Zeiss Cinemizer, FatShark, and Other Goggles - Worth the Experience?
13360 104 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-21 08:02
Can't fly without them! tried watching a movie with them once but it did not interest me...

Awesome news Mark.

How do you have it set up? do you keep the power pack in your pocket? 3ft cord, 6 ft cord? what are you plugged into?

Bob
2015-4-20
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Velcro is my favorite accessory.... I have a 3' HDMI spooled around the foot under the ports...I have also used a set up, where I know I will have lots of "spectators", iPad on controller, Field monitor coming out of main controller for spectators, and cinemizers coming out of field monitor for me to FPV... As I have mentioned in numerous other threads a second controller added to the setup causes weak video signal... but the answers to those questions always fall flat....
IMG_0438.JPG
2015-4-20
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-21 10:02
Velcro is my favorite accessory.... I have a 3' HDMI spooled around the foot under the ports...I hav ...

So do you think I should send the 2nd controller back while I still can, spend the money elsewhere, Like on a nice new monitor?

what are you using as field monitor that has hdmi out?, (and how are you powering it in the field)?

Bob
2015-4-20
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well, I have one of these:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... 80p_camera_top.html

Probably a bit on the expensive side for inspire flying... I use this more for bigger production set ups... I have only used the 2nd controller twice and that was just to test them out... I have never tried them in a real world scenario because the video feed drops constantly. The only response I got back was that this should not be happening... test yours out and let me know... Personally I am a control freak so I don't know if I would be able to fly while someone else "tried" to get the shot I want... Maybe someday I will get to test having a camera man...
Edit: the monitor is powered by Sony NP f975 batteries....
2015-4-20
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-21 10:36
Well, I have one of these:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... 80p_camera_top.html

Probably a bit ...

This would look nicer, and for the same price -
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... 7250_uhd_55_4k.html

Bob
2015-4-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

The Cinemizer's have a slightly better color gamut and the aspect ratio is 16:9 which is more appropriate for the Inspire. The FOV is 30degrees which is less than the 45 degrees of the Dominator. For HD output from a device like the Inspire's system, the Cinemizer has a slight edge. I still prefer flying using a Pad. There are things you can do on the pad, you cannot do with FPV goggles like change camera settings, gimbal settings and various other settings. If you do aerial photography, unless its events you are covering, shooting when the sun is high isn't great to start with so one key advantage of using goggles is really up to one's usage model.
2015-4-20
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-4-21 12:57
The Cinemizer's have a slightly better color gamut and the aspect ratio is 16:9 which is more approp ...

Thanks for the awesome input Mike.
I think most guys will use both at the same time, not one or the other.
I am sure I read of one guy who can look over the top of them for los with the bird, look under them to see the ipad and adjust settings.
I will be trying mine out on wed when the weather clears and will report back to guys and let you know what I think.

Bob

also ....... if you are using a Shield on your primary controller, it has an hdmi out so you will see all the app data in the glasses if you use it's output instead of the hud display coming out of the hdmi out on the radio
2015-4-20
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

+1 for the Cinemizers.

I'd recommend them for glare reduction alone. Sun shades are too cumbersome for my taste.

I take off and land without them, but once airborne, I use them. Anytime I need to use the app, I just put them up on my head or around my neck like sunglasses.

Skeptical at first, but now glad I made the plunge.
2015-4-21
Use props
Blademan
lvl.1

Russia

Hi

I use Cinemizer and I am very satisfied.
Recently I was able to try the glasses Sony HMZ-T3, the image in them even better. Image substantially greater dynamic range and broader more natural colors. Electric wires of street lighting in them can be seen better. There is a slight defocusing at the edges of the screen to the right and left, but that's not really spoil the impression.
The only thing that is not very good in those glasses - this is their fixation on the head.
They are heavy and uncomfortable, it takes a long time to be fit under your head.
But anyway, I decided to buy them and ordered the Japanese seller on ebay and costs $ 570. A week later, I hope they will be delivered to me.
I will test them and think keep it to use or sell.
2015-4-21
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Blademan Posted at 2015-4-22 02:01
Hi

I use Cinemizer and I am very satisfied.

awesome feedback Blademan -

so overall, which is better for FPV in your opinion, Zeus Cinimizer or Sony ???

Bob
2015-4-21
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

Hi guys, there is a guy over on RCgroups who has both the cinimizers and fatshark HD. Here is his view on them

Surrogatemarker writes:
For a "Inspire only" set of Goggles.. Then at the moment I would choose the Cineimizers, if you plan to fly other multirotors or FPV planes in addition to the Inspire , then the Dominator HD's win..
Cinemizer pluses:
Lighter and more comfortable but also get the eye shields or cups as they come separately to better block light leaking in around the sides of your eyes. Slightly clearer picture than the Dominators but that may be just be me.. It's not a big difference and others see no difference.
If you plan to use the OSD you will see more of it on the Cinemizers which have a wider rectangular screen effect than the Dom's which present a more square screen effect. Although squarish.. The screen seems closer and slightly bigger with the Dom's .

Dominator HD advantages: separate batteries so you can buy and charge more than one for a full day of flying. The Cinemizers have a single cable attached battery and control pod that you can't remove and it's also where you plug in the HDMI video source.
If you install a nose cam on the inspire as a pilot camera, the Dominator HD, or other SD goggles will be needed as you will likely be using 5.8 ghz video transmitter with SD video and the Dom HDs can display both 720p and. SD 480p video sources.. So can the Cinemizers, but they have to use a cable to a ground station setup as they have no wireless video reception capability.. With the Dominators, you install a receiver module and 5.8 skew planar antennae on the left side of the goggles and you are in business with no wires.. This is also the case if you plan to fly other quads like racing mini quads or even FPV planes.. The Dominators win if you are going to fly multiple aircraft both HD or SD FPV..
Bottom line.. If you want the best Inspire only goggles.. The Zeiss Cinimizers win in my opinion.. But before you separate yourself from roughly $700- 800 bucks.. Do a last thorough scan of all soon to be released goggles.. There will be many more google options on the market this summer and later this year...tech moves so fast, the best goggles right now, may be "soooo last month" very quickly.
Either way.. I suggest if they are in stock at B&H photo, get them there.. As they have a no questions asked return policy.. Buy the Cinemizers, and if you love them, don't look back, if you don't.. return them and get the Dominator HDs.. Best Regards, Mark Williams

2015-4-21
Use props
Blademan
lvl.1

Russia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-22 04:37
awesome feedback Blademan -

so overall, which is better for FPV in your opinion, Zeus  ...

Zeus Cinemizer + Sony fantastic Oled matrix 1280x720  = I can only dream about it ;)
2015-4-21
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for posting that Matt.
We appreciate the time Mark spent writing this to help out others,

Bob
2015-4-21
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Very pleased with my Zeiss Cinemizer, funny the way it is Cinemizer & Inspire look like they were developed by the same designer, definitely a Stormtrooper fan.
However, I am very interested in testing this product, the price and the tech specs are very interesting

http://www.headplay.com
2015-4-21
Use props
Blademan
lvl.1

Russia

mani Posted at 2015-4-22 06:49
Very pleased with my Zeiss Cinemizer, funny the way it is Cinemizer & Inspire look like they were de ...

I tested a similar product.

Fresnel lens used there is significant distortion of the image.

But have a huge screen and large viewing angles.
2015-4-21
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Did you get your Zeiss Cinemizer's Bob? If so what do you think?
2015-4-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-24 22:13
Did you get your Zeiss Cinemizer's Bob? If so what do you think?

I did, and I got cables, just haven't had the time.
Been flying and shooting lots of pcs, learning the camera.
Gonna rain all day Saturday, I'll try them out on Sunday.

Bob
2015-4-24
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-25 01:20
I did, and I got cables, just haven't had the time.
Been flying and shooting lots of pcs, learning ...

Great I cant wait to hear what you think. My head is swimming with pro's for this and cons for that.  So it would be great to get some feedback. Thanks.
2015-4-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-25 02:17
Great I cant wait to hear what you think. My head is swimming with pro's for this and cons for tha ...

Holy Chit   I just flew with my Cinimizers for the first time. allI can say is   fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk  totally awesome, way better than my older (non hd fatsharks).

In an instant, I no longer had a need for a tablet sun shade. Full review coming tonight !!!

Bob Holy Cow" Marley
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-3 02:59
Holy Chit   I just flew with my Cinimizers for the first time. allI can say is   fuuuuuuuuuu ...

Blood hell mate . What are you doing to me? I had only just talked myself out of buying a pair. Looking forward to the review
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-3 03:03
Blood hell mate . What are you doing to me? I had only just talked myself out of buying a pair. Lo ...

I'll tell you right now, buy them, (b4 they are all gone).

I'm going back out flying, way cool

Bob
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Blood hell mate . What are you doing to me? I had only just talked myself out of buying a pair. Lo ...

Just came back again.
The cinemizers are a keeper folks.
You can see your bird over the top of them, u can see your tablet under them, and dam are they nice in the bright sunshine

I bought the rubber sunshade too but haven't taken it out of the package yet, that will be double nice.

I'll tell you guys one thing, I'll never fly during the day without them again, well worth the 750 clams.

Bob "I can see clearly now" Marley
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Dude, they're amazing, you buying them or what?

Bob
2015-5-2
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

where is the full review??? are they clear or grainy?
2015-5-3
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

mattd@internode Posted at 2015-5-3 17:27
where is the full review??? are they clear or grainy?

I already said that they were clear and I will no longer fly without them.

Here is a review I saw somewhere .....

Hi guys, there is a guy over on RCgroups who has both the cinimizers and fatshark HD. Here is his view on them

Surrogatemarker writes:
For a "Inspire only" set of Goggles.. Then at the moment I would choose the Cineimizers, if you plan to fly other multirotors or FPV planes in addition to the Inspire , then the Dominator HD's win..
Cinemizer pluses:
Lighter and more comfortable but also get the eye shields or cups as they come separately to better block light leaking in around the sides of your eyes. Slightly clearer picture than the Dominators but that may be just be me.. It's not a big difference and others see no difference.
If you plan to use the OSD you will see more of it on the Cinemizers which have a wider rectangular screen effect than the Dom's which present a more square screen effect. Although squarish.. The screen seems closer and slightly bigger with the Dom's .

Dominator HD advantages: separate batteries so you can buy and charge more than one for a full day of flying. The Cinemizers have a single cable attached battery and control pod that you can't remove and it's also where you plug in the HDMI video source.
If you install a nose cam on the inspire as a pilot camera, the Dominator HD, or other SD goggles will be needed as you will likely be using 5.8 ghz video transmitter with SD video and the Dom HDs can display both 720p and. SD 480p video sources.. So can the Cinemizers, but they have to use a cable to a ground station setup as they have no wireless video reception capability.. With the Dominators, you install a receiver module and 5.8 skew planar antennae on the left side of the goggles and you are in business with no wires.. This is also the case if you plan to fly other quads like racing mini quads or even FPV planes.. The Dominators win if you are going to fly multiple aircraft both HD or SD FPV..
Bottom line.. If you want the best Inspire only goggles.. The Zeiss Cinimizers win in my opinion.. But before you separate yourself from roughly $700- 800 bucks.. Do a last thorough scan of all soon to be released goggles.. There will be many more google options on the market this summer and later this year...tech moves so fast, the best goggles right now, may be "soooo last month" very quickly.
Either way.. I suggest if they are in stock at B&H photo, get them there.. As they have a no questions asked return policy.. Buy the Cinemizers, and if you love them, don't look back, if you don't.. return them and get the Dominator HDs.. Best Regards, Mark Williams

Bob
2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules