10 11:55
Easy way to confront him is to ask him to record a video of his ipad adapter charging the Spark.. I'm stunned that some people believed that guy before he even said he measured the time.. Show us concrete data instead of throwing numbers R&L. Until you post your videos, I will side with Dirk52 because he provided the videos. I know that even a 4.8A/5V non-QC Anker 20100 charger  takes 1 hour and 30-40 min to charge a Spark.

I once bought a pair of 500 watt speakers for my car for 15 bucks, I also bought a pair of Jensen 50 watt speaker for the front doors for 125 dollars, the 500 watt speakers sounded horrible but the weaker Jensens  sound great with rich, deep bass sound. Chinese companies constantly over rate things so people will think they have something great. You guys use the cheap throw away charger that came with the spark and I'll use my iPad pro charger, end of story. And while I'm out enjoying my spark, you guys have fun sitting there watching the lights on the back of your spark flash whilst it's charging................................
2017-7-10
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-10 13:51
I once bought a pair of 500 watt speakers for my car for 15 bucks, I also bought a pair of Jensen 50 watt speaker for the front doors for 125 dollars, the 500 watt speakers sounded horrible but the weaker Jensens  sound great with rich, deep bass sound. Chinese companies constantly over rate things so people will think they have something great. You guys use the cheap throw away charger that came with the spark and I'll use my iPad pro charger, end of story. And while I'm out enjoying my spark, you guys have fun sitting there watching the lights on the back of your spark flash whilst it's charging................................

Video or it never happened PERIOD
2017-7-10
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-10 14:08
Video or it never happened PERIOD

Lol doesnt understand peak versus RMS power on speakers.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-10 18:03

He doesn’t understand anything about electricity.

He is still saying a 12W charger will charge a 16,78Wh battery in 36min. This is not possible.12W*1h= 12Wh. More you can’t get out in 60min. (No matter what is printed on the spark charger, but the charger is correct. Look at my video)
And his Z4 charger with 16.2W in 28min is also not possible.
2017-7-10
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 21:22
He doesn’t understand anything about electricity.

He is still saying a 12W charger will charge a 16,78Wh battery in 36min. This is not possible.12W*1h= 12Wh. More you can’t get out in 60min. (No matter what is printed on the spark charger, but the charger is correct. Look at my video)

Yeah and for people that say there's no reason for him to lie. Well, some people keep lying because they want popular approval/to be the one that is being told they are not wrong, they don't care whether the facts are true or not.. Either way, if he doesn't show a charging time video, then he has zero credibility to my eyes (especially after saying "Volts means nothing"). And again, I wish what he said is true - so convince me R&L..
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-10 22:09
Yeah and for people that say there's no reason for him to lie. Well, some people keep lying because they want popular approval/to be the one that is being told they are not wrong, they don't care whether the facts are true or not.. Either way, if he doesn't show a charging time video, then he has zero credibility to my eyes (especially after saying "Volts means nothing"). And again, I wish what he said is true - so convince me R&L..

Unfortunately it can't be correct what he is saying. I have both chargers.. if you completely ignore all the tech specs and physics the spark charger is still much faster. I have tested it in my Video. Then he was saying it is fake..lol.
And when you are calculate the time, the result is really close to the shown in my Video. So everyting is correct. He just lies.
You know what the best is? He bought a fly more Combo, so he doesn't have the stock charger to compare. Everything is just a lie!
2017-7-10
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 22:26
Unfortunately it can't be correct what he is saying. I have both chargers.. if you completely ignore all the tech specs and physics the spark charger is still much faster. I have tested it in my Video. Then he was saying it is fake..lol.
And when you are calculate the time, the result is really close to the shown in my Video. So everyting is correct. He just lies.
You know what the best is? He bought a fly more Combo, so he doesn't have the stock charger to compare. Everything is just a lie!

My Spark is being sent back to me from DJI repair this wednesday. I'm an Apple freak so I can add videos to further support yours haha.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-10 22:34
My Spark is being sent back to me from DJI repair this wednesday. I'm an Apple freak so I can add videos to further support yours haha.

Yeah this would be really nice that someone else confirms my Video and calculations...
Btw...I am also an Apple Freak. I use an iPhone 7+, iPad pro 12,9, Watch, TV, Macbook Pro. And I don't want to make the Apple products bad, i love them. But to say a 5V/2.4A/12W is faster than a 12V/1.5A/18W charger is just ridiculous.
2017-7-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-10 18:03

LOL.........
2017-7-11
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, LOL ist what you are talking about chargers, Volts, Amps, etc....
2017-7-11
Use props
Darkzi.F527
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76152 ft
France

I was searching for information on possible system to directly charge the Spark batteries from an external USB powerbank and found this thread (for people interested, here is a good thread about possibilities : https://forum.dji.com/thread-102766-1-1.html ).

I just wanted to say to Dirk52 that I trully admire him for all his explanations and patience trying to make others and particularly R&L Aerial understand some simple laws of physic... I'm an engineer and you are of course 100% right, the importance is W (=A*V) and and of course 2.1A @ 5V can't counterbalance 1.6A @ 12V, I can't even understand how some guys can't understand stuff simple like this (a multiplication, FFS) ! You have explained to them so many times, in different ways, then you have done great videos just to prove them what atually happen in reality, but still...
To me, they are either big trolls (I'm hoping it is the case, and R&L Aerial would be the king making you waste so much time to explain obvious electricity law), either just retards. "When it comes to amps I think 2.1 amps will beat out  a mezly 1.6 amps any day." => golden troll or retard after all your explanations and demonstrations on the 2 previous pages of the thread...
Sincerly Dirk52, thank you for trying to stop the bullsh*t around but you can't argue with trolls/retards, stop wasting your time on them. I can really understand your point and I am quite like you when it comes to science or physics, but some just "want to believe" in Apple magic for example.

I won't come back on this thread and long stroy short :  Dirk52 of course you are right and be sure (probably) lot of people know you are right but just don't want to bother trying to argue with limited people, because i's just a waste of time and energy. But you are not alone dude, and physic knows better ! ;)
2017-9-15
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Darkzi.F527 Posted at 2017-9-15 17:06
I was searching for information on possible system to directly charge the Spark batteries from an external USB powerbank and found this thread (for people interested, here is a good thread about possibilities : https://forum.dji.com/thread-102766-1-1.html ).

I just wanted to say to Dirk52 that I trully admire him for all his explanations and patience trying to make others and particularly R&L Aerial understand some simple laws of physic... I'm an engineer and you are of course 100% right, the importance is W (=A*V) and and of course 2.1A @ 5V can't counterbalance 1.6A @ 12V, I can't even understand how some guys can't understand stuff simple like this (a multiplication, FFS) ! You have explained to them so many times, in different ways, then you have done great videos just to prove them what atually happen in reality, but still...

Darkzi, I'm also with Dirk on this one. I support proven facts, common sense and Physics 101 vs. "But but but... it's Apple!" any day of the week. As an Electrical Engineer, I find R&L's total ignorance in regards to anything electrical amusing and hilarious. Had a good laugh or two reading this thread and the "volts don't matter" is my current quote of the week. That being said, publicly calling anyone a retard isn't helping getting the point across or promote an argument in any case. You're a non-native English speaker like me so let me tell you this is a very serious insult and shouldn't be publically used towards anyone, no matter how lacking in his electrical knowledge, blind faith in half-eaten fruit company or otherwise.
2017-9-16
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

Zbig Posted at 2017-9-16 01:36
Darkzi, I'm also with Dirk on this one. I support proven facts, common sense and Physics 101 vs. "But but but... it's Apple!" any day of the week. As an Electrical Engineer, I find R&L's total ignorance in regards to anything electrical amusing and hilarious. Had a good laugh or two reading this thread and the "volts don't matter" is my current quote of the week. That being said, publicly calling anyone a retard isn't helping getting the point across or promote an argument in any case. You're a non-native English speaker like me so let me tell you this is a very serious insult and shouldn't be publically used towards anyone, no matter how lacking in his electrical knowledge, blind faith in half-eaten fruit company or otherwise.

As the OP I agree that this thread descended into nothing but childish name calling and ignorant attempts at "one-up·man·ship" which is why I stopped following it. I cant believe it wasn't locked a long time ago. Whats really funny is no one ever answered my question. Just bickering and nonsense. Fortunately I discovered the solution on my own.  The cable was slightly misshaped. DJI replaced it at no cost. Mods and bots used to be better at controlling these types of threads.
2017-9-21
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Which Apple charger is in question here?
The 12W one that comes with the ipad OR a macbook 29W charger (which also can be used for the ipad)?
The 29W charger can output 5V 2.4A or 14.5V 2A
2017-9-21
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

heliman Posted at 2017-9-21 11:20
Which Apple charger is in question here?
The 12W one that comes with the ipad OR a macbook 29W charger (which also can be used for the ipad)?
The 29W charger can output 5V 2.4A or 14.5V 2A

The 12w charger that comes with the iPad is different then the 29w charger for MacBook.  they have different ends on them.

I'd stick with the 12w charger as it's got a USB port.
2017-9-21
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-21 11:27
The 12w charger that comes with the iPad is different then the 29w charger for MacBook.  they have different ends on them.

I'd stick with the 12w charger as it's got a USB port.

This thread is hilarious.
Is this R&L guy for real ?
2017-10-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

If R L's times are correct, he must be charging @ 28 watts or so. So either his charger is not an ipad model, perhaps a macbook versio @ 28 watts, or he has invented free energy.
2017-10-1
Use props
Neil_Vals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158812 ft
United States

all 3 batteries charge all at once using hub from 10% to 100 % will take 50-60 mins.
never went beyond 60 mins.
2017-10-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A lipo battery has a nominal voltage of 3.7 volts. Life slightly lower. It's capacity measured in amp hours, in spark's case 1.47. To charge it takes 1 hr@it's c rating or  5.5 watts. 3 batts need 17.5 watts. You can't change that.
2017-10-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PS that's batts in series per batt pack. So three batt packs draw 3 X 17.5 watts or approx 52.5 watts.
2017-10-1
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft
United States

this is too much science for me...lol  I'll stick with my fly more charger and supplied power supply.  Charge the batts and the transmitter at the same time and done.
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules