Gesture Mode Video
2282 32 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGSinSC
lvl.2
United States

I am a new Spark owner, but owned a DJI Phantom 2 for several years.  When using just gesture mode (no controller or phone) how does one initiate and stop video? It would seem like "follow" would be useless without video.
2017-7-2
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Video can only be started using phone or controller.  Pictures only in gesture mode.
2017-7-2
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Yep pictures only in gesture mode.  We are hoping that DJI adds video in a future firmware update.  Keep your fingers crossed.
2017-7-2
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They could use a one arm up at an angle after performing the wave away gesture to start active track and record video
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dji confirmed already that this function will be added in future updates.
2017-7-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 03:04
Dji confirmed already that this function will be added in future updates.

Hey, Where can I find that confirmation?
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-3 03:16

Not really confirmation,  but over on RC Groups forum there a 2 DJI Support/Testers that make mention of this topic and state that it has been submitted to DJI Engineering Dept and may be packaged in future update.
2017-7-3
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 03:21
Not really confirmation,  but over on RC Groups forum there a 2 DJI Support/Testers that make mention of this topic and state that it has been submitted to DJI Engineering Dept and may be packaged in future update.

have you got a link?
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What you don't believe me?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... er-s-Thread/page142
Capture99.JPG
2017-7-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Thanks Tviscomi,
I believe this video gesture is very easy to do (From a programmer point of view like me). It is all about the business we are talking here. They might save that for Spark 2, and get more money from us.
For example, Just like: you might not believe me, but when TV companies started selling the big CRT TV long time ago, they have already developed the flat screens. However, they not yet sold the flat screens until years after that.
It's all about business we are talking about.
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-3 03:16

If you read all the threads about "gesture Control and Video" you will find one with an answer direct from Dji that this function will be later avaible.
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

No, what i was takling about is a real answer from dji that it will implemented.
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 04:13
No, what i was takling about is a real answer from dji that it will implemented.

Disregard my prior...I posted the link up above.
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 04:15
Disregard my prior...I posted the link up above.

No. on this Forum here.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=388548
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 04:14
No. on this Forum here.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=101839&pid=844567&fromuid=388548

IMO...the 2 DJI guys over on the RC Groups forum are much more "in touch" with what is going on than some of the Moderators here.
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 04:21
IMO...the 2 DJI guys over on the RC Groups forum are much more "in touch" with what is going on than some of the Moderators here.

Maybe, but what is written in another Forum isn't that representative like here on the offical Dji Forum.
2017-7-3
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 03:48
What you don't believe me?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... er-s-Thread/page142

In life, one thing i have learned is believe it when you see it ;)
Your post and the other link confirming DJI have said its coming are great news
2017-7-3
Use props
heagneypr
lvl.1
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-2 15:12
Video can only be started using phone or controller.  Pictures only in gesture mode.

Are there instructions to that effect?  If there are, I couldn't find them.  If there aren't ... DUH!
2017-7-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

heagneypr@aol.c Posted at 2017-7-3 09:25
Are there instructions to that effect?  If there are, I couldn't find them.  If there aren't ... DUH!

Its best to watch the tutorial videos at the top of the Spark thread.  I downloaded them and can watch them in the field before each test.  Info on how the front leds blink during the gesture process is important to know.
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 04:25
Maybe, but what is written in another Forum isn't that representative like here on the offical Dji Forum.

You do know that the 2 DJI guys over on RC Groups are DJI employees don't you?  They live here in the US, not somewhere in China.
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-3 13:59
You do know that the 2 DJI guys over on RC Groups are DJI employees don't you?  They live here in the US, not somewhere in China.

Yeah sure, and the Spark is manufactured in USA? The Dji Headquarter is in USA? Didn't know that.
2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 22:22
Yeah sure, and the Spark is manufactured in USA? The Dji Headquarter is in USA? Didn't know that.

I'm assuming they are rhetorical questions, thus you're not expecting an answer.  Of course users can ask questions to the DJI CS Mods here on the DJI Forum and receive the same "canned" script responses every time.  Or they have the option to ask the same question(s) to a mid/high level tech support and receive a more detailed reply.
2017-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-4 02:12
I'm assuming they are rhetorical questions, thus you're not expecting an answer.  Of course users can ask questions to the DJI CS Mods here on the DJI Forum and receive the same "canned" script responses every time.  Or they have the option to ask the same question(s) to a mid/high level tech support and receive a more detailed reply.

I know many are asking for video in gesture mode, but looking at it what are the benefits , I can only see one maybe it can video you in follow mode or it can video you asking it to talk to the hand or when you look silly making a Y with your face getting redder because you can't get it down. Essentially in gesture mode you cannot fly your aircraft except dronie  which is covered. So how many videos of yourself walking around a hundred meter space do you need.
Videoing with gesture will become the least used gimmick on the spark. Unless I'm missing something?

Oh and btw Bladestrike is the one goto dji guy where information is reliable.
2017-7-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 02:57
I know many are asking for video in gesture mode, but looking at it what are the benefits , I can only see one maybe it can video you in follow mode or it can video you asking it to talk to the hand or when you look silly making a Y with your face getting redder because you can't get it down. Essentially in gesture mode you cannot fly your aircraft except dronie  which is covered. So how many videos of yourself walking around a hundred meter space do you need.
Videoing with gesture will become the least used gimmick on the spark. Unless I'm missing something?

I 100% agree in regards to video while in gesture mode.  I keep running different scenarios in my head on how & why I would use such a feature, but I keep coming up empty.

Yes, Bladestrike (DJI US Based Employee) is the most reliable resource over on the RC Group forum.  He's helped me through many issues/questions on my I2.  Not sure why others here question the validity of their existence within that Forum.
2017-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-3 22:22

What the great Di*k52 didn't know something. I thought you knew everything, maybe you should post some of your great videos/ photos and teach us all about photography.
2017-7-4
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 07:28
What the great Di*k52 didn't know something. I thought you knew everything, maybe you should post some of your great videos/ photos and teach us all about photography.

And you again... still waiting for your answers in the other threads where you are talking sh*t and nonsense. But nothing...
Why do you think I didn’t know that? Maybe why it isn’t right?
2017-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-4 03:25
I 100% agree in regards to video while in gesture mode.  I keep running different scenarios in my head on how & why I would use such a feature, but I keep coming up empty.

Yes, Bladestrike (DJI US Based Employee) is the most reliable resource over on the RC Group forum.  He's helped me through many issues/questions on my I2.  Not sure why others here question the validity of their existence within that Forum.

I have also seen Bladestrike answer questions on this forum (but not in a while).  He is very helpful

Rich
2017-7-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-4 07:49
I have also seen Bladestrike answer questions on this forum (but not in a while).  He is very helpful

Rich

Not sure why a certain person questions the authenticity of these US Based DJI techs posting replies on another forum just because DJI is a China based company.  I'm a developer for a German based ERP software company (the world's largest) and live in the US...does that make me unqualified because I don't live in Germany?
2017-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-4 07:37
And you again... still waiting for your answers in the other threads where you are talking sh*t and nonsense. But nothing...
Why do you think I didn’t know that? Maybe why it isn’t right?

I was well aware you knew it, but your sarcastic answer deserved a sarcastic reply that's what you got.

It's your arrogance and ignorance to accept others opinions and thoughts, that's the problem here, it's not about who's wrong or right, it's about opinions and yours is no better than anyone's else.
2017-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-4 07:52
Not sure why a certain person questions the authenticity of these US Based DJI techs posting replies on another forum just because DJI is a China based company.  I'm a developer for a German based ERP software company (the world's largest) and live in the US...does that make me unqualified because I don't live in Germany?

No, frankly sometimes I just do not understand some of the chatter in here. The way I look at it is, we all come from different backgrounds and have much to offer. It would be nice if folks could recognize that and get along.

Some of the experienced guys in here tend to have more knowledge than the mods at times  
Rich
2017-7-4
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 08:32
I was well aware you knew it, but your sarcastic answer deserved a sarcastic reply that's what you got.

It's your arrogance and ignorance to accept others opinions and thoughts, that's the problem here, it's not about who's wrong or right, it's about opinions and yours is no better than anyone's else.

If I would write answers like you i would also say "it's not about who's wrong or right". Omg...
2017-7-4
Use props
RGSinSC
lvl.2
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-4 03:25

The situation at this point is that you can gesture Spark away from you and it automatically enters a form of "follow", BUT there is no gesture to start video.......you can, BUT you need the phone.
2017-7-5
Use props
Popzkill
New
United States

I would be happy if they just made the follow mode have an on/off in the settings for video to begin recording when follow mode starts.........
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules