Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App update has completely screwed my drone
2098 15 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3e584ba0
New
United Kingdom

HELP!!!!

What the hell are DJI up to? I just downloaded an update to the app.

1) when turning on my controller it takes me directly to the DJI log-in page
2) when logging in, the app reports an error stating there is no network connection
3) the device is connected to the network (which is working perfectly)
4) tried to stop the app, even overwrite it but the controller is certainly in control. Will not let me do anything.
5) I'm unable to do anything - including flying, again.

I update software regularly from lots of other companies. DJI are still trainees in this field and they're messing with people's lives. This service is rubbish.

I'm ready to chuck this drone in the friggin bin.

2017-7-2
Use props
fans3e584ba0
New
United Kingdom

and i love the way DJI refer to me as a "beginner" in the forum, when their software updates seem to be managed by a bunch of primary school kids
2017-7-2
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Litchi    You will never use DJI go again (unless you need to calibrate your IMU)   
https://flylitchi.com/

2017-7-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There seems to be a lot of people complaining about this over the past day or two regarding the P4 series.  I would keep an eye on one of the other threads which will have a lot more info.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-102729-1-1.html

It'll get resolved eventually.  Good luck.

2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same Issue - The transmitter is showing WiFi as connected but the Go App doesn't see it.  I was attempting to correct an issue where maps are not loading.  Maps_InitError Missing Libraries.  So I did a reset from the OS side and now I can't log back on.  

Almost 30 years in IT.  I can put together international networks but this has me beat.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

Everyone needs to jump on chat tonight at 6pm when they open for support. This is rediculous.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Uhhhh... except support opens at 6:00pm Sunday +4 GMT.  Right now it's 10pm +4 GMT and they aren't open via chat.  What is going on?!?!?!
2017-7-2
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fans3e584ba0 Posted at 2017-7-2 09:05
and i love the way DJI refer to me as a "beginner" in the forum, when their software updates seem to be managed by a bunch of primary school kids

"Beginner", as well as all other levels depend on how many point you have, not on your flying time or skills...  
2017-7-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And hot off the press:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40476264
2017-7-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-2 10:29
Same Issue - The transmitter is showing WiFi as connected but the Go App doesn't see it.  I was attempting to correct an issue where maps are not loading.  Maps_InitError Missing Libraries.  So I did a reset from the OS side and now I can't log back on.  

Almost 30 years in IT.  I can put together international networks but this has me beat.

The missing library error suggests to me that you have the P4P+ RC - right? If so, there are a few threads here which have the solution for that - I recall resetting the RC to default is part of the steps to resolve it.
2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-2 15:50
The missing library error suggests to me that you have the P4P+ RC - right? If so, there are a few threads here which have the solution for that - I recall resetting the RC to default is part of the steps to resolve it.

That's the root of my problem.  I did the reset attempting to fix the maps issue when this ugly thing reared up.  
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

BUT WAIT!  If you reset to defaults right now you'll be doing nothing... no login or anything.  DJI's got some majorly messed up servers at the moment.
2017-7-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-2 15:49
That's the root of my problem.  I did the reset attempting to fix the maps issue when this ugly thing reared up.

Oops. Did you follow steps equivalent to post #10 here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-100094-1-1.html

[edit] But just noted this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-102827-1-1.html  See post #6

2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just finished a chat - no resolution at this time.  Multiple reports.  Calling it a night
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

My chat started with them saying it was my Internet connection, then asking me to send the controller back to them, then saying I don't need to send it back and to please check back in 4-5 hours.

Seriously... I swear their technical folks have no idea what they are doing.

Here's hoping they can get this resolved quickly.
2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Certainly not upgrading my Mav anytime soon.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules