Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tripod Clamp for Inspire 2 X5S
15241 37 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I need one of these or similar please.  I am wanting to use the whole Inspire 2 with X5S camera as a tripod-mounted ground camera, and am looking for the clamp to put my own tripod quick release block onto. Does anyone sell or make them on here please?

Here's an example of what I mean...

Many thanks,
Jon.

2017-7-4
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-4 12:29
I will make some.
I have some improvements in mind and will begin on a few prototypes immediately.
Should have some in a few days.

Thanks, do you have a cost in mind please? I'm sure these ar egoing to be popular.
2017-7-5
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The camera gimbal will just start drifting on it's own until DJI fix it.
I did this for a car mount and it was useless due to camera drift..
IMG_5590.jpg
2017-7-6
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

hmmmm...interesting concept...BUT....
As anyone experienced in control theory will tell you, the damping factors and servo gains used in any inertia tied system are proportional to the natural frequencies of the stabilized mount. I would have serious reservations drawing any kind of correlation of air vehicle natural frequencies to road vehicle natural frequencies. DJI would need to make the motor gains and damping factors tuneable for your road mounted application. I doubt this is something they will agree to "fix". Air vehicle disturbances probably fall in a pretty narrow bandwidth correlated to propeller frequency. Automotive road disturbances run a very broad bandwidth and amplitude. The power function coming from an automotive application also way exceeds the power function of the air vehicle. IOW, I'm not surprised the gimbal drifts. It probably doesn't have the power, nor the response time, necessary to keep up with the motion. In fact, prolonged use may burn out the servo motors.
2017-7-6
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dude enough with the blah blah blah tech babble, DJI mounted the inspire on a car do do their Inspire 2 demo film.

In fact the gimbal drifts on its own placed on the ground or in the air.... Fix it
2017-7-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Prototype finished.
See: https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... or-inspire-2.17133/
x2a.jpg
x3a.jpg
2017-7-6
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Count me in I'll have one please. Would you like to email me at info@keylightphotography.co.uk and we can take it from there? Cheers
2017-7-7
Use props
aihome
lvl.1
United States

Do you have these ready to ship? or build per order? Also curious why felt as opposed to rubber? Thanks looks great!
2017-7-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

aihome Posted at 2017-7-8 08:14
Do you have these ready to ship? or build per order? Also curious why felt as opposed to rubber? Thanks looks great!

Thanks! I have enjoyed woodworking all of my life.
I think the felt finished out better. smoother cut edges. Gentler on the bird too. (Maybe)
I have 3 ready to go.
Working on a second batch made of Oak.
Those will cost a little more. I also have found stainless steel Tee-nuts, so now ALL of the hardware is 100% marine grade stainless steel.
You also have a choice of Beige or Brown felt.
P1080343.JPG
P1080344.jpg
2017-7-8
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Awesome!  I'd love to get one too.  Please PM me.

Thanks,

DRC
2017-7-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Swarm Posted at 2017-7-8 17:42
Awesome!  I'd love to get one too.  Please PM me.

Thanks,

I sent you a PM
2017-7-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here's one with Beige Felt

z20.jpg
2017-7-9
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That is a nice setup now that the inspire 2 is no better than a inexpensive camera in need of a trip-pod mount.
2017-7-9
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-9 21:44
That is a nice setup now that the inspire 2 is no better than a inexpensive camera in need of a trip-pod mount.

That's not the idea.  What is the idea is, there are lots of instances where the X5S and Olympus 45mm 1.8 are perfect for non-flight situations.  Even Hollywood are using these handheld as well as flying.  It's that good. Seriously. Get Apple Pro Res and an SSD and you're set.  Plus, when it's grounded and filming, the batteries last an eternity.
2017-7-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oak model done now.
Prices dropping too!
Poplar with Beige or Brown Felt $70 USD
Oak with Beige or Brown Felt $80 USD
Next up: African Padauk
P1080356.JPG
P1080358.JPG
2017-7-10
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've ordered mine from Douglas at Aeromirage - with brown felt .  The darker the better to keep things clean of muck.  Not that I throw my gear around. Doug says I should have it in about 8 days.  And once it comes, I'll do a little review video and hopefully get him some more UK business. Can't wait.  So many X5S projects to come! Not all in the sky.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans4697a0c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427 ft
United States

Great thinking!  I'll be doing it too.  Any thoughts on getting the XT Thermal camera to work on the I2 let me know.  Keep thinking outside the box!
2017-7-12
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot Aeromirage!  It arrived today and it's also my Birthday today too.  The bracket is 100% perfect.  Thanks a lot

My Inspire 2 Tripod Mount
2017-7-20
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon Dow Posted at 2017-7-20 12:40
Thanks a lot Aeromirage!  It arrived today and it's also my Birthday today too.  The bracket is 100% perfect.  Thanks a lot

Glad it arrived in a timely manner. Also glad to hear that you like it.
May I quote you? (Anonymously, of course.)
2017-7-20
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-20 13:22

You can quote me as a professional if you like. I'll do a little video of it in a few days. It's bang on.
2017-7-20
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon Dow Posted at 2017-7-20 14:22
You can quote me as a professional if you like. I'll do a little video of it in a few days. It's bang on.

Thanks. Looking forward to the vid.

Happy Birthday!!
2017-7-20
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-20 15:03
Thanks. Looking forward to the vid.

Happy Birthday!!

Thanks man, I posted a photo of it on Facebook and someone called Brian McManus is also after the same. I've asked him to contact you on here
2017-7-21
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon Dow Posted at 2017-7-21 12:40
Thanks man, I posted a photo of it on Facebook and someone called Brian McManus is also after the same. I've asked him to contact you on here

I saw the FB picture. You may want to move the mount back if the camera hits it.
I designed it to be even with the rear of the batteries. Entirely up to you, just a suggestion.
(Sorry about the blurry picture.... camera was handheld because tripod was busy!!)

I have 10 completed with another 8 in the works.
Purpleheart and Bubinga will be the newest wood species.
zzzz.jpg
2017-7-21
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2 More varieties of Hardwood added. Purple heart and Bubinga.
5types2.jpg
2017-7-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon, Have you had a chance to do that video yet?

Now available in Satin Black enameled finish:
z20.jpg
z21.jpg
2017-8-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

This is a pretty cool idea!

I have a lot of woodworking tools like jigsaws, drill press, and a table sander so I made my own copy out of poplar from Home Depot.  It is well balanced on the tripod the way he configured it and I was fearful it might tip, but the CG is good so even if I loosen the tripod head it doesn't tip over too fast.  I couldn't find the short rubber strap (8-9") and have left it off as it is snug on mine, and I may use a Velcro strap later on.  I used heavy-weight fleece for the padding.  It might be possible to fly out of it too, dunno.

Given it took me all day to make it with the three coats of polyurethane and gluing down the fleece, it isn't a bad deal at all.

2017-8-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

American Walnut added to the line.
z3.jpg
z2.jpg
z1.jpg
2017-8-12
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Now making a basic version.
This has a single 1/4-20 insert to mount to standard tripod.
Built of Poplar and painted Gloss Black.
$75 plus shipping.
zz5.jpg
zz1.jpg
zz2.jpg
2017-9-25
Use props
Marcus Ross
New

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-6 14:31
Dude enough with the blah blah blah tech babble, DJI mounted the inspire on a car do do their Inspire 2 demo film.

In fact the gimbal drifts on its own placed on the ground or in the air.... Fix it

I’m interested in buying this drone and was curious about that gimbal you guys are discussing about .... I would really like to use it as a tripod camera and was wondering would that Gimbal be a problem When panning  and tilting the tripod For the price and all of the lenses you really can’t beat that deal of having a 4K drone that you can also use as a tripod camera as well. So my question to you is it worthy of being a tripod camera efficiently thanks for any info for it will help me make my decision
2018-8-1
Use props
OmarKapp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309341 ft
  • >>>
Italy

If anyone interest I did a small production ....
More information here: http://www.houseofglam.it/inspire_tripod_en.asp
2019-4-8
Use props
DougieFresh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 705003 ft
  • >>>

Good to see my home made Inspire 2 mounted started a revolution. We now use this mounted to our Filming cars a landcover 3 and land rover 4 and with their air suspension and these camera gimbals we have shot some amazing footage.
2019-10-1
Use props
DougieFresh
lvl.1
  • >>>

Good to see my home made Inspire 2 mounted started a revolution. We now use this mounted to our Filming cars a landcover 3 and land rover 4 and with their air suspension and these camera gimbals we have shot some amazing footage.
2019-10-1
Use props
DougieFresh
lvl.1
  • >>>

2019-10-1
Use props
DougieFresh
lvl.1
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-21 13:53
I saw the FB picture. You may want to move the mount back if the camera hits it.
I designed it to be even with the rear of the batteries. Entirely up to you, just a suggestion.
(Sorry about the blurry picture.... camera was handheld because tripod was busy!!)

I should have patented the design with my original I2 tripod holder LOL . Mine is the one at the start of the thread by skybiz at the top. I now use this mounted to a vehicle with teh legs up and with ssubject tracking its off the chart. Good luck .
2019-10-1
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Do you have any pictures of it car mounted?
2019-10-30
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

OmarKapp Posted at 4-8 08:00
If anyone interest I did a small production ....
More information here: http://www.houseofglam.it/inspire_tripod_en.asp
[view_image]

How much does it cost?
2019-11-5
Use props
fans12f550f8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi could I have a quote please for the Inspire 2 Tripod Bracket?

Many thanks,

Craig.
2021-4-6
Use props
fans118d7fa2
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-20 13:22

Interested in I2/X7 tripod mount in black.  Can you contact me?
2022-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules