Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
downloading firmware
2241 10 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pat C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12589 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 std, I'm trying to download the lastest firmware and it has failed 3 times so I shut it down and restarted and now it started to sound off an annouying alarm. The only thing I've done since the last firmware update was install a 32 gb card and formated it, I think I need help from someone.
2017-7-3
Use props
fansad666a1a
New
Ireland

I've done the same only I've put in a 64GB card and formatted it, -- it has downloaded to the hand controller and when I download it to the aircraft it will only go to 40% then fail comes up can anyone help
2017-7-3
Use props
johnsond
New
Flight distance : 656 ft
United States

fansad666a1a Posted at 2017-7-3 14:16
I've done the same only I've put in a 64GB card and formatted it, -- it has downloaded to the hand controller and when I download it to the aircraft it will only go to 40% then fail comes up can anyone help

I'm in the same boat, that alarm is driving me crazy.  I'm guessing the software download is bad.  Lets hope DJI gets on this issue.
2017-7-3
Use props
NanneyGoat
New
Flight distance : 43868 ft
United States

I got the same problem here.  I've been trying to update the firmware on my P4 for the past two hours through the DJI assistant 2 and DJI GO and my iPad and Nexus phone and still no luck.  
2017-7-3
Use props
NanneyGoat
New
Flight distance : 43868 ft
United States

Update: I restarted my iPad and moved my P4 and iPad into the next room closer to the router and the firmware update went through.  
2017-7-3
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Phantom 3 latest firmware version can download from here: v1.09.2

Update guides:

1. Remove the sdcard from the gimbal and put into PC/Mac to format.
2. Extract the v1.09.2.bin and put into root of the sdcard.
3. Eject the sdcard from PC/Mac and insert back to the gimbal.
4. Power on the remote control.
5. Run the DJI go app from your Android/IOS devices.
6. Connect WiFi to your remote control.
7. Press and hold the (RESET) button on your aircraft and power on the aircraft.
8. After power on the aircraft and wait for the first tone on the gimbal then release the (RESET) button.
9. Wait for the firmware update......It will take about 15~25 minutes.
10. Once the firmware update success the front gimbal light will become solid green.
11. Power off the aircraft, power off the remote control, power off the DJI Go app.
12. Power on the remote control then run the DJI go app again and connect the remote control WiFi, after that power on the aircraft.
13. Do the IMU calibration, Gimbal calibration, Compass calibration.
14. You are now done and safe to fly.

reset.jpg

2017-7-3
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

NanneyGoat Posted at 2017-7-3 16:26
I got the same problem here.  I've been trying to update the firmware on my P4 for the past two hours through the DJI assistant 2 and DJI GO and my iPad and Nexus phone and still no luck.

Wrong forum guys. this is the Standard thread.
Video below was confusing until I realized it wasn't a P3S.
2017-7-3
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Boy oh boy .... just read the extended novel of how to correct failed FW update ....

OK - this is how to do the P3S if it failed .... simple and not a novel !!!!

Download the FW file to PC or whatever you like to use ...
Take card out of camera
Transfer FW file to the card from PC
Switch on Controller
Switch on AC - the LED on the gimbal will flash red as it tries to find card
Now put card into camera
LED on gimbal will now alternate red / green as it reads and installs FW

Go have a cup of tea ..... check that LED at times to see if it has stopped and steady green on the gimbal.

The beeping will have changed but not stopped ... don't worry ....

Switch everything of ... you can check what happened by removing sd card and reading the txt file on it .... then put card back into camera .... restart controller, AC and now you start your tablet / phone ...

You may have to relink AC to controller but with latest FW - the GO settings will likely have been reverted to factory default. So input your settings to correct.

DJI warn that you may have to login into your account once updated.

If it does not succeed first time ... just repeat the above till it does .... make sure you have a reasonably charged battery in !!!

Good luck.
2017-7-3
Use props
taddtorborg
lvl.1
United States

OK.  now I'm completely confused.
Was the firmware indicated for the Phantom 3 STANDARD?   Or the PRO?  Does it matter?
The video didn't show a Phantom 3 STANDARD.
It also gave no clue how to format the card.  Do I use Apple's Disk Utility?  Or SDFORMATTER?  
Does this fix the problem where the memory card is a brand new type 10 64GB or under card which shows up as "INVALID"?  

Thanks
2017-7-4
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If the card is invalid - then no update will ever work - because update is always saved to the card BEFORE it is installed.

If you download via GO ... GO then transfers it to the card .... then update installs.

When we suggest downloading to the card - all we are doing is bypassing the GO initial step.

Nigel
2017-7-4
Use props
taddtorborg
lvl.1
United States

taddtorborg Posted at 2017-7-4 16:34
OK.  now I'm completely confused.
Was the firmware indicated for the Phantom 3 STANDARD?   Or the PRO?  Does it matter?
The video didn't show a Phantom 3 STANDARD.

The problem I was having was that the 64GB card and 32GB card have different formatting rules?  hardware difference?  The smaller cards worked right out of the bubble pack.  64GB did not.   8GB cards are easy.  I don't know for sure where the dividing line is.  8GB is cheap so easy to experiment with.  
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules