My Spark flew into the ground yesterday...
758 4 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Statici
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213445 ft
United States

So I managed to get out of the no-fly zone yesterday, and had a nice flyaround of an abandoned quarry. However...when trying to test out the front sensors by flying it towards a cliff, it not only stopped itself, but started going down - FAST!

I was using my phone as a controller, and was desperate to get it to stop, but throttle control seemed to have zero impact on its movement.

Anyone else experience this or have any idea of why it might have happened?

p.s. I was 15 miles away from the edge of the yellow no-fly zone, so it shouldn't have been that, and my screen gave me no warnings while this was happening...
2017-7-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im not lolling at you but this made me chuckle, why does everyone have to test if the collision sensors work? I know I did the first flight except not at full speed. I have a friend who did the same as you, full speed straight at a wall. Sure it stopped in time but why!? Maybe the DJI peeps on here will ask for your flight logs and video of this happening and be able to give you an answer.
2017-7-4
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

It is quite disturbing, I did similar testing but I was cautious ... driving Spark close to "wall" when obstacle warning was on I just observed how close I am to an obstacle and I got what I wanted to achieve ...
2017-7-5
Use props
Statici
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213445 ft
United States

Well I didn't like, PUSH it, I just judged it until it gave me a warning...but it didn't give me a warning, it just sent itself to the ground
2017-7-5
Use props
jetto black
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202995 ft
United States

Statici Posted at 2017-7-5 02:27
Well I didn't like, PUSH it, I just judged it until it gave me a warning...but it didn't give me a warning, it just sent itself to the ground

If you were flying at or below ground level and had the left stick held down, maybe it thought you were trying to land on the ground.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules