Gimble Motor Overload?
939 6 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Via Meteor
lvl.1
United States

Bought a used P3S and last time I used it the Gimble was spazzing out and I kept getting a "Gimble motor overload" error on my display.  Every once in a while it works it self out.  Its annoying.  Anything I can do?
2017-7-5
Use props
Gerrit van S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227831 ft
Netherlands

Remover all packaging items? Reinstall firmware?
2017-7-5
Use props
Via Meteor
lvl.1
United States

Gerrit van S Posted at 2017-7-5 10:12
Remover all packaging items? Reinstall firmware?

I purchased it used (...I know)  and I would be curious what causes "overloading"  
Are you thinking it is a software issue and not a hardware issue?
2017-7-5
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

It should be a hardware issue. When the phantom is off, try rotating the gimbal and see if you feel any resistance. You can also try carefully sticking a vacuum up to the gimbal motors to suck out any debris as well as taking compressed air and shooting it into the motor to dislodge any debris.
2017-7-6
Use props
Via Meteor
lvl.1
United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2017-7-6 16:52
It should be a hardware issue. When the phantom is off, try rotating the gimbal and see if you feel any resistance. You can also try carefully sticking a vacuum up to the gimbal motors to suck out any debris as well as taking compressed air and shooting it into the motor to dislodge any debris.

Thanks.  I later received a "gimbal gyroscope error"  and it told me to see a technician.  They wouldnt help me.  I happened to have another one attached to a water damaged P3S but one of the antenna pins was broken so i had to remove the whole board and switch it.   So far so good.  From what I hear the p3s gimbals are not worth the hassle. But i'll be damned if im going to spend $220 on a new one. I am already saving up for a P4pro hahaha
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa6ba0813
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1989557 ft
United States

Mines does the same thing since I started using the new firmware, how can you go back to the previous firmware? Is that even possible
2017-7-8
Use props
Dave_W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311263 ft
Australia

fansa6ba0813 Posted at 2017-7-8 16:00
Mines does the same thing since I started using the new firmware, how can you go back to the previous firmware? Is that even possible

You can go back in versions of the firmware but I have heard it is a bit tricky to do.

Have never tried it myself but have read about it on https://phantompilots.com/.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules