RC won't stay connected in hot weather
1504 9 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf7d192d
New
Flight distance : 17077 ft
United States

It's hot in Texas right now. I basically cannot fly my Spark at all during the day, it will disconnect after a couple of minutes and stay disconnected. Early in the morning or at night it works fine.

What do I do? Since the camera is only good in bright sunlight, I basically have a $750 paperweight
2017-7-5
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

The operating temperature for a DJI Spark is 32° to 104° F. If the Sparky is being flown within this range it is defective, if it's hotter than 104° F , DJI will not deem it to be faulty.   
2017-7-5
Use props
ndot
New
United States

Celsus Posted at 2017-7-5 12:04
The operating temperature for a DJI Spark is 32° to 104° F. If the Sparky is being flown within this range it is defective, if it's hotter than 104° F , DJI will not deem it to be faulty.

It's 96F right now. Anything over 90-ish and it will disconnect repeatedly.
2017-7-5
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you turned off your phone's Bluetooth? Have you tried changing to 5 GHz? Where are you flying at?
2017-7-5
Use props
ndot
New
United States

After further testing, I think the hot weather was just a coincidence. It stays connected just fine when using just my phone, but when using the RC it will only stay connected for a few minutes before disconnecting. So I think I'm just having the same RC issues others have been posting about.
2017-7-5
Use props
ndot
New
United States

Well, I've been testing this extensively all weekend long and I am back to being convinced that this is a temperature issue. I don't know why it doesn't affect the phone, but the RC will absolutely not stay connected if the drone is outdoors in this 95 degree heat. Indoors in the AC it remains connected indefinitely. I don't even need to be flying it, I can just power on the drone and RC, set the drone outside (in the shade even), and after a few minutes RC link is gone and will not recover until the drone cools back down significantly.
2017-7-9
Use props
ndot
New
United States

It's now night time and the temperature is 83F, and the link has been solid for 30 minutes now. This is in the same place where it wouldn't last 3 minutes when it was 95F earlier today.
2017-7-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I got exactly same problem in Hong Kong for normal temp below 95F.  So I return the RC and spark back to DJI for service and they told me the antennas were defected and need to be replace.
2017-7-9
Use props
ndot
New
United States

I just requested a refund. Maybe I'll try again in a few months when they work the bugs out. Really disappointed.
2017-7-10
Use props
harrismix
lvl.1
United States

Cancelled my controller order, I'll sell the Spark soon too if they can't resolve this
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules