Signal strength indicator?
1802 3 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
insteadof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151985 ft
United States

Does the Go app not display any indication of the strength of the signal?  (I'm using the app while the phone is connected to the remote controller.)  I never know if the signal is getting weak until the video drops out completely.

Also, I can usually only make it about 1000 feet of distance away before the it loses signal.  Is that typical?  This is in a flat area where I can't see the drone once it leaves my immediate area because of the trees around me.
2017-7-4
Use props
insteadof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151985 ft
United States

Also another related question, when using the remote with an iPhone, am I likely to get farther range if the phone is connected to the remote with a USB cable?  I think I've heard that Android users do better with the remote connected with a cable, but I'm not sure about iPhones.
2017-7-4
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

insteadof Posted at 2017-7-4 13:29
Also another related question, when using the remote with an iPhone, am I likely to get farther range if the phone is connected to the remote with a USB cable?  I think I've heard that Android users do better with the remote connected with a cable, but I'm not sure about iPhones.

... it works for iPhone like a charm with OTG cable ... no issues at all except embedded CE/FCC limits ...
2017-7-5
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Are you using the OTG USB cable connect RC with your iPhone?  If so that’s the reason why you lose the signal strength indicator.  Try to use WIFI connect to RC and the indicator will be back on.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules