DJI - stop locking our drones!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

like many others, i have enough of this forced firmware updates and locked drones without warnings. i even confirmed with a DJI worker before i go on holiday because i knew this will happen. and he assure me: "dont worry you can always ignore firmware updates and just fly!"

i want somebody from DJI to answer this big problem that so many peoples are stucked in long term planned holidays with grounded drones!
i spend thousand of dollar on your company and now i dont even dare to plan any more vacation because maybe tomorrow you decide its not ok anymore to fly there.

the whole situation is rediculous. and not i cant fly litchi or downgrade because have advanced plus.
let the USER decide to make update or not! NEVER AGAIN LOCK MOTORS!

2017-7-5
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I too do not understand why DJI has taken upon itself to enforce laws outside their own country.  At worst, the geofencing and other controls should be optional for the operator to switch on and off. The operator is ultimately responsible under all circumstances.  I think that this is a unwise practice, since the control that they impliment will make them responsible and liable for any short comings.
2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

if this continue, i will sell all DJI stuff and buy another drone when there are some better ones out. for now i cant use DJI anymore.

now its not "enjoy your experience!"
but more like: "gamble with your unsure experience - if you lucky you are able to fly in your holiday - and if not, nobody care"

i also just learned that my whole area where i am living will be banned from flying from 1. august.
why we spend thousand of dollars for a toy we are forbidden to use anywhere. no park, no city, no nice scenic spot... and DJI keep silence about all of this.

really regret to buy the new p4A plus. i should have kept my p3A without any update. sadly that was full of bugs as well.
2017-7-6
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI are in between a rock and hard place I think. Trying to balance safety and consumer happiness with a new technology within a still very much developing regulatory environment.
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-6 01:41
DJI are in between a rock and hard place I think. Trying to balance safety and consumer happiness with a new technology within a still very much developing regulatory environment.

we all understand that.
DJI need to watch other companies all over the world and copy that. Chinese are good in copy things. i am living in china so i know that.
if you buy a car and you cant start your motor in certain places because the manufacturer say: "you could hit a person near this park"... people would rage like hell! absolute ridiculous

solution: "you enter a forbidden flight zone and risk to get punished!"
post that message ONE TIME before we fly is totally fine for me. then i will decide whether i fly or not. i pay the money. its my toy. its my responsibility and not DJIs.
if they at least give us some answers to this chaos going on right now i could understand and calm down. but they keep silence. for weeks now. this situation is unaccaptable.

how would you solve the problem?
2017-7-6
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-6 02:03
we all understand that.
DJI need to watch other companies all over the world and copy that. Chinese are good in copy things. i am living in china so i know that.
if you buy a car and you cant start your motor in certain places because the manufacturer say: "you could hit a person near this park"... people would rage like hell! absolute ridiculous

Unfortunately it could only take one or two serious incidents though to result in serious regulatory backlash.

Cars are not a really good analogy, given that you have take a license to certify that you are properly trained and safe to drive one, have to register them with the govt, and have to have visible identification (i.e. license plates) in case you decide to break the law (speed etc.).

I'm not really sure what the ideal solution is. I think some kind of NFZ control is necessary though.
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-6 02:24
Unfortunately it could only take one or two serious incidents though to result in serious regulatory backlash.

Cars are not a really good analogy, given that you have take a license to certify that you are properly trained and safe to drive one, have to register them with the govt, and have to have visible identification (i.e. license plates) in case you decide to break the law (speed etc.).

some kind near airports yes.
my whole city and surroundings in 100km? no.
forcing me to have a stable internet connection each time i want start? no.
locking motors in most unconvinient areas when you far away on a remote islan? awww hell no!
2017-7-6
Use props
mikehay85
New
United States

Have you had any luck with the update? I have lost serious money as a licensed drone pilot because the update crippled my 4 pro+. I still cannot fly it!!
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

mikehay85 Posted at 2017-7-6 05:31
Have you had any luck with the update? I have lost serious money as a licensed drone pilot because the update crippled my 4 pro+. I still cannot fly it!!
i was bored at home because i cant fly anymore so i used my mad PS skillz to make a nice future picture. (dont bann me DJI for a little humor)
DJI NFZ.jpg

yes i was able to update my p4A plus. but now because of that update i got massive bugs in the integrated screen again. always crash. green screens. unable to connect to DJI assistant 2 to make the sensor calibration like he want me to do every time. extreme reduced range...its a disaster.
and to make the nightmare perfect, just now i learned my whole area will be a giant noflyzone from next month on.
i am sorry to hear that so many pilots who actually earn money with areal photography suffer so much. i really feel with you guys.

wonderful DJI... thank you so much for the amazing experience we all have now. unable to fly our thousands of dollar toys.

2017-7-6
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I got the dreaded NFZ also before taking off to get footage of a fireworks show but I blame it on myself because I didnt plan ahead. Lesson learned
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

IMG_9878-Optimized.PNG
everything normal. no update required. i restart drone to change battery:

IMG_9860-Optimized.JPG

lets see the newest "experience"... main screen say update required. i slide to upgrade (again for 20th time now).

IMG_9879-Optimized.PNG
i have the latest update as you can see.

i fly 500 meter away to test everything. i get green screens, disconnects, signal errors... you name it. all bugs we all know so well over the years after every update... (before i fly here hundreds of times without ANY problem up to 3km)
IMG_9876-Optimized.PNG
screen is coming back every 10 seconds. stay clear for some seconds and then its all black again.
IMG_9875-Optimized.PNG

i land, change battery and suddenly get the 30x30 meter max flight distance and altitude error. (i adjusted my MC to 500m high and no range limit)
IMG_9870-Optimized.JPG
i land the drone, scratch my head what the heck is going on. i start again and suddenly i can fly far away like nothing happen. i land again, start and get stucked at 30 meters again. warnings popping up my screen left and right...
this is rediculous! the last firmware was perfect. no bugs, no errors, everything fine... and now. here we are again. in our personal DJI nightmare. i cant trust this equipment anymore and have no mood to carry all stuff thousands of km away just to get locked down there again. i already cancel my flight to guangxi last week.

i am still waiting for DJI mods to say something

2017-7-6
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

There are ways to get around this, you know that right lol.
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

tell me. i am all ears buddy!
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
United States

Quadcoptercrazy Posted at 2017-7-6 08:47

thanks guys i know now
2017-7-6
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

Quadcoptercrazy Posted at 2017-7-6 08:47

You do know you are completely wrong right?
2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

hello crew, just wanna say thanks for all people who tried to help with my never ending dji nightmare over last months.
i was able to fix all my problems i had with DJI and my p4A in 1 evening without DJIs help and i am extremely satisfied now with a product which is finally working perfectly like it should and we customer pay for it.
no more updates, noflyzones for no reason and locked motors in the future. i will hardware deactivate the wifi inside my build in screen and enjoy the experience from now on.  have a nice evening. cheers
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules