shutter control on Z15-GH4 not working
1547 3 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

just now trying to set up a GH4 to work with the Z15-GH4, I'm using a spektrum dx18 in a 1 pilot set up, so i have plenty of channels to get full functionality from the gimbal. Unfortunately I can't even get the shutter control to work, I've done everything by the book and can see the switch is correctly mapped in the set up assistant, so the signal from the tx is making it to the GCU, but not to the camera. I've checked that the cable is plugged in correctly (right way up and fully inserted) the camera dial is set to creative video and focus to AFC. but when i use the switch on the transmitter in video mode it does not begin recording.

any ideas?

also, the set up assistant for the Z15 states:

function description
-SHUT: for camera shutter control
-AUX1: for camera aperture adjust or 360º panoramic photograph function
-AUX2: for gimbal orientation (down or forward) in FPV mode
-AUX3: for camera recording control

i have all of these channels wired form the rx to the GCU and getting recognition in the set up assistant that SHUT and AUX3 are mapped although neither of them do anything when i trigger them with the camera. the other two i cant even get mapped.

is anyone using these functions? I'm finding it very difficult to find any information on how to get these working other than what I've already stated.
I also don't understand how the camera aperture can be adjusted by a two position switch, it would need to be a variable knob wouldn't it?
2015-3-17
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hi,
I need to know the connections between your rx to GCU, please post a pic here.
If it's a dbus or sbus rx, please only insert the rx-bus to AUX2 of GCU.
BTW, the GH4 can only control shut of your camera, please refer to the user manual for the function illustration.
2015-3-19
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

thanks D-boy, can send u a pic but just about to sleep. using a 9 channel spectrum rx with their xplus 8 rx extension (it provides 8 extra channels which the dx18 radio can use) so basically using the 9 channel rx going into a wookong-M and the xplus 8 going into the GCU, it's not dbus or sbus rx. As i said, i can see the GCU is receiving the SHUT signal because on the assistant software the red indicator comes up and moves from one side to the other when i activate the switch.

i keep seeing online that a lot of people are saying that version 2.4 has a bug that often prevents shutter control, seems that a lot of people are downgrading the firmware to 1.4-1.6-1.8 to get the shutter control working..any comment? pretty tempted to try it

by the way, got the AUX 2 function working on it now, pity that the aperture control does not work for the GH4, that would be perfect..
2015-3-20
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

so..used a firmware downgrade offered not by dji, but a third party and downgraded the GCU firmware to 1.4, my shutter control is now working   tried 'upgrading' it back to 2.4  and the shutter control didn't work, so put it back into 1.4, then it did work. whether other people have their shutter control working in 2.4 i don't know, but my experience suggests that whatever changes dji have made to the firmware between 1.4 -2.4 is causing the shutter control function not to work for some people.

DJI CAN YOU PLEASE TEST YOUR FIRMWARE THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT!!
PRODUCT USERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR PRODUCTS AND RISK PUBLIC SAFETY AND $$!!
2015-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules