5592 126 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 05:16
when you will stop acting like a first grader...

i think you are a troll.
you didnt do anything to help with the situation. nor did DJI. i had the right cable. servers still offline. i even post videos how i tried to push the update button but all i got was NETWORK ERROR!
and for 90% of the time i was in paradies i could not fly because i cant make the damn update.
so you obviously have still no idea what we grown ups... apologies! what we first grader here talking about. even we explain it to you often enough. you still cant get it. so...> internet troll. we should just ignore your posts from now on.  ah and enjoy your perfect experience. lets see how you cry when all this happen to you someday and you are stucked with a locked P4. have a nice day

2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

IMG_8436-Optimized.JPG
and yes i contacted DJI directly several times. no answer. yes i had full internet connection on my phone/build in screen.
i also contact my DJI store where i know everybody personally and they have no clue how to help.
and yes like i write multiple times here i asked DJI specificly about this update nonsense nightmare scenario and they assure me i DONT NEED make any updates if i not want to.
and here we are... discussing our asses off about this, you say your drone is fine. congrats for this. until its not fine anymore. now there are just some hundred/thousand people. wait and see when this take over and we are stucked everywhere around the world with crippled to death drones we pay hard money before.

2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-5 05:38
Well the funny thing is it is no longer green.  At least I'm not seeing it now.  It didn't make the change back to a white background either.  Go figure.

still looks green here... (screen shot just taken). Bad Feng Shui on your location? That might be the explanation for all the troubles...
Screen shot 2017-07-05 at 3.46.01 PM.jpg
2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

well.... sigh
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-5 05:43
i think you are a troll.
you didnt do anything to help with the situation. nor did DJI. i had the right cable. servers still offline. i even post videos how i tried to push the update button but all i got was NETWORK ERROR!
and for 90% of the time i was in paradies i could not fly because i cant make the damn update.

If you remember well, I `tried to help in the beginning. I think I even suggested to get two cables and connect them togheter (I may be wrong on this), but when I saw that you were refusing to admit that the problem *might* not be on the equipment side I quit. You think I'm a troll? Ok, it is your right. LOL.
2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 05:55
If you remember well, I `tried to help in the beginning. I think I even suggested to get two cables and connect them togheter (I may be wrong on this), but when I saw that you were refusing to admit that the problem *might* not be on the equipment side I quit. You think I'm a troll? Ok, it is your right. LOL.

yeah sorry man. you maybe try to help before. and i appreciate it.
but now you acting a bit strange. talking about green color all the time while we try get answers from DJI.
no offense given.
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-5 06:02
yeah sorry man. you maybe try to help before. and i appreciate it.
but now you acting a bit strange. talking about green color all the time while we try get answers from DJI.
no offense given.

That's OK, no offence taken here. -and no offence meant from my side. But what I *think* is that DJI **might** have suffered from a serious problem with one or more of their servers and tried their best to fix it. There are reports from many areas of the world about some virus affecting big and small companies, and this makes my thought quite pertinent... I hope  there will be an explanation when all of this is over. But in the end, when all has been said and done, my P4P and the money I spent on it are NOT the paramount thing in my life and I will never let them hijack my sense of humor and any of my other activities.  Have a good day
2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 06:12
That's OK, no offence taken here. -and no offence meant from my side. But what I *think* is that DJI **might** have suffered from a serious problem with one or more of their servers and tried their best to fix it. There are reports from many areas of the world about some virus affecting big and small companies, and this makes my thought quite pertinent... I hope  there will be an explanation when all of this is over. But in the end, when all has been said and done, my P4P and the money I spent on it are NOT the paramount thing in my life and I will never let them hijack my sense of humor and any of my other activities.  Have a good day

agree. got it.
2017-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-5 05:38
Well the funny thing is it is no longer green.  At least I'm not seeing it now.  It didn't make the change back to a white background either.  Go figure.

On my computer at home 'Green', on my iPhone 6S Plus using 4G it's 'White'. Presumably mobile player displays it different.
2017-7-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 05:54
still looks green here... (screen shot just taken). Bad Feng Shui on your location? That might be the explanation for all the troubles...

White on my work PC.  Maybe Edge vs. IE?
Capture.JPG
2017-7-5
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 03:10
Everyone (here) should know enough to be very skeptical of a reported drone/aircraft interaction at 12500 feet but journalists from pretty well any news organisation don't.
They are going to print anything sensational with the word drone in it.
To be fair, the news item quoted is only quoting the British Airprox Board who should know better but exhibit as much skepticism (none) as the journalists.

"If a pilot says drone, they never question it, no matter how unlikely it is."

In the good old times everything they didn't understand was an UFO. Now they call it a drone.
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-5 06:25
"If a pilot says drone, they never question it, no matter how unlikely it is."

In the good old times everything they didn't understand was an UFO. Now they call it a drone.

ROFLMAO, but then people who fly a drone and call themselves drone pilots are actually flying something they don't understand?
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-5 06:16
On my computer at home 'Green', on my iPhone 6S Plus using 4G it's 'White'. Presumably mobile player displays it different.

It depends on the settings of the browser in use, and on some browsers -not all, I think- it can be changed on the spot. Could not set font preferences in Chrome, but can in Firefox and if i tell it to use MY fonts instead of the webpage fonts, than it shows a black text on white background -or whatever colors I chose.
2017-7-5
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 06:12

Just to chime in here with an IT person's perspective. No hardware like this should be hardcoded to rely on a server being available or up. The firmware should default to allow flight when the server can't be reached. Imagine two scenarios:... a major catastrophe where drones would be of use, but internet service may be down. Another situation would be if DJI itself went out of business or got shut down by the Chinese government. Do we really want our drones grounded in these situations? I think not. I think DJI really needs to rethink these "cannot fly" rules hardcoded in firmware. That also includes the flight restrictions when a tablet/phone is not used.
2017-7-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-4 14:11
"The other companies are catching up in quality and features."

Really?

The last big announcement from other companies was the Karma. We all know how that goes.
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Capo Posted at 2017-7-5 08:24
Just to chime in here with an IT person's perspective. No hardware like this should be hardcoded to rely on a server being available or up. The firmware should default to allow flight when the server can't be reached. Imagine two scenarios:... a major catastrophe where drones would be of use, but internet service may be down. Another situation would be if DJI itself went out of business or got shut down by the Chinese government. Do we really want our drones grounded in these situations? I think not. I think DJI really needs to rethink these "cannot fly" rules hardcoded in firmware. That also includes the flight restrictions when a tablet/phone is not used.

This sounds very sensible. But one should also remember that we are talking about consumer products, not professional products or products meant to be usable especially in life threatening situations and/or environments,  even if many police forces and emergency teams seem to be using them (Danish police and emergency responders, AFAIK, are experimenting with DJI drones)
2017-7-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-4 14:11
"The other companies are catching up in quality and features."

Really?

Aside from those desires, some folks just want to fly.

They don't need long distant missions or awesome broadcast quality camera designs.
Nor constant app/firmware updates.... ;-)

Just plenty of inexpensive flight packs. Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Note: OP was temp banned for offensive content, not simply for bringing up issues he has with his P4P+ and DJI in general.
2017-7-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Banned.
2017-7-5
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-4 05:26
I don't know what DJI's thought process is...but it is making it harder for us to enjoy their products. I have Litchi app. When things go wrong with the DJI go/ go4 app I can fly without any probs using the Litchi app.

One word of caution with the Litchi app which I love and use always. DJI will claim the use of third party apps voids their warranty. I just went through it...so if anything happens to drone your on your own.
2017-7-5
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

59#
   Note: OP was temp banned for offensive content, not simply for bringing up issues he has with his P4P+ and DJI in general.

I never read any offensive comments in his posts.  Is this what happens when someone calls out DJI's flaws that are unacceptable?  I was locked out of the Florida panhandle for no reason for a week while on the vacation I specifically bought the drone for.  Will I also be banned for saying how ridiculous these log in and NFZ policies are?
2017-7-5
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 08:44
This sounds very sensible. But one should also remember that we are talking about consumer products, not professional products or products meant to be usable especially in life threatening situations and/or environments,  even if many police forces and emergency teams seem to be using them (Danish police and emergency responders, AFAIK, are experimenting with DJI drones)

It's not just consumer products. I have several DJI drones, Inspire/S900 for pro filming, I have NIR-cameras, I have XT 640 Radiometric for search & rescue, helping fire dept. I have DJI drones for 3D mapping. I also sell solutions for companies.

The point is, not everyone is flying just for fun. Quite a few also use proffessional DJI drones for work, trying to make a living. To take extreme examples: The police calls me and wants me to help search for a missing person because they need an extra eye in the sky. It's cold outside and the search grid is large. Time is not on our side. I drive out, only to find that the DJI login is not working and I can't fly. It could potentially be a death sentence. I've been doing several search & rescues, not everyone have ended well.

Or, I sell a solution with a DJI drone for 3D-mapping, and the area is secluded and have no WiFi and phone coverage just sometimes? I can tell many places not far away from my city that is affected.

This is not ok, DJI.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-5 10:43
59#

If you didn't see offensive content, you were not reading closely enough or missed some of his posts which is understandable.

We do not, I repeat, DO NOT ban people for voicing their concerns and criticizing certain policies or situation handling.

It's very clear we don't if you spend even a small amount of time on the forums. I know people are fearful of censorship, but the second we start censoring our customers unnecessarily is the second this forum will lose value to a huge majority of our users.
2017-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rob W Posted at 2017-7-5 11:27
It's not just consumer products. I have several DJI drones, Inspire/S900 for pro filming, I have NIR-cameras, I have XT 640 Radiometric for search & rescue, helping fire dept. I have DJI drones for 3D mapping. I also sell solutions for companies.

The point is, not everyone is flying just for fun. Quite a few also use proffessional DJI drones for work, trying to make a living. To take extreme examples: The police calls me and wants me to help search for a missing person because they need an extra eye in the sky. It's cold outside and the search grid is large. Time is not on our side. I drive out, only to find that the DJI login is not working and I can't fly. It could potentially be a death sentence. I've been doing several search & rescues, not everyone have ended well.

You can always login before you leave the house, you'll then be logged in no need to login again, in fact I have logged in 4 times I have never had to log in since.

NFZ seems a different issue, it seems there is something amiss in US by all the complaints, I have seen very few complaints around the world about this, maybe china Hong Kong.
2017-7-5
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 08:44

Consumer or not, it is bad industry practice to hardcode server connections in any device to function, no matter what it is. This goes against all industry programming best practices. In a major catastrophe mentioned before, I don't think anyone would care if a drone was meant to be used by consumers, it would still be an asset to search and recovery. The case of having to maintain servers 24/7 is almost impossible, especially in the long term. Let's say someone buys out DJI and then shuts them down. What a way for a company to create a new market by disabling all existing products. It's just plain wrong to do this.
2017-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-5 11:36
If you didn't see offensive content, you were not reading closely enough or missed some of his posts which is understandable.

We do not, I repeat, DO NOT ban people for voicing their concerns and criticizing certain policies or situation handling.

What's interesting is DJI's communications  (or lack of) .
You are keen to explain trivial issues about a temporary ban  (which was justified).
But despite huge uncertainty across the community about the implications of changes in the way recent updates were done, no-one has come out with a clear explanation of what it was about or how it would work.
And despite a glitch that caused considerable disruption to some users and widespread fear and confusion across the user community, there's still no communication at all to explain what happened or how DJI will act to prevent a recurrence.
I love my Phantoms and I wasn't affected but I can recognise an epic failute of corporate communications when I see one.
The company is shooting themselves in the foot.

unrelated ps ... Why does the forum show me as being from Japan?
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 14:44
You are keen to explain trivial issues about a temporary ban  (which was justified).
But despite huge uncertainty across the community about the implications of changes in the way recent updates were done, no-one has come out with a clear explanation of what it was about or how it would work.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm trying to support the community by both maintaining  the most agreeable environment on the forums possible as well as connecting with HQ about getting these questions answered.

I too would like answers to some of these questions.

And your account says you're from Japan because the system that determines location is not fantastic and has its bugs too. There are bigger issues I am pushing the forum dev team to fix.
2017-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 14:44

I fully agree.

Regards the Roach all his posts can be read on mobile site, I just went over them , only one thing I can see , he told someone . Don't be a smart a$$ , and this is exactly the way he wrote it. I suppose now I will be in the firing line.
Something is awry here. There were a couple of moderators around would get involved in these type of debates, dji Ken was one of them, sadly we don't see these around here anymore, have they been issued with the Ban ?
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-5 15:00
I fully agree.

Regards the Roach all his posts can be read on mobile site, I just went over them , only one thing I can see , he told someone . Don't be a smart a$$ , and this is exactly the way he wrote it. I suppose now I will be in the firing line.

You have not comprehensively gone into his posts if that's all you found. Regardless, this isn't up for debate. The point is it wasn't the topic that got him his ban, rather his inflammatory content.

Ken was not banned as he was an official DJI rep.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-5 15:26
I was joking about Ken.

But I have read the thread twice and maybe I'm missing something, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Note that you can't see deleted posts.
2017-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-5 15:09
You have not comprehensively gone into his posts if that's all you found. Regardless, this isn't up for debate. The point is it wasn't the topic that got him his ban, rather his inflammatory content.

I was joking about Ken.

But I have read the thread twice and maybe I'm missing something, maybe someone can enlighten me.
2017-7-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-5 15:09

'Ken was not banned as he was an official DJI rep.'

He more likely resigned from the moderator's position rather than have to put up with the childish behaviour here.
2017-7-5
Use props
Timothyimagery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-5 15:25
Note that you can't see deleted posts.

DJI Joe there are a large number of unanswered topics in this support forum, when will the team begin to respond? I think the lack of any response (except for here) is what is causing some angst among customers
2017-7-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 13:35
If you wanted people to read your blurb you should have left it in black& white . Looks like something hanging on a wall in a whore house.

" Looks like something hanging on a wall in a whore house."

I bow to your experience Sir.
2017-7-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-4 05:26
I don't know what DJI's thought process is...but it is making it harder for us to enjoy their products. I have Litchi app. When things go wrong with the DJI go/ go4 app I can fly without any probs using the Litchi app.

Agree and this is from a guy who spend some serious money on DJI products.
2017-7-5
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-5 14:52
I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm trying to support the community by both maintaining  the most agreeable environment on the forums possible as well as connecting with HQ about getting these questions answered.

I too would like answers to some of these questions.

DJI Joe,
I think we all realise that you and other DJI reps have also been left in the dark when it comes to explanations of some of the issues being faced by multiple users and I think we all feel some sympathy for your situation but you're the only people we can turn to.

Recently, we've had ...
. users stuck on an old beta P4 version for many months;
. a multitude of people who couldn't fly at all last weekend because of an apparent failure of DJI servers;
. people being forced to update their DJI Go app despite previously being told in these threads that DJI does not force updates
The list goes on yet DJI seems to be of the belief that it doesn't owe anyone a solution or even an explanation to these and other problems.
Of course, there are some who will abuse these threads but the majority of readers are mature people who might just understand and even accept the issues if only DJI would just say something about them. Any information would be appreciated but DJI simply says nothing at all as if the issues don't even exist.
Like many other posters in these threads, I've owned a couple of DJI drones but the company's current attitude towards its customers is driving me and  others away from future purchases.
2017-7-5
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-5 11:48
You can always login before you leave the house, you'll then be logged in no need to login again, in fact I have logged in 4 times I have never had to log in since.

NFZ seems a different issue, it seems there is something amiss in US by all the complaints, I have seen very few complaints around the world about this, maybe china Hong Kong.

I can only login if the DJI services are working, which they did not this weekend.

And, if the drone is stored and used in an area with little or no mobile service, should the customer need to drive away with the drone a couple of kilometres, then drive back again to use it?

We should *NOT* have to login to use our drones.
2017-7-5
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 01:20
I for one could not read it. It hurt my eyes, so I had to copy the text and paste it in my text editor -just to realize that after all it wasn't worth the effort.  Hallmark007 did not "reply" the post, just commented on how it was presented, and the answer blaming it on the forum was quite childish -once more.

I didn't really feel that the part about the whore house was necessary no matter what the opinion of the post. Keeping your opinions decent and constructive is the point of the forums. In other words if you can't say it in a nice way perhaps don't say it.
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

imagine it Posted at 2017-7-6 00:41
I didn't really feel that the part about the whore house was necessary no matter what the opinion of the post. Keeping your opinions decent and constructive is the point of the forums. In other words if you can't say it in a nice way perhaps don't say it.

Ahh I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else, in my choice of words, it was meant to be light hearted, regarding the way post was laid out with green background was merely to draw attention, but I felt rather than do that, it had quite the opposite effect, impossible to read without getting a headache thus failing to get the point across and discussion was becoming more about the green background and red print than the actual point being made by OP.

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”

I guess this also applies to me.
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rob W Posted at 2017-7-5 20:50
I can only login if the DJI services are working, which they did not this weekend.

And, if the drone is stored and used in an area with little or no mobile service, should the customer need to drive away with the drone a couple of kilometres, then drive back again to use it?

There is obviously a glitch in the system, it's not the same for everyone. Maybe it's time for some explanation from dji or at least confirmation from moderators here that the problem exists and something is been done about it. I won't hold my breath.
2017-7-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules