1716 15 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Dear DJI,
I would like to ask if DJI will offer the combo changing from basic to flymore?
I actually wouldn't ask this kind of question if Spark worked flawlessly on the smartphone. (That was also the reason why I had bought the basic combo, I though smartphone would be enough).
However, seeing how crappy the Android app work and so many technical issue with Spark on smartphone, I feel a need to buy a remote control for safety purpose. For your interest, this is not because I am happy with your technical team, but it is just because I am not confident with your work and don't want to risk having $500 fly away.
Now if buying a remote separately it would be as much as a flymore combo (but less accessoriese). Sorry but I must say I feel like being CHEATED here. You advertised the cheap combo to attract customers. Then after buying, customers realize it is not as good as it is supposed to be, they have no choice but to upgrade for which is much expensive than buying flymore combo from the beginning.
I understand you have to be smart in doing business but this...I don't know, just doesn't feel right.
Look, I understand that this is all my fault for choosing the basic combo from the beginning, I do not blame DJI. However, please considering an option to let us to update from basic to flymore (For eample: sell an upgrade kit price $200 which include all that you do not have in the basic) . I believe it could also save your problem with the smartphone control range and signal.
Just my suggestion, I am sure there must be people out there feeling the same.
2017-7-2
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I think that make sens in actual situation .
2017-7-2
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's called the fly more combo for a reason. The second it came out I knew I wanted the RC, they were very clear about the limitations.. Stop whining, spend the money and remember for next time.
2017-7-2
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Doobry Posted at 2017-7-2 23:25
It's called the fly more combo for a reason. The second it came out I knew I wanted the RC, they were very clear about the limitations.. Stop whining, spend the money and remember for next time.

Hi there, thanks for comment. I'll be nice here, so, in case you did not read my thread carefully:
1. I did not whine.
2. As I said, I did not intend to buy RC if the control over phone wifi is good, lots of signal issue. We all know that. Yes, DJI clear about limitation but wifi control only 3/4th of what they promised and connection often lost (due to the 2.4Ghz and 5.8 Ghz).
So, yeah, thanks for the comment again but I don't buy it. Especially "remember for next time" part.
2017-7-2
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IMHO, DJI wanted to get a drone on the market that caters to the people out there who see the phantom and mavic and nearly have heart attacks at the price point. The perception of the DJI aircraft are that they are a premium product. That's probably why Apple sell them. So for DJI to release a quadcopter thats small, has autonomous controls and can be flown with just your phone. The general public will be in awe of this. Anyone else who already has a DJI product will already have a bit of an understanding about DJI kit works and I would hazard a guess that the majority of previous DJI product owners bought the flymore kits. As the OP only has a spark this adds reinforcement to my theory.
For the people who have never flown this is like an entry point into DJI quadcopters.
Personally, I think DJI should have pushed the flymore kits out first then followed up with the cheaper "drone on its own". I know financially they wanted to get a "cheap" drone onto the market and maximize profit by selling the remote and extras later on down the line but as the OP said, he doesn't feel safe flying with his phone. I wonder how many others feel this way.
I cant see DJI doing a flymore upgrade kit unless there is a serious problem with people using their phones and from what I have seen so far on many forums 99% of the problems have been user error or android device/software issues.

I bought the flymore kit but in all honesty the few flights I have done so far, most have been either been gesture mode or using my iPhone. I have had no issues. The remote is there in my bag if i need the range or finer control over my spark.

2017-7-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very fair request
2017-7-3
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can buy the fly-more stuff seperatly. Like a RC, a extra battery, a case, some props. They included all that things in a package so it would be cheaper to buy all things in one time. If you want the Spark without extra's and decide that you realy want the extra stuf, you have to buy it separate (and yes that's more expensive)....
2017-7-3
Use props
fans99fba624
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Im with you on this
2017-7-3
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

The Spark is still very new and still has a few bugs here and there.  Please be assured that DJI will be releasing firmware updates to squish the bugs and make it a better product.  Hopefully some of the improvements will be targeted at the connection issue that some users are having when using just their phone/tablet to connect to the drone.  
2017-7-3
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

http://store.dji.com/product/spark-remote-controller
2017-7-3
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

with the combo you safe 220$, I also almost ordered the spark .. without combo ...even  with the combo you order/get a third battery and a bag..would sell yours and then order the combo now the second hand price is still high
2017-7-4
Use props
insteadof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151985 ft
United States

Buy the combo, and then sell the new Spark itself on eBay for a bit under $499.  
2017-7-4
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

insteadof Posted at 2017-7-4 14:22
Buy the combo, and then sell the new Spark itself on eBay for a bit under $499.

Drones are like guns, once they come to my house, they can never leave! Buy the Fly More, live, love and drone on!
2017-7-4
Use props
Statici
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213445 ft
United States

Isn't the point of buying a combo to save money as compared to buying everything separately...?

If you want to get all the things that are included, you have:
Battery - $49
Propeller guards - $19
Charging hub - $69
Remote controller - $149

Altogether, that is $286. The combo saves you $86. The only thing that you can't get separately is the tote bag.

It's your own fault for missing it
2017-7-4
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-7-4 14:12
with the combo you safe 220$, I also almost ordered the spark .. without combo ...even  with the combo you order/get a third battery and a bag..would sell yours and then order the combo now the second hand price is still high

You do not get 3 batteries when buying the Spark w/ Fly More combo. The Spark itself comes with one battery no matter how you buy it. Adding the Fly More combo only comes with one additional battery for a total of 2.
2017-7-5
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-7-5 09:39
You do not get 3 batteries when buying the Spark w/ Fly More combo. The Spark itself comes with one battery no matter how you buy it. Adding the Fly More combo only comes with one additional battery for a total of 2.

Yes, true that, I actually aimed more, on the fact, that the usb hub comes with 3 slots,  think that most (users) of them will buy a third battery, and the bag supplied
have to order a good hardcase anyway
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules