Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-10 10:14
In partial defense of DJI (and the moderators)...

I did testing to determine what the logs contained and under what circumstances.  My conclusion (my own, others are free to disagree) is that the logs do not always contain enough information to draw a conclusion as to why a spark went down.  My soap box issue has been that even if the logs cut off prematurely, this in and of itself is a data point that something bad happened.  And that remains true.  But WHAT that "bad thing" is can be difficult or impossible to determine from just the logs alone.

While dji are within their rights to deny warranty, they are not within their rights to refuse to disclose data information to those who have sent back spark for further data analysis, but so far we haven't seen one case where warranty was given with attached information as to what caused AC to crash. This data belongs to customers not dji and should be released with every warranty given.
2017-8-10
Use props
Y2JDMBFAN
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-10 10:14
In partial defense of DJI (and the moderators)...

I did testing to determine what the logs contained and under what circumstances.  My conclusion (my own, others are free to disagree) is that the logs do not always contain enough information to draw a conclusion as to why a spark went down.  My soap box issue has been that even if the logs cut off prematurely, this in and of itself is a data point that something bad happened.  And that remains true.  But WHAT that "bad thing" is can be difficult or impossible to determine from just the logs alone.

So at this point would you recommend a Spark with the Fly More kit for a newbie with a few weeks experience about a year ago with a basic Dromida Ominus?
2017-8-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Y2JDMBFAN Posted at 2017-8-10 10:49
So at this point would you recommend a Spark with the Fly More kit for a newbie with a few weeks experience about a year ago with a basic Dromida Ominus?

Ah...  the recommendation.  Where the rubber meets the road.

Until DJI can explain to me why we are having reports and videos of sudden drops, my recommendation is as follows:

If you intend to fly only where you are able to recover the drone, then this is a GREAT drone.  I LOVE IT!  I own 8 or so, and this is my favorite.

IF, however, you intend to fly over areas where recovering the drone is impossible (over deep water for example), then NO.  DO NOT buy this drone.  BTW...  that's my primary use case (flying over water).  Had I waited and had I known about these issues, I would not be buying a spark.
2017-8-10
Use props
Y2JDMBFAN
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-10 11:35

Until DJI can explain to me why we are having reports and videos of sudden drops, my recommendation is as follows:

What's an equivalent manufacturer or model? Let's see how fast they delete this post...LOL
2017-8-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-10 11:35

And something to add.  I really struggle with my "yes" recommendation.  I have asked for a statement from DJI about these spark drops, and their recommendations for spark usage.  I've seen nothing other than the scripted responses (which are excellent, but do not address the desire for information).

I love you DJI, and I love the spark.  But you really need to say something off script about these drops, what you've discovered from the dropped equipment which has been returned, what concerns we should have with our various flight use cases, and what precautions (if any) we should take.
2017-8-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Y2JDMBFAN Posted at 2017-8-10 12:21
What's an equivalent manufacturer or model? Let's see how fast they delete this post...LOL

Why would they delete your post, dji set up this forum, as you will see a lot more people around here complaining and the forum is still here.
Regarding drone there is nothing out there that has a good technology for the price than any dji drone whether we like it or not, if you find something better please let us know.
2017-8-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Y2JDMBFAN Posted at 2017-8-10 12:21

I've purchased 3 DJI Drones, and a variety of "lesser" models.  I'm unqualified to make an alternative recommendation, because all of my other drones are closer to "toys", they are not serious outside use drones.

At the moment, I would hope that DJI addresses the spark concerns and the communication concerns.  I'm not interested in finding a competitor.

I want my DJI.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans789f651b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sat here tonight after my second day of Spark ownership wondering why, without warning, it lost power and fell from the sky. Fortunately I managed to recover it to find a broken propellor guard and damaged battery clip. The Spark seems to work okay, but surprised that after no more than 30 mins of flight time this happens.

Doesn't fill you with confidence does it?

I've emailed DJI support, have downloaded the flight logs and await a response. Fortunately bought the refresh care package and hoping I don't need to use a 'life' so soon into ownership.
2017-8-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans789f651b Posted at 2017-8-10 13:11
Sat here tonight after my second day of Spark ownership wondering why, without warning, it lost power and fell from the sky. Fortunately I managed to recover it to find a broken propellor guard and damaged battery clip. The Spark seems to work okay, but surprised that after no more than 30 mins of flight time this happens.

Doesn't fill you with confidence does it?

Can you grab the flight recorder data as well?  I don't know how to inspect it, but others in the forums might.  You might be a case where the user community can inspect the data and come up with some information.
2017-8-10
Use props
Y2JDMBFAN
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-10 12:38
I've purchased 3 DJI Drones, and a variety of "lesser" models.  I'm unqualified to make an alternative recommendation, because all of my other drones are closer to "toys", they are not serious outside use drones.

At the moment, I would hope that DJI addresses the spark concerns and the communication concerns.  I'm not interested in finding a competitor.

Anyone know how the Mavic Pro compares?
2017-8-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Actually, you are not the only one facing spark falling dead from sky. there already more than 20 cases.. me too. DJI already well aware of this issue. its something to do with battery connections, firmware or even their hardwares. spark has many problems.. its a cheap drone with cheap technology. so, careful with spark..
2017-8-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Blackforce Posted at 2017-7-6 06:54
As a first time drone owner. I am a bit concerned about the number of reports of drones flying off, falling out of the sky and basically a lack of control. Whats going on? Is there a fault with the spark?

definetly there are many problems in spark. imagine more than 20 cases spark dead in mid air and falling like a dead body. imagine many cases of flyaway and so so. mine was dead on the mid air. not human error. i can tell you. spark is a bad idea.. its cheap with cheap technology.. its toy for babies not even for children. hummmm.
2017-8-10
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-7-6 07:47
So many people have this issue but the company choose not to deal with it !

Hope soon the issue will be solve. remember..no machine is safe. out of 100. 10 may be having problems. hummm. spark is a  bad idea. cheap drone and cheap technology.
2017-8-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-10 14:45
Hope soon the issue will be solve. remember..no machine is safe. out of 100. 10 may be having problems. hummm. spark is a  bad idea. cheap drone and cheap technology.

I think your exaggerating this a bit , it's no where near 10% , that would mean if 100,000 were sold 10,000 have fallen out of the sky.
While some have had genuine problems the vast majority have not had problems with falling out of the sky.
2017-8-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Y2JDMBFAN Posted at 2017-8-10 13:52
Anyone know how the Mavic Pro compares?

They are two completely different AC, if its value for money Mavic probably gives you that, it's also 10 months old so you could say it's an AC that is for the most settled down and is becoming more reliable all the time, it's great value for the money and not much out there to compare with.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-10 06:35
Hi Natalia, I read many of your forum and under you all problems are solve clear cut. This is my problem. My spark fell like a dead body and the technician after checking the log and the data agreed its the spark error not human. its like power shut off. it was only at about 33 meters and 16 meter distance.
after sendibg the data and the logs..DJI instead replacing a new one. They ask the shop to send it for repair. This is bad idea since the drone was in the fountain..deep fountain for 3 days. only then i managed to fish it out by the help of the fountain cleaner who came to clean after 3 days. that fountain are prohibited to swim even. Now. after checking, it look the whole hardware was so badly damaged by the cold water in santiago, Chile,
Can you please help me.. advice me..what you think. DJI still going to repair or replace. I am worried if thier trying to repair to cut cost. Bad idea. It is under waranty . Thanks.

Alex en qué tienda compraste el drone?.
2017-8-10
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6407 ft
Mexico

Hi, I am very worried about the matter of my drone that turned off in flight in the sky and fell very high and became unusable. My case number is CAS-881899-B4C5S1. DJI launches a statement on 07/25/2017 saying this: "DJI is aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer's case and working urgently. DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption".
They are aware of the problem and are not giving solution to any of them, I am really nervous because the cost of my Spark in Mexico was almost 1000 dollars with Fly More Combo that is equal to $ 17,699 Mexican pesos and I´m scared that DJI respond to me with the same answer "Sorry for your loss" "he subsequent flight situation was unknown , Which could not determine the cause of the accident". can not determine the cause of the accident is a shame. I have the record of my flight and it is clearly observed that at 91 meters the drone turned off, lost connections and fell from sky...
As you see, I´m from Mexico, Today I sent my Spark to DJI Offices in U.S.A. I will wait his answer but reading here i can suppose or can guess what the answer will be...
Any help, someone has validate the warranty?
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-8-9 03:59
Dear Diana, please take my apologize I came to learn that this s*** retail shop gave me some internal case number and as it looks they haven't even sent it to DJI , you can not imagine how pi*** I am. One thing is for sure I will never ever buy anything there ..the shop is Conrad Electronic Switzerland .. I see your willingness to dive into the issue and to help me and am very grateful, I regret so much that I thought the broken Spark had to be handled by the warranty of the shop and second that I wasn't aware of DJI refresh .. I will let you know once I get hold of the DJI case number

Sorry to read on it, I understand how you feel, feel free to contact us if you got a case number from DJI, we are willing to help.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PaTaRnAk Posted at 2017-8-9 03:51
My case number is CAS-827179-T7V8Z0. Thank you!

Just checked it, I've escalated this case, what I wanna double confirm is, were you recording video at that moment?If yes, could you please double check if you are able to find the cached video.
2017-8-11
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-8-10 15:47
Alex en qué tienda compraste el drone?.

Dronestore in Chile but they are the best and helping so fast and so perfectly my case.  But Its the DJI that making the delays.
2017-8-11
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-10 15:15
I think your exaggerating this a bit , it's no where near 10% , that would mean if 100,000 were sold 10,000 have fallen out of the sky.
While some have had genuine problems the vast majority have not had problems with falling out of the sky.

No No.. i was telling just as an example. out of million copies at least 100 or even 1000 may go wrong. Dont take so serious. just exampels. ha ha ha.
2017-8-11
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-10 23:01
Hi, I am very worried about the matter of my drone that turned off in flight in the sky and fell very high and became unusable. My case number is CAS-881899-B4C5S1. DJI launches a statement on 07/25/2017 saying this: "DJI is aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer's case and working urgently. DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption".
They are aware of the problem and are not giving solution to any of them, I am really nervous because the cost of my Spark in Mexico was almost 1000 dollars with Fly More Combo that is equal to $ 17,699 Mexican pesos and I´m scared that DJI respond to me with the same answer "Sorry for your loss" "he subsequent flight situation was unknown , Which could not determine the cause of the accident". can not determine the cause of the accident is a shame. I have the record of my flight and it is clearly observed that at 91 meters the drone turned off, lost connections and fell from sky...
As you see, I´m from Mexico, Today I sent my Spark to DJI Offices in U.S.A. I will wait his answer but reading here i can suppose or can guess what the answer will be...

I am from Chile, My spark too diead on mid air. The power shut off. After checking.. its the spark error not human. The technician after checking the video and log and data. agreed. we sent to DJI and they responded and willing to repair it for free.  since its under warranty. they will.
Spark has many issues. DJI know that i am sure. I am sure if your under warranty and spark lost power like my case. DJI will surely repair for free. That is what i heard and i got the news for my case. But if the damage is severe and unrepairable surely they have to replace a new one. So far, i dont hear that DJI replaced a new one but only repair. Hope you will get good news.
2017-8-11
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

My drone gets back here monday.  I plan to have it just hover a few feet off the ground for a couple batteries.  Then just work on some of the photo skills.  I don't know that I will trust a far away flight for a long time.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-11 00:57
Just checked it, I've escalated this case, what I wanna double confirm is, were you recording video at that moment?If yes, could you please double check if you are able to find the cached video.

sorry it was a problem about my english, is not a video, it is flight record.. i dont have a video
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-11 04:36
I am from Chile, My spark too diead on mid air. The power shut off. After checking.. its the spark error not human. The technician after checking the video and log and data. agreed. we sent to DJI and they responded and willing to repair it for free.  since its under warranty. they will.
Spark has many issues. DJI know that i am sure. I am sure if your under warranty and spark lost power like my case. DJI will surely repair for free. That is what i heard and i got the news for my case. But if the damage is severe and unrepairable surely they have to replace a new one. So far, i dont hear that DJI replaced a new one but only repair. Hope you will get good news.

you had a video when Spark was falling? I don´t
2017-8-11
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 07:29
you had a video when Spark was falling? I don´t

Have you seen this video - I'll stick with my mavic i think
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Deggers Posted at 2017-8-11 14:24
Mavic fall

Have you seen this video - I'll stick with my mavic i think

Wow, this exactly happened to me but 50 times higher... Yes stick with your Mavic, DJI needs to solve this big issue.
2017-8-11
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 14:52
Wow, this exactly happened to me but 50 times higher... Yes stick with your Mavic, DJI needs to solve this big issue.

Quite amusing how it hits the ground then announces the home point has been updated.
2017-8-11
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

I saw that he got 3rd party accessories on Spark.could that overload or obstruct the motors somehow?
I meant,can anyone contact him and ask for a flight long?
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Deggers Posted at 2017-8-11 15:14
Quite amusing how it hits the ground then announces the home point has been updated.

Well it shows he had good gps.....
2017-8-11
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
United States

No phuong do i don't think the aftermarket prop protectors did anything to overload it there is something wrong with the spark. Plus he has said he'd flown with them a couple times and no problems
2017-8-11
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
United States

I am definitely not ken rick wth! Is wrong with this website. Its like im using someone elses acct!
2017-8-11
Use props
kabekid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128002 ft
United States

well, they got back to me, told me they would repair it for 218 bucks, or i could use care refresh and get it replaced.
no explanation, nothing.

how disappointing. i did everything, sent in flight logs, black box info, and all. i looked at the video that was recording when it fell, and the video just abruptly stopped. its like my spark turned off.

CAS-857495-R3Y7K1
CAS-857735-Q2M5T7

what kind of customer service is this? i did my part and only expect them to do theirs and help me with a drone i already paid for, why should i have to pay even more to fix something that i wasn't even responsible for?
2017-8-11
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

a new Day began and another Spark fell from the Sky..Link below.

https://sparkpilots.zone/threads/spark-just-fell-off-the-sky.1672/

2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

There are many cases.
2017-8-11
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

For those who think Mavic is better,please see this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-89401-1-1.html
2017-8-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

@verge.com "spark falling from sky"." No new software without a few bugs" a new drone falling from the sky is a pretty big bug, I would say. While @ verge.com they are like"meh"
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 07:21
sorry it was a problem about my english, is not a video, it is flight record.. i dont have a video

Just to verify, is your case number CAS-881899-B4C5S1? I've checked this case, the drone has not been received by the repair center, and I didn't see the tracking number. Since you've mentioned the drone has been sent in, could you please provide me your tracking number and the name of courier company?
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

kabekid Posted at 2017-8-11 19:47
well, they got back to me, told me they would repair it for 218 bucks, or i could use care refresh and get it replaced.
no explanation, nothing.

We've replied your thread already, we've checked the case status, as the drone has been found, so our colleagues advised you to create a repair case and sent it in. However, in the repair case, the data analysis was not ticked by your end, so it was considered as paid repair by default.  
Now, we have forwarded your request to the designated department for analysis, and our colleagues will contact you soon.
2017-8-12
Use props
PaTaRnAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83383 ft
Canada

Well, it looks like I am the first one here that had that "falling from the sky" issue coupled with the “lost in water, cannot recover” problem that got a 100% warranty replacement. I just got an email from DJI saying that they will replace it. I still cannot believe it! There is now hope for all those who did not recover their drone!
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules