Can't Play Osmo Clips
4651 13 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sarppi
New

Finland

I have a problem with osmo clips that I recorded. About a half of the 4K clips I recorded won't play. Not on the app and not on my computer. The icons look different and the files are smaller than the ones that work properly. I can find all the clips from my phone with lower quality and they are okay. The ones that I can't play, they just open and are all black. Nothing happens.

I have tried different SD cards and another mobile phone. I also formatted the SD cards on the app before recording. I have the latest DJI Go app version. And it's not because of powering off the camera because I took several clips one after another without powering off or using the sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Osmo Files

Osmo Files
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We feel so sorry for the experience with our product and will try our best to get it addressed. Could you happen to upload several videos to Dropbox and post the link here so that we can have a check? And what is the firmware version and APP version? Thanks in advance.
2017-7-3
Use props
Sarppi
New

Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 18:29
We feel so sorry for the experience with our product and will try our best to get it addressed. Could you happen to upload several videos to Dropbox and post the link here so that we can have a check? And what is the firmware version and APP version? Thanks in advance.

The app version that i'm using is 3.1.7 and firmware version is 1.5.0.90. I think I need to update the firmware and try if that will fix the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53unc ... 5LDum6UGM9zAMa?dl=0
2017-7-3
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

try the new firmware/
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sarppi Posted at 2017-7-3 22:42
The app version that i'm using is 3.1.7 and firmware version is 1.5.0.90. I think I need to update the firmware and try if that will fix the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53uncycn0jy94uh/AAA3VGkhND75LDum6UGM9zAMa?dl=0

Please have a try and keep us updated if the problem persists.
2017-7-4
Use props
Sarppi
New

Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 01:38
Please have a try and keep us updated if the problem persists.

Well it seems like the firmware version 1.5.0.90 is the latest one for Osmo+ so I already have it. Anything else what I should try?
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sarppi Posted at 2017-7-4 03:31
Well it seems like the firmware version 1.5.0.90 is the latest one for Osmo+ so I already have it. Anything else what I should try?

You may try to force your Osmo+’s firmware to update: before powering on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button simultaneously, then pull the Power Switch down for about 5 second until the right LED blinks red and green. The OSMO+ will detect the firmware and begin updating. The update is complete when the LED displays solid green.
If the problem persists after updating, please upload several videos to Dropbox and post the link here, we will have a check, thank you in advance.
2017-7-5
Use props
Sarppi
New

Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 03:38
You may try to force your Osmo+’s firmware to update: before powering on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button simultaneously, then pull the Power Switch down for about 5 second until the right LED blinks red and green. The OSMO+ will detect the firmware and begin updating. The update is complete when the LED displays solid green.
If the problem persists after updating, please upload several videos to Dropbox and post the link here, we will have a check, thank you in advance.

Now I have forced the firmware to update but it didn't fix the problem. I uploaded some videos that don't work to Dropbox so please have a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17l10 ... lVfae5WRq_GV5a?dl=0
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sarppi Posted at 2017-7-5 22:15
Now I have forced the firmware to update but it didn't fix the problem. I uploaded some videos that don't work to Dropbox so please have a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17l10knmvo4uk1c/AAABl6gFeAVlVfae5WRq_GV5a?dl=0

The videos you uploaded on Dropbox can be played on my computer, but very short like pictures. Do you have the video in your phone correspondingly?
2017-7-5
Use props
Sarppi
New

Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 22:26
The videos you uploaded on Dropbox can be played on my computer, but very short like pictures. Do you have the video in your phone correspondingly?

The videos on my phone are between 15 and 30 seconds long.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sarppi Posted at 2017-7-5 23:31
The videos on my phone are between 15 and 30 seconds long.

Copy that. I have forwarded this issue to our engineer for analysis, I will come back to you once there is any update, thank you for your patience.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Dear Sarppi,

We have analyzed the video clips which you have offered. We found there are audio frame  only in the whole video file. Hence, you can't  play it normally. At the same time , the audio frames is less than 13.So could you share the record operation of them with us, we will try to reproduce it and repair it.

Thanks for your support for our products.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post by 12# is from our R&D engineer, please reply to me directly about their questions at your most convenience, I will transfer to them in time. Thanks.
2017-7-26
Use props
LeeLee
New
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I'm having similar problems, my videos will play but the footage will crack in the middle of the video, specially where is the film involves lots of turning around, movements.  
What can I do to fix this issue? However it plays smooth on my Mimo app on my phone.

Thanks
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules