Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans817b144a Posted at 2017-7-5 21:24
Thank you!! Do you know the best way to connect the remote to the ac hardwired? For some reason it's not working that well

Do you mean the RC to android/ IOS device ?

First of all get a proper OTG cable one that handles data as well as charging.
Connect RC to AC
Open DJI G04 app
Then connect  OTG cable from device to RC
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Setup Hell Posted at 2017-8-10 14:17
I can't update the firmware because the app keeps demanding I be connected to the Spark wi-fi. Well, I've been getting nothing but "can't connect to the internet" on my iPhone for over an hour. Tried everything in the manuals and in the forums.

Use a pc or mac and download the DJI Assistant 2, it's much easier and safer for updates to AC and battery firmware.

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

The controller update is the only finicky thing,
1) where you need to connect to AC first, the app will then inform you of an update for the controller
2 ) you then need to disconnect from the AC and logon on to your own wi-fi to download the update (all of this process is controlled by the app, so keep it open)
3) once downloaded, connect back up to the AC wi-fi and the controller will start once the connection has been made.
4) then restart and reconnect the AC / Controller and phone
2017-8-23
Use props
Badafrgnbang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

vpasq Posted at 2017-7-4 16:11
Don't be so quick to say "you will never lose connection" as I have had my Spark two days and this second day I became disconnected from my hard wire connection of the R/C and the drone.  There are several posts on this forum addressing this problem.  Just wanted folks to know there can be a problem.  DJI is aware and again, it appears to be an issue being studied for a solution.  I didn't want others to get the false sense of security of the hard wired connection like I had.  Btw, this was using an iPhone 6s tethered.

Found a way not to get disconnected. Before you hard wire the remote, make sure your remote connected okay with the wifi then connect the hardwire to the remote connecting to your phone charging cable. then make sure you are connected to the spark. Once you are connected fine, then go back to your phone settings and shut wifi off. No Fly a Way. no wifi connected you are completely connected via hard wire. Also, make sure you turn on the "DO NOT DISTURB" function on your phone or tablet. You can lose signal and then have a fly away. I never lost signal and flew 1000 feet. in distance and tried the RTH and worked great. Only issue I had was it landed 4" inches from the launch. Also get the spark landing gear extenders. Will raise the Spark up 3-4 inches in height and you do not have to worry about  screwing the geo sensors and barometric sensors.  I always like to do a palm launch of I forget the risers
2017-9-2
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 23:05
Do you mean the RC to android/ IOS device ?

First of all get a proper OTG cable one that handles data as well as charging.

Yeah, I bought a cheap OTG cable on amazon. I will buy another OTG cable.  Thank you very much
2017-9-26
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 22:56
Have you tried connecting your phone to the Spark wi-fi first  before opening the DJI Go4 app

When I contacted support regarding the Spark via phone and message chat (Both support platforms are really bad) then gave me a ticket to send for repair. I sent my Mavic Pro RC in because of the function 5 zoom toggle and it took over a month. They said it was a replacement, but it was used (Less than a month old) fo the $$$ we spend on DJI you think they would give a NEW one. I am concerned sending the Spark in (got it the day it came out and waited a month and received the Spark) Now if I send it in it will take up to 90 days fir a replacement.  
2017-9-26
Use props
YaelBr
New
Israel

I think I have the same problem...
I own an LG G3, I can connect the drone's wifi to it, but then it writes "No internet connections" so I can't connect the spark to my phone.

I tried the Spark with several cellphones, they all worked besides The LG ones... is that a "thing"? is the spark incompatible with LG cellphones?  
What can I do?
HELP PLEASE!!!
2017-10-2
Use props
Potato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767349 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 23:06
Use a pc or mac and download the DJI Assistant 2, it's much easier and safer for updates to AC and battery firmware.

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Thanks for this info. I'm getting my Spark next week and was curious how to update everything.
2017-10-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Potato Posted at 2017-10-3 08:00
Thanks for this info. I'm getting my Spark next week and was curious how to update everything.

The small challenge with the spark is the that the remote controller needs to be updated via the DJI GO4 app, which is a slightly messy process of connecting wi-fi from the phone/ tablet to the home wireless to download the RC update and then reconnect the phone/tablet back to the RC to install the update on the Spark RC. Unfortunately the Spark RC it is not recognised by the DJI Assistant 2 so it can't be used to update it.
2017-10-4
Use props
Claim-Copter
New
United States

SOLUTION (at least for me)
I am a new Spark owner.  I too had some of the problems described in prior posts.  The Spark will not fly unless all firmware updates are downloaded.  My phone showed the Spark device and I connected to it.  It too said "no internet connection".  I was puzzeled as most of you.  Try this:  My phone was automatically connecting with my home router.  I disconnected my home router.     I activated the DJI  icon on my phone: Clicked up updates and received a message to "Enter device" I selected the DJI Spark device. NOTE: it again said no internet access.  I proceeded anyway.  I went back to the updates and clicked a button at bottom of screen of cellphone which said Update.  The update downloaded.  It was large and took a while.  Whith the download in place I was able to fly the drone.  I hope this will help others with the same problem.  
2017-12-9
Use props
cheemalakonda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6883 ft

Japan

The Problem here:
2018-1-22
Use props
cheemalakonda
lvl.1

Japan

The Problem here: When We connect Mobile to a wifi source it disconnects Mobile data from other sources. Since the Mobile is now connected  Drone/Drone RC which doesn't which is not an ISP the mobile automatically loses  internet source.  
2018-1-22
Use props
cheemalakonda
lvl.1

Japan

The problem here: When Mobile connects to a wifi source it disconnects mobile data, Since we are using wifi to connect with the drone/RC the ISP source is lost and the mobile will no longer access internet. and here come the worst part since the connection is lost, we we cant download neither NO FLY Zone update or firmware update.
2018-1-22
Use props
cheemalakonda
lvl.1

Japan

o connect your Mobile over OTG link and then use your mobile data for updates download. This worked for me.
2018-1-22
Use props
cheemalakonda
lvl.1

Japan

Option #2:
Open Debugger Mode on your Phone and Activate:
MObile data Always Active (this enables your mobile data even when your device is connected on wifi.

Now you can connect your drone on wifi and still have active data.
2018-1-22
Use props
cheemalakonda
lvl.1

Japan

lannes Posted at 2017-8-23 23:04
The only issue is that OTG  for the spark is not formally supported by DJI as yet, so I'm not sure about the warranty provisions etc.

Android Marshmellow and above will allow Mobile data usage along with wifi.
Use debugger mode to activate the same and your problem is solved.
2018-1-22
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

The message states "No Internet Connection"...NOT "No Network Connection".

If the above message appears, congratulations, you've succesfully connected to the device, and should be able to fly (after carrying out your pre-flight checks of course).
2018-1-23
Use props
Olivierd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97480 ft
Belgium

Recovry4x4 Posted at 2017-7-3 11:32
The latest Go 4 update has caused this. Its happening to many folks including myself on my Motorola Droid.  My Samsung S3 gets beyond that stage.

Yes indeed, everything was working PERFECT until I did the updates in the app. Now i can only fly with my Iphone (8+). I can't connect the RC anymore. It says "no internet connection". Must be a bug and really annoying cause i can't fix it up to now...
2018-2-8
Use props
Olivierd
lvl.1
Belgium

vpasq Posted at 2017-7-4 16:11
Don't be so quick to say "you will never lose connection" as I have had my Spark two days and this second day I became disconnected from my hard wire connection of the R/C and the drone.  There are several posts on this forum addressing this problem.  Just wanted folks to know there can be a problem.  DJI is aware and again, it appears to be an issue being studied for a solution.  I didn't want others to get the false sense of security of the hard wired connection like I had.  Btw, this was using an iPhone 6s tethered.

Indeed, happened also to me. Bought the connector and until now I did not lost the signal anymore
2018-2-8
Use props
Olivierd
lvl.1
Belgium

Olivierd Posted at 2018-2-8 05:11
Yes indeed, everything was working PERFECT until I did the updates in the app. Now i can only fly with my Iphone (8+). I can't connect the RC anymore. It says "no internet connection". Must be a bug and really annoying cause i can't fix it up to now...

I kept trying and i don't know how i did it anymore cause i tried so many things but it works again!!!! It's still says "no internet connection" in the Spark RC-wifi bit it works. The led on the RC turns green again!
To be sure I continue to use the RC adapter with the Iphone cable.
I'll try again tomorrow and see if it's stable. So, don't give up...!
If the spark works with your mobile phone it does mean it is the connection with the RC so find that out first.

2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_TawWxLyiKAIu
New

Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-3 11:02
Tap that alert and select whatever your phone tells you to remain connected to the WiFi.

You think you’re helping by answering like that?
3-12 09:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules