Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1choppy/jumpy live video feed
1548 9 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlathem1998
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27224 ft
United States

Ok, hope someone can guide me here as to how I might can fix this. I have very choppy/jumpy live video feed to my ipad mini 2 that makes it almost impossible to enjoy to fly. I have shut off all radio connectivity on the ipad with no improvement. I have also changed the setting on the video feed quality to the lowest setting on the bar and still no luck. The odd thing is no one but maybe one or two people I have seen have had this issue. Also this issue is seems to be at any distance, 5 foot or 100 foot.
2015-3-17
Use props
shawnpete76
lvl.2

United States

Do you have a screen recording program running?
2015-3-17
Use props
mlathem1998
lvl.2
United States

No, I actually rarely even use this iPad now days except to fly the inspire with. So, no recording app going on in the background.
2015-3-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

My iPad 2 works with out an issue.  I have two suggestions.  One, remove and reload the App.  Two, try another cable.  Do you have your video channels set to automatic?  I would do that as well.
2015-3-17
Use props
mlathem1998
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe Ed, I have not tried to reload the app, however I am running the same app on my iphone 6 and getting the same results. Also,  have tried manual and auto both on the channels. I haven't tried a different cable, but it is a almost new Apple iphone cable, so that shouldn't be the issue. I will give it a try though tonight when I get home.
2015-3-18
Use props
skylermcfarland
lvl.1

United States

mlathem1998@yah Posted at 2015-3-19 01:50
Tahoe Ed, I have not tried to reload the app, however I am running the same app on my iphone 6 and g ...

have you solved this problem yet? i'm having the same problem with my iPad Air 1, but once i plug the SD card into my computer, the video is perfect. I'm guessing it's my processing speed on my iPad Air 1.
2015-4-3
Use props
aovalo
New

United States

I am having the same issue with jumpy video from my new Inspire. Using a new IPad Air 2. After loading to my laptop the video is still jumping. Any help would be appreciated. Looks like about every 2 seconds a frame is missing and the rhythm is consistent.
2015-4-20
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Try using a lower transmission rate. I had that problem, but set mine to 4 Mbps. Also click on hardware encoding (or something like that).
2015-4-20
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

After reading many saying they were down to 8 channels of video and not experiencing it myself, I completed my updates, including tx, and battery, re-installed ios on my ipad mini 2 and iphone 5s and 6 also updated my android app on my tablet. Now, I only get 8 channels and completely inconsistent or unstable video. Images on all of the devices a garbage, grainy, and dropping the signal. Completely unusable. Tried auto and custom. Tried the image transmission quality setting and still a poor signal. So even though I had problems with the video, I took it out as I only fly VLOS. I completed a compass calibration and all seemed fine. Had my Galaxy Tab 4 8" which prior to the update worked perfectly. Now when I power the props, as others have stated, the app crashed. It did that several times and also noticed that from 100% battery it dropped to 75% without even flying it. I switched to the iPad mini 2 and although the image quality was aweful, I was able to start the motors. When I started to climb and tried to hover at about 20 feet, as I released the left stick allowing it to center, the inspire started dropping rapidly. I had to input throttle to get it to raise again. I'll use neutral to describe the motors as it seemed they were running as slow as when it was sitting on the ground. Also, now my battery after only 3 minutes of flight is at 45%. Luckily it didn't crash, but what is up with these updates? I do not feel confident in this unit at all.

Any suggestions or sympathy are welcome.

Thanks
2015-4-21
Use props
mlathem1998
lvl.2
United States

I'm still having issues on mine. I hope DJI can address this one day.
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules