13003 64 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneX4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180584 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-3 16:14
Think you will find you were the first to personally throw insults about. And just like you I made suggestions for improvements. But I don't or won't continue to whinge when it doesn't happen which is what your doing.
I knew before I purchased Spark what I was getting so if improvements come all the better, but I won't loose sleep over it.
You didn't buy it to use like Mavic , but it sounds like you want it to work just like your Mavic . Your now sounding like the baby who has thrown his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his own way fast, you just might need to grow up.

I think your perception of reality is skewed, you're hearing a lot of 'sounds' that just aren't there. But maybe the DJI mods will notice your unwavering dedication and useful idiocy and give you some more internet points for you to feel good about yourself.
2017-7-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Not sure what difference it makes about the "likelihood" that I will exceed wifi range when it is tracking me at 20 - 30m away.

Active Track isn't always about YOU.  That's Follow Me.  Consider that Active Track could be following someone else while your sitting on your duff at the Home Point.
2017-7-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-3 17:32
I think your perception of reality is skewed, you're hearing a lot of 'sounds' that just aren't there. But maybe the DJI mods will notice your unwavering dedication and useful idiocy and give you some more internet points for you to feel good about yourself.

Nobody's trying to defend DJI,  Hallmark007 and others are trying to explain why the 100 meter limit makes design sense, given the Spark architecture.  Go have a couple of cold ones and think about it for a couple of days.

If you want a drone to follow you around like a puppy, get a Lilly.
2017-7-3
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-3 17:56
Not sure what difference it makes about the "likelihood" that I will exceed wifi range when it is tracking me at 20 - 30m away.

Active Track isn't always about YOU.  That's Follow Me.  Consider that Active Track could be following someone else while your sitting on your duff at the Home Point.

That is fine, it could return to home in that case. But when it is about ME, I want the option to remove the distance from home point limitation not the home point itself. The spark can still return to home if it has to, it can RTH much further than 100m from where the home point is recorded.
2017-7-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 11:00
“why can't the phone just broadcast it's GPS coordinates continually?"  Well, DJI GO isn't programmed to do that. "

The Go App is programmed to do that, only the spark doesnt support it.
I thought someone had pointed out that what you describe is Follow Me - not Active Track.  They work differently.  You're correct: Follow Me is not a Spark Feature.
2017-7-3
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-3 18:13
Nobody's trying to defend DJI,  Hallmark007 and others are trying to explain why the 100 meter limit makes design sense, given the Spark architecture.  Go have a couple of cold ones and think about it for a couple of days.

If you want a drone to follow you around like a puppy, get a Lilly.

'Get another / different drone' is not really an acceptable answer here. It is actually quite a defeatist attitude to have. I would imagine DJI is looking to improve the products it puts out. I am simply pointing out a feature I would like to see improved. I would like the option to bypass that distance limit (not the home point itself). No one has addressed this issue yet and all assumed that I wanted to remove the home point or dynamically set a new home point (this would work as well but is not required).

This is how I imagine it would work:

1. Take off, home point is set
2. Active track subject
3. If wifi signal is lost... prompt and hover or RTH (set in DJI GO 4)
4. If subject is lost... prompt and hover or RTH (set in DJI GO 4)
5. If battery is low, prompt and select RTH, Hover, or Land
6. If almost past point of no return - prompt and RTH, Hover, Land, or Continue Tracking

These could all be set in DJI GO 4 but give you the option to bypass as it encounters the issue.

There does not need to be a 100m distance limit to RTH, this depends on the battery remaining on the spark. It can return to home at a much greater distance than that.

Again, please explain how this 100m home point distance limit makes sense in active track? Note: I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT REMOVING THE HOME POINT ITSELF.  Because contrary to what you have said, no one has given a satisfactory explanation for this distance limit. I am not asking for much here, really. The push back from certain individuals is quite alarming, not even taking the time to understand the issue, just saying 'buy / use another drone', or 'quit whining' is not going to help improve anything. The question is 'WHY is this distance limitation is in place?'. No one knows obviously, and that is fine.  But the speculation from some that it is to make me 'pay' for my choice to buy the flyless.. is well.. frankly.. absurd. The remote is not required to do what is being asked about.

If enough people wanted this ability, then it may just happen. But with the likes of some users around here, progress is going to be slow because the 'help' they offer is 'accept it, or buy something else. no room for improvement here'.
2017-7-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-3 18:18
That is fine, it could return to home in that case. But when it is about ME, I want the option to remove the distance from home point limitation not the home point itself. The spark can still return to home if it has to, it can RTH much further than 100m from where the home point is recorded.

If you want something just for you, then you should suggest that  DJI create a Look At ME mode.

Get real people. DJI didn't decide to spent the time and effort to implement a distance limit for the sadistic pleasure of hearing customers complain.  It was implemented  deliberately and for some good reason. It's not a feature they just failed to implement.

Since this  thread has gone beyond a respectful discussion,   I'm off to a page where there's something to learn and someone who wants to learn. I hope you find peace!
2017-7-3
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-3 19:37
If you want something just for you, then you should suggest that  DJI create a Look At ME mode.

Get real people. DJI didn't decide to spent the time and effort to implement a distance limit for the sadistic pleasure of hearing customers complain.  It was implemented  deliberately and for some good reason. It's not a feature they just failed to implement.

Wow, that is quite the attitude. Again, no room for improvement here folks! There is no way they could ever have a mode do something else! That's crazy talk! They surely have thought of everything already! They couldn't have possibly overlooked something, that is absurd! Go buy a different drone!
2017-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-3 17:32

The problem here is, the OP, asked a question a simple one how could he change settings to allow spark to track further, I answered his question telling him he couldn't, you jumped in to hijack his thread like someone who had an itch that needed to be scratched.
So when others gave their point of view and it differed from yours, you decided it was best to personally insult because others have an opinion, a real sign that because you couldn't win your argument or agree to differ, So maybe go back to first post read it carefully and you will realise how silly you are.

Nobody was against your suggestion if it is possible and SAFE and dji can implement it I'm sure they will try.
Maybe open your own thread and see how that goes, if it doesn't go well at least you can fight with yourself, because that's all your doing here.

Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.”
2017-7-4
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 00:46
The problem here is, the OP, asked a question a simple one how could he change settings to allow spark to track further, I answered his question telling him he couldn't, you jumped in to hijack his thread like someone who had an itch that needed to be scratched.
So when others gave their point of view and it differed from yours, you decided it was best to personally insult because others have an opinion, a real sign that because you couldn't win your argument or agree to differ, So maybe go back to first post read it carefully and you will realise how silly you are.

Nice try at revising history here. I don't even need to address this as anyone reading the thread can see exactly what happened and who said what first etc. Good luck hallmark007,  I am sure we will meet again in another thread.
2017-7-4
Use props
Zerohack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152566 ft
Italy

but.... why only 100m ?
2017-7-4
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

Zerohack Posted at 2017-7-4 06:03
but.... why only 100m ?

That is the question the OP followed up and asked, and nobody has an answer for that right now. Our only hope is to draw enough attention to it so that DJI decides to remove this distance limit in active track.
2017-7-4
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-4 06:25
That is the question the OP followed up and asked, and nobody has an answer for that right now. Our only hope is to draw enough attention to it so that DJI decides to remove this distance limit in active track.

In gesture mode WITHOUT a phone connected you can track as long as you want. Because there is no HP set. In case of low battery the Spark will just land. This is what Dji told me.

So when Dji updated the gesture mode with a start/stop recording gesture you can record yourself and track youself until the battery is dead.
I am looking forward to this update to chase myself on the biketours in the mountains.
2017-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-4 04:41
Nice try at revising history here. I don't even need to address this as anyone reading the thread can see exactly what happened and who said what first etc. Good luck hallmark007,  I am sure we will meet again in another thread.

As I said start your own thread and then you can argue with yourself.

You just need to read post 14 and 15 to know what information the op was looking for. This thread is not all about you.
2017-7-4
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 07:14
As I said start your own thread and then you can argue with yourself.

You just need to read post 14 and 15 to know what information the op was looking for. This thread is not all about you.

Again, awesome contribution to the thread hallmark007, what would we do without you...
2017-7-4
Use props
DroneX4
lvl.3
Canada

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-4 06:29
In gesture mode WITHOUT a phone connected you can track as long as you want. Because there is no HP set. In case of low battery the Spark will just land. This is what Dji told me.

So when Dji updated the gesture mode with a start/stop recording gesture you can record yourself and track youself until the battery is dead.

This is very interesting, I sure hope the next update contains the video gesture. Would solve this issue for sure. Thanks for letting me know about this.
2017-7-4
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-4 10:01
This is very interesting, I sure hope the next update contains the video gesture. Would solve this issue for sure. Thanks for letting me know about this.

I am also hopIng for this in the next fw update...
Your welcome.
2017-7-4
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

DroneX4 Posted at 2017-7-3 03:15
Again, this does not answer the question of WHY the home point limitation exists for active track. "read the manual" is not an acceptable answer here. We know it exists, but why have such a limitation. It makes no sense to use this limitation for active track.

... so maybe answer is simple: DJI does not want SPARK to compete with its "bogger" (readit: more expensive) brothers?
2017-7-4
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38901 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

guys (and gals if any),

I don't understand why you are argueing. If we are all Spark users (which I want to believe) , we are all on the same boat.
There is no reason that we should believe and defend that the 100m limit set on Spark is logical. It is absolutely nonsense. So it should be removed or extended for users without a remote controller.
That means having this thread alive is good and important because at some point it will take attention of DJI.

btw, I have a remote controller on the way , so the days without a remote will end for me but I believe Spark should be able to do more without a remote. I myself would like to use it without remote most of the time.

Thanks for your time contributing to this thread. Please keep contributing , but do not argue. We all have our opinions. some of us read manuals, some of us do not like to read them word by word.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans17cbe5b3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333084 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Dji made a great drone with great features but when they realized its too good and will block the mavic and phantom sales they decided to nerf it.
2017-7-5
Use props
Peter1987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-4 06:29

Im gonna try this right away!
2017-7-9
Use props
Magnil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Sweden

Peter1987 Posted at 2017-7-9 03:14
Im gonna try this right away!

Have you (or anyone else) tried if it works yet?
2017-9-17
Use props
Marce j solano
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6962 ft
Argentina

Hello as dec 2018 spark has an ootion to set dynamic home point ...to be used in a boat for example... will it be usefull in this case fir the AT purpose?
2018-12-22
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-7-2 14:30
why ?
I mean this is not  related to remote control or the phone.
it does not go away from the phone. phone is moving with it.

Active Track does not use the phone, Follow Me mode does.
2018-12-22
Use props
events.vki-party
New

United States

The problem I’m seeing is there is a switch in the menu when you’re in the active mode the home point is supposed to constantly update and it should be able to track a moving car for an unlimited amount of range. This feature does not appear to be working.
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules