Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

2018-6-22
Use props
AlexNo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2346 ft
United States

Got the reply from DJI "Your request regarding the damage analysis dispute has been forwarded already to our Service Department who does the process. You may be unable to check it on our website but we can assure you that it is already in our system.  We assure you that your repair case has not gone unnoticed. Please check your email inbox, spam and junk folder for an update."

Will see what happens
2018-6-23
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

marlowe Posted at 2018-6-22 22:13
There are huge hi-tension power line towers just east of the pond (at least as shown on Google maps-see next post below). I have been to this area. It is not advisable to fly there.

Ahhh - you are right - I did not notice that.

In this case it could explain loss of WiFi signal from such a short distance to Spark. Yes - flying in this environment, especially without Remote Controller (which has longer signal range than mobile) is begging for trouble.

However, outside of loss of signal, there is nothing in the logs which can be attributed to high power lines. No magnetic interference, no yaw errors. The problems which caused crash may ultimately be related to disagreement between and false readings of altimeters - barometric and VPS - both of which are not susceptible to power lines interference.

Of course DJI may say -" you could have had control over aircraft if not for interference from power lines. You could have saved it if not for interference".

To which I would reply: "I wouldn't have to save it if altimeters worked properly".

Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed ;-)

2018-6-23
Use props
AlexNo
lvl.2
United States

Got finally reply today from DJI

"Good day! I hope you're doing fine.

On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. This has been very frustrating to me as I am assigned to accomplish whatever issue that you are having but I already exhausted all the resources to meet what we are asking for but the decision is logical and it has been the feedback of the Repair Team who analyzes the records. I have been very eager to push for a favorable resolution but the data that they have says it all. I am writing this email to finalize this issue that we cannot accommodate your request due to fault on you behalf. The conclusion of the data analysis was Improper RTH Command / Hazardous Flight Environment / No Malfunction Found. What I saw was you triggered the RTH via application when the drone was just 12 meters away from home location and it is quite a minimal distance and that is an improper use of the RTH feature.

I know this is very inconvenient for you, but the decision is final. We will still be extending our help regarding this, we can offer a 15% discount for the repair cost if you want to continue with the repair.

"
2018-7-31
Use props
AlexNo
lvl.2
United States

So basically, seems like they didn't even looked on messed altitude sensors and didn't answer why it felt and not landed. Took DJI two month to come up with the same answer and no explanation
2018-7-31
Use props
AlexNo
lvl.2
United States

Also want to mention, I have not heard from them for long time, so on July 27th (Friday) night wrote an email asking for updates. So got phone yesterday (July 30th Monday) from DJI asking few questions what happened and today in the morning got the reply (same as first time) so I suspect they just didn't look on VPS and barometric altimeter data (or done any extra analysis besides first one) and didn't explain why it crashed and not landed. Interesting behavior from them.Now I started to think that it is good it felt and crashed and didnt hit someone's head...
2018-7-31
Use props
AlexNo
lvl.2
United States

Got new response from DJI, stating there no disagreement in altimeter data! Clearly they didn't do they research and didnt do second analysis. All responces from DJI team are illogical. I asked why drone crashed into ground under RTH multiple times and got no answer.

"Good day.

It is not the disagreement between the two altimeters, it will sustain its current altitude and will detect the current landscape where the drone at. Always remember that under RTH, you are not suppose to move anything from the Remote Controller and aircraft cause it will surely cancel it's operation.

I do apologize Alex but the decision has been final. My team and I considered your side but it won't satisfy the claim and we only based the decision on the data that we have and the information that you have provided.

Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Charles"
2018-8-26
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

AlexNo,

Sorry to hear that, This altimeter disagreement was a long shot to start with. While it did happen and DJI is wrong here, the most likely cause of your Spark going down was VPS sensor which was fooled by the reflections in the water. I did explain it in my several original posts. DJI is right that RTH was used improperly and they may rightly concluded that Spark landed in water because VPS sensor did not sense it properly as they describe in the manual. So they have a point here. But altimeter data is suspicious. Not big probability that this is what ultimately caused crash though.

You had a good fight with DJI though - good for you.

Mirek
2018-8-27
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4678 ft
United Kingdom

Guys mine flew away as well dji told me it responded well on the controls i saw the flight records too i doesnt seem to have anything wrong but im sure it didnt respond
Well it is unsafe and not worth the 500£ cuz it can just fly away anytime
2018-8-28
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

CosminSS Posted at 2017-7-6 07:52
@blackforce
Is a disaster...i was really excited yesterday when he arrived....
And today....

The main issue is with ios users. Also linking with internet creates additional flyaway options.
2018-8-28
Use props
AlexNo
lvl.2
United States

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-8-27 11:56
AlexNo,

Sorry to hear that, This altimeter disagreement was a long shot to start with. While it did happen and DJI is wrong here, the most likely cause of your Spark going down was VPS sensor which was fooled by the reflections in the water. I did explain it in my several original posts. DJI is right that RTH was used improperly and they may rightly concluded that Spark landed in water because VPS sensor did not sense it properly as they describe in the manual. So they have a point here. But altimeter data is suspicious. Not big probability that this is what ultimately caused crash though.

The problem I have with DJI is that they don’t answer questions regarding what happened. Their answer didn’t change since the first one saying under RTH mode it crashed (hitting something). They didn’t even mention that flying over water caused it. For me seems like they didn’t do second analysis: after I appealed to their first decision, I was waiting over month for reply, then I email them what’s going on and very next day they call me and have second answer (same as the first one)
2018-8-28
Use props
Habil Hadi Kusumo
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hello,
How lucky I am. After fully charge, I remembered the battery still around 70%, flight around 80-100m altitude height. Nice capturing and video recording, suddenly when flew over the lake, on RTH mode, in front of my eyes, what tha...  ? Suddenly Disconnect and falling goes through the lake.
I purchased around Nov 20th 2018. Updated firmware. The spark rest not in peace today dec 15th 2018.
- can i get warranty replacement unit?
- does this also happened to mavic, phantom or other dji drone?
2018-12-15
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Habil Hadi Kusumo Posted at 12-15 03:34
Hello,
How lucky I am. After fully charge, I remembered the battery still around 70%, flight around 80-100m altitude height. Nice capturing and video recording, suddenly when flew over the lake, on RTH mode, in front of my eyes, what tha...  ? Suddenly Disconnect and falling goes through the lake.
I purchased around Nov 20th 2018. Updated firmware. The spark rest not in peace today dec 15th 2018.

How far away were you when the RTH started?
2018-12-15
Use props
Habil Hadi Kusumo
lvl.1

Indonesia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 12-15 12:24
How far away were you when the RTH started?

Around 80-100 meters
2018-12-16
Use props
Ricky3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32411 ft
Netherlands

Hey,

I'm devastated. This December, I bought a spark for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. We have flown it about 2 hours in total now. Today, we went to a forest and started flying a bit and out of nowhere, the drone fell from the sky. It was flying at 61 meters and I had 81% battery left. The worst thing is that the drone was flying above a lake and is now resting at the bottom of the lake.

Out of nowhere, it just fell out of the sky, it must have been a malfunction of some sort. I'm devastated about it and have already opened a support ticket (1944268). Could anyone maybe check my logs to see if something weird that happened? You can find my log here. drive.google.com/open?id=1HL7vFx7wzgobcUdV89LTG-D7v6-jAqIm

I also have a cached video of the flight.
2019-1-19
Use props
Ricky3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32411 ft
Netherlands

Ricky3 Posted at 1-19 13:30
Hey,

I'm devastated. This December, I bought a spark for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. We have flown it about 2 hours in total now. Today, we went to a forest and started flying a bit and out of nowhere, the drone fell from the sky. It was flying at 61 meters and I had 81% battery left. The worst thing is that the drone was flying above a lake and is now resting at the bottom of the lake.

Here is the log phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LF6KH9E6GRZAGYYW1ONO/
2019-1-19
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

heres one thing i can tell you of what you are telling us that the active track was not functioning but were you moving around with active track? because the only way that could happen is that an people or an object of some sort could be blocking the spark active track but in the other hand that your drone fell at 54 percent battery, its very odd but was it really windy or and branches or did you install the latest dji app software?
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules