Spark falling out of sky
49217 581 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

For those who think Mavic is better,please see this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-89401-1-1.html
2017-8-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

@verge.com "spark falling from sky"." No new software without a few bugs" a new drone falling from the sky is a pretty big bug, I would say. While @ verge.com they are like"meh"
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 07:21
sorry it was a problem about my english, is not a video, it is flight record.. i dont have a video

Just to verify, is your case number CAS-881899-B4C5S1? I've checked this case, the drone has not been received by the repair center, and I didn't see the tracking number. Since you've mentioned the drone has been sent in, could you please provide me your tracking number and the name of courier company?
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

kabekid Posted at 2017-8-11 19:47
well, they got back to me, told me they would repair it for 218 bucks, or i could use care refresh and get it replaced.
no explanation, nothing.

We've replied your thread already, we've checked the case status, as the drone has been found, so our colleagues advised you to create a repair case and sent it in. However, in the repair case, the data analysis was not ticked by your end, so it was considered as paid repair by default.  
Now, we have forwarded your request to the designated department for analysis, and our colleagues will contact you soon.
2017-8-12
Use props
PaTaRnAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83383 ft
Canada

Well, it looks like I am the first one here that had that "falling from the sky" issue coupled with the “lost in water, cannot recover” problem that got a 100% warranty replacement. I just got an email from DJI saying that they will replace it. I still cannot believe it! There is now hope for all those who did not recover their drone!
2017-8-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaTaRnAk Posted at 2017-8-13 13:00
Well, it looks like I am the first one here that had that "falling from the sky" issue coupled with the “lost in water, cannot recover” problem that got a 100% warranty replacement. I just got an email from DJI saying that they will replace it. I still cannot believe it! There is now hope for all those who did not recover their drone!

Good news!  Hopefully some of the others have the same outcome.
2017-8-13
Use props
HC_Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6407 ft
Mexico

Really good news.. Now I have hope to recover my spark that fell from sky.
2017-8-13
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's great, nut everyone should be cautious,  your logs may have revealed something not present in the logs of others.
2017-8-13
Use props
PaTaRnAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83383 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-13 15:44
That's great, nut everyone should be cautious,  your logs may have revealed something not present in the logs of others.

Yes but the flight log of the incident ends suddenly without any abnormality... However, I saw some "GPS Position NoMatch" in several logs that same day, even if I always had more than 15 satellites locked. I did bring that to DJI's tech support attention.. Maybe it played a role.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-10 06:35
Hi Natalia, I read many of your forum and under you all problems are solve clear cut. This is my problem. My spark fell like a dead body and the technician after checking the log and the data agreed its the spark error not human. its like power shut off. it was only at about 33 meters and 16 meter distance.
after sendibg the data and the logs..DJI instead replacing a new one. They ask the shop to send it for repair. This is bad idea since the drone was in the fountain..deep fountain for 3 days. only then i managed to fish it out by the help of the fountain cleaner who came to clean after 3 days. that fountain are prohibited to swim even. Now. after checking, it look the whole hardware was so badly damaged by the cold water in santiago, Chile,
Can you please help me.. advice me..what you think. DJI still going to repair or replace. I am worried if thier trying to repair to cut cost. Bad idea. It is under waranty . Thanks.

I am really sorry to hear about your experience, according to your description, the drone was not able to be repaired since it's water damaged.
Would you please provide me your case number so I can check the status and try my best to help you out?
2017-8-13
Use props
DMY
lvl.2
Philippines

Deggers Posted at 2017-8-11 14:24
Mavic fall

Have you seen this video - I'll stick with my mavic i think

I saw a You Tube video once of a Spark user saying that you should not "hold" the drone but just let sit on your palm when launching, otherwise it may not take off properly or not have enough power to rise up. I also noticed that the Spark had its lights blinking, thus it did not really switch off and dropped without power (unlike the other reports).
2017-8-13
Use props
SasaGazikalovic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151175 ft
Liechtenstein

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-11 00:56
Sorry to read on it, I understand how you feel, feel free to contact us if you got a case number from DJI, we are willing to help.

Hi Diana
Thank you for your consideration and your very supportive kind!
Yeah, this shop has disappointed me totally, it's but last Friday they sent me information-for-data-analysis excel sheet to fill out and who knows when the spark will arrive at europe service center... but you know what I bought the Mavic Pro in the meantime and will get it by tomorrow.. btw I didn't bought it at that shop for sure :-)
kind regards
Sasa
2017-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PaTaRnAk Posted at 2017-8-13 16:04
Yes but the flight log of the incident ends suddenly without any abnormality... However, I saw some "GPS Position NoMatch" in several logs that same day, even if I always had more than 15 satellites locked. I did bring that to DJI's tech support attention.. Maybe it played a role.

GPS no match is an over sensitive warning with so far no explanation from anyone including dji as to what it is and what the warnings mean. i regularly get these warnings more often when using sport mode but no effect on the AC.

BTW well done on getting your warranty, i would like to know why you received it over others in similar situations, but I'm fairly sure it was because dji could tell that it was genuine malfunction, As long as I've been around here dji have always awarded warranty if malfunction could be proved and would think this was the case with your loss.
regardless of what some might think if it can be proved through your log that you or anyone else had a malfunction dji have always been fair.
2017-8-14
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

Wow thats some really good news for a change. I'm hoping to get similar news today.
2017-8-14
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

DMY Posted at 2017-8-13 23:10
I saw a You Tube video once of a Spark user saying that you should not "hold" the drone but just let sit on your palm when launching, otherwise it may not take off properly or not have enough power to rise up. I also noticed that the Spark had its lights blinking, thus it did not really switch off and dropped without power (unlike the other reports).

here ya go then clever clogs lol -- another one haha

2017-8-14
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

Got my Spark back today.  Even though the notes say they just replaced the gimble, its a whole new spark, all the part numbers, serial, wifi hare different.  Not that I am complaining, it flys great.  However I think this proves that there is an error in some of the drones.
2017-8-14
Use props
kabekid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128002 ft
United States

got a call and email today, mine is covered under warranty.

2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-8-14 03:23
Hi Diana
Thank you for your consideration and your very supportive kind!
Yeah, this shop has disappointed me totally, it's but last Friday they sent me information-for-data-analysis excel sheet to fill out and who knows when the spark will arrive at europe service center... but you know what I bought the Mavic Pro in the meantime and will get it by tomorrow.. btw I didn't bought it at that shop for sure :-)

You are welcome, please reply them with the info requested, I hope it can be sorted out shortly. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to let us know, and hope you can enjoy the new Mavic, happy flying!
2017-8-14
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

kabekid Posted at 2017-8-14 15:50
got a call and email today, mine is covered under warranty.

Did you lose your drone in water?
2017-8-15
Use props
okstuv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue and result for me, btw. Hovering 70ft above a soccer field, 12+ satellites, 75%+ battery, no wind, not touching the sticks and it turns off. Bounces off the turf twice. When I went to recover it the battery was off. It had sustained some decent damage to shell, one arm, one motor and the camera started whining. Submitted it to DJI for repair and described the situation.

Covered under warranty. Total turn around less than 2 weeks with little hassle.

Hope everyone else has similar luck submitting theirs for repair. Just wish I knew what causes this. I won't fly the Spark too far until the root cause is figured out/fixed...
2017-8-15
Use props
GSA_Spark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26312 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-8-13 13:07
Good news!  Hopefully some of the others have the same outcome.

That's good news indeed. I have a case open with DJI for exactly the same issue
2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 07:29
you had a video when Spark was falling? I don´t

I have only during the fly and all of sudden the video footage stopped. Its like all of sudden the computer hangs.  since the battery or the power shut off automatically. so do the footage. so i dont have when its falling but only the hang footage. no point of that.
2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-13 18:15
I am really sorry to hear about your experience, according to your description, the drone was not able to be repaired since it's water damaged.
Would you please provide me your case number so I can check the status and try my best to help you out?

wooooow. Thanks a lot Natalia. You are great but DJI asked to send the drone. I will ask the shop today the number and if they have sent or not. Thanks alot.
2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

I think in few days time i will publish the video and the story in youtube. i will attach the link and after watching you will understand what happen and how we get back the spark. very nice story as i video during the person retriving the spark from the fountain. hummmm. than you will see what happened.
2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

I think i will edit and publish the video and the spark rescue story in youtube. so you all can watch and laugh.
2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Dear Natalia, I already published my spark story falling into the fountain. Hope if you have time you will watch. Thanks. soon i will send the case number. thanks alot
2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

2017-8-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

I just published. hope you will watch.
2017-8-16
Use props
alan1206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119934 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

if DJI dont take serious on all this spark issue. it maybe lawsuit settlement going soon.
2017-8-16
Use props
SasaGazikalovic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151175 ft
Liechtenstein

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 23:14
You are welcome, please reply them with the info requested, I hope it can be sorted out shortly. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to let us know, and hope you can enjoy the new Mavic, happy flying!

Hi Diana,
Yesterday I activated my Mavic Pro and due experience with the crash of Spark I decided from the beginning that I will purchase a DJI refresh. Unfortunately DJI does not offer the possibility to buy a DJI refrersh in Switzerland , I am pretty disappointed .. what is the reason that I can buy a DJI mavic Pro for 1300 Euro but can't buy a DJi refresh package here in Switerland?
2017-8-16
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-11 04:27
Dronestore in Chile but they are the best and helping so fast and so perfectly my case.  But Its the DJI that making the delays.

Yo también compré en dronestore. Eso quiere decir que te están respondiendo?. Dices que lo van a reparar, luego de caer al agua eso tiene reparación?. Únete al grupo de facebok dii spark chile si puedes. Saludos.
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-8-17 06:55
Yo también compré en dronestore. Eso quiere decir que te están respondiendo?. Dices que lo van a reparar, luego de caer al agua eso tiene reparación?. Únete al grupo de facebok dii spark chile si puedes. Saludos.

Drone Store responde tan bien. Están luchando por mí. Son gente estupenda. Es el DJI que pide demasiado. Ahora tenemos que enviar el zumbido a China. Actualizaré lo que pasó pronto.
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Dear Natalia, This is my case number. CAS-826707-Y5N3C4.  From santiago, Chile. DJI asking to send the drone for repair. I think DJI better inform the Dronestore.cl in Chile to replace me. Its still under warranty and it was in the cold fountain for 3 days. I am sure the drone cant be repairable. I have mavic pro and phantom 3 advance. I trust DJI but I hope you will really help me. I hope DJI will tell dronestore to replace me the drone instead of sending the damaged drone and i will take months from now. Thanks you very much.
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

schmots1 Posted at 2017-8-14 15:35
Got my Spark back today.  Even though the notes say they just replaced the gimble, its a whole new spark, all the part numbers, serial, wifi hare different.  Not that I am complaining, it flys great.  However I think this proves that there is an error in some of the drones.

I am so happy for you. Mine fell into a cold fountain. Power shut off. after 3 days i managed to retrieve. DJI asking the drone for repair. I cant pay for the shipping. Its DJI since its not human error. But anyway i hope dji will replace not repair. i m happy for you.
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

schmots1 Posted at 2017-8-14 15:35

How long the whole process took. i mean from the day you sent till you receive at your door. Thanks
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

okstuv Posted at 2017-8-15 20:47
Same issue and result for me, btw. Hovering 70ft above a soccer field, 12+ satellites, 75%+ battery, no wind, not touching the sticks and it turns off. Bounces off the turf twice. When I went to recover it the battery was off. It had sustained some decent damage to shell, one arm, one motor and the camera started whining. Submitted it to DJI for repair and described the situation.

Covered under warranty. Total turn around less than 2 weeks with little hassle.

Me too. after my spark fell like a dead body..power shut off. even my mavic pro i m having doubts. too afraid to fly far. Bad luck may hit again. i was shocked about spark. I have uploaded my clip in youtube. it was my sad day. hummm. DJI asking the drone to be sent. who will have to cover the shipping. come on. DJI should. not us. since there are more than 20 cases spark dead in mid air. humm. thanks
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

GSA_Spark Posted at 2017-8-16 12:18
That's good news indeed. I have a case open with DJI for exactly the same issue

Spark has many issue. hummmmm
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

alan1206 Posted at 2017-8-16 17:31
if DJI dont take serious on all this spark issue. it maybe lawsuit settlement going soon.

I am sure. imagine spark fell on someone car, head and he fell on the road shockingly.. the car passing and hit him and that guy died. who should take the blame. it can happen in a park or anywhere.
flying object cannot shut off its power automatically. that is crazy.
2017-8-17
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-8-16 23:03
Hi Diana,
Yesterday I activated my Mavic Pro and due experience with the crash of Spark I decided from the beginning that I will purchase a DJI refresh. Unfortunately DJI does not offer the possibility to buy a DJI refrersh in Switzerland , I am pretty disappointed .. what is the reason that I can buy a DJI mavic Pro for 1300 Euro but can't buy a DJi refresh package here in Switerland?

i have mavic pro and phantom 3 advance. after my spark incident. i dare not to play like those days. very scary. i hope DJI will solve this problems soon. as soon many issue with drones and the government going to ban drones all in one day.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules