Anyone else having overheating of iphone when flying?
2183 11 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Recently I get a warning saying CPU of my phone is maxed and performace may be affected.
Then today a big temperature warning came up on iphone (never seen that before).
Had to shut down phone and let it cool.

Anyone else have this?
Iphone 6 with 128g.
Thanks.
2017-7-4
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No message on my phone, but my iPhone SE was hot to the touch after a 5 minute flight today.
2017-7-4
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

I think it was because I had my phone in direct sunlight... screen getting to much sun.
2017-7-5
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am getting the CPU maxed message on my just purchased ipad 4 mini. It was in direct sunlight as well. Even made sure no other apps were running. The Ipad was very hot though.
2017-7-5
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-7-5 10:59
I am getting the CPU maxed message on my just purchased ipad 4 mini. It was in direct sunlight as well. Even made sure no other apps were running. The Ipad was very hot though.

Before my phone went black and temp warning... I got the CPU message too.... I haven't had any problems when I was standing in shaded area since....  idevices are trying to adjust contrast of screen all the time.... and I think the direct sunlight was too much for too long... ?
2017-7-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Dji Go 4 consume a lot of mobile device computing power. Try 6s or 7plus or iPad Air 2.
2017-7-5
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn brightness down and shut off all other apps.
2017-7-5
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-5 11:59
Dji Go 4 consume a lot of mobile device computing power. Try 6s or 7plus or iPad Air 2.

I'm waiting for iPhone 8 ;)
2017-7-5
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266024 ft
United States

I my 6s plus got a little warm but I never got a message I had it out the case though because I have a otterbox and it won't fit the RC with it  {:4_154:}
2017-7-5
Use props
likchu
lvl.1
Hong Kong

My 7 Plus also get hot too after flying 15 minutes
2017-7-5
Use props
fans7309cd43
New
Flight distance : 15466 ft
Denmark

i flew close to 40 minutes straight yesterday iphone 7plus it was hot but working.. however i did have problems with the controller after when i transferred clip to the phone, the controller and app felt like it was frozen, and the controller just beeped even when i tried to switch it off, after chatting with support i was able to reboot when holding the pause button on the controller while switching it off, after restart it worked, as both iphone and controller was very hot i did suspect the heat to be the cause.
2017-7-6
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Hmmmm... [Pause]+[Power]=> Force restart ... Thankyou. My RC is too warm after 2 continuous batteries.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules