772 7 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard, a 4 Pro and just ordered the Spark.

I crashed my 3 Standard over a year ago.  Gimbal broke off.  It is going to cost nearly $300 to repair.  What options do I have so I can keep it without dumping a ton of money into it?  I was thinking of buying a GoPro 5 anyway, so would that be an option to mount that under the bird?

I'd love to hear any thoughts!
2017-7-3
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

Dji does not spport any cameras, unless you have the Inspire 1 or above, so If you were going to attach a go-pro, you'd have so many problems with software. The software, DJI GO, does not currently reconize Gopros as a Dji certified camera. So, if you won't buy the officail camera, you
2017-7-3
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brayan2134 Posted at 2017-7-3 11:28
Dji does not spport any cameras, unless you have the Inspire 1 or above, so If you were going to attach a go-pro, you'd have so many problems with software. The software, DJI GO, does not currently reconize Gopros as a Dji certified camera. So, if you won't buy the officail camera, you

I wouldnt be looking for support.  The go pro would just be running while i fly.  Id be flying watching the bird instead of the screen.  I just hate the thought of this thing being of no use to me and at the same time im not anout to pay $300 to repair it.

So..... any creative ideas on what i can do to conti ue use?
2017-7-3
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

It will fly without original camera. No telemetry or video obviosluyl You have to watch the lights on the ac to know when its ready to fly and has gps lock. Check the manual for lights.
2017-7-3
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Doesnt the gopro have a live video stream over wifi? I mean you would have to use 2 devices but it should work. Can you not repair the gimbal? I just walked another member here through replacing his p4p yaw motor and he had no experience repairing electronics. He did an awesome job and the p4p is back together working for the price of a yaw motor. DJI wanted $700 to fix it. Whats broke on your gimbal? The parts are readily  available on ebay and not really expensive. Especially not compared to what dji charges. $300 is insane. Their selling new at walmart for $500. If nothing else part it out on ebay and get you a new one.
2017-7-3
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You can also get a run cam with a wireless transmitter like what  race quads have. Most all goggles have a wireless receiver for them to receive a video transmission from a run cam. You can also just get a cheap receiver/monitor for a ground station. You put you a big enough transmitter on it and the range will far surpass what the p3s is capable of. I think the p4 actually has a video/power supply output to tx on the camera. Most people have never noticed it but its on the bottom of the camera. It has a plastic grommet covering it but its there if indeed it is a video/tx out. I cant say for sure that thats what it is but its the same 5 pin 3.5v plug that video transmitters use to connect to the camera. I dont see what else it could be. Your p3 camera may have one to thus giving you the option to use the original camera.
2017-7-3
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Here it is.
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
2017-7-3
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-7-3 19:47
It will fly without original camera. No telemetry or video obviosluyl You have to watch the lights on the ac to know when its ready to fly and has gps lock. Check the manual for lights.

All the telemetry will still work, just no video. I flew mine for 2 months without a camera. I just used the map to fly but everything else still worked exactl the same. RTH worked, the app worked, way points worked. Now like tap to fly wont work or active track but the p3 doesnt have those ifm's anyway but everything else worked fine.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules