How To Track Lost Phantom Using Dji App Only
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roboldham
New

United Kingdom

I lost my drone today and found it using this and only way as i had no choice , most of you may know it but most of the forum post is full of garbage replies.

Say you lost the drone and now u dont know where exactly it is.
Open DJI App and click on this Icon

then you will come to a screen with log and other data,just have your internet ready so google maps can load up.
now you will se differnt bars with differnt flight times , just click the very first one on top and u will se where the drone is, go out and search for it within that area.

this is a simple method i hope u can stick this post and lock it to prevent garbage post replies.

I lost it today , thought il never find it went out and looked for it after seing its location and found it.

2017-7-5
Use props
roboldham
New

United Kingdom

once you se the location take snapshots of it on maps as u can zoom in and out most recommened incase it gets deleted or erased.

now once you se the triangle on the map,this is the location of the drone, assuming u took snapshots as backup , now press back back , u will go to home screen of dji app ,  the dji camera button will be greyed out just click it  once your inside  your camera will be offline, signal disconnect But!!  you have the maps their but not location of the drone , it has location of you with blue dot this time ,  just walk or move with a car and u will se that blue dot move ,  now  head towards the drone last location  like that u will find it ,   once you get near the location search al around.

2017-7-5
Use props
roboldham
New

United Kingdom

Assuming u only have controller and app installed that was used.

follow the steps

Now Zoom in or Zoom out And take some snapshots incase for safty.
Now Press Back go to dji app home screen select your drone.

good luck, i found mine like this , so you should also.
2017-7-5
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I'm not sure why you think most of the forum posts are garbage.  Many are quite helpful, thoughtfully analysed and deduced.  I'm not sure why you think this method is such a revelation, it has been available for as long as I have been using the Go app.  I'm sure the map's function is described in the manual or is pretty obvious from using it.  The aircraft's position and your position is generally available on the map and updated in real time. I'm not sure why you need to go into the flight record and replay the last flight.  The map in the corner of my screen has icons for the aircraft and the controller visible all the time without any further intervention.  As I glance at the map all the time while flying, I usually have a pretty good idea of its general location all the time.  This is why laws in most countries reqire you to fly line-of-sight -- in addition to maintaining strong RC signals, you are watching the aircraft for obstacles, and at least know its general location and heading if it is lost.

Your method works, but only as long as you have a good signal when you "lose" it.  Many flights that are brought to our attention in the forum have a loss of contact in the end, and the aircraft continues flying, or is blown off course without having the telemetry returned to the controller.   These investigations often rely on other experienced pilots making educated guesses as to where the aircraft would end up, taking in to consideration factors such as wind speed, aircraft's last speed, direction of travel, terrain etc.  It is quite understandable why there might be differences of opinion or different estimates.  There may be many methods for drawing the same, similar or differing conclusions.  Often the pilot does not provide a clear and coherrent description of the incident, and at the very least, provide the flight logs for analysis.   These may constitute your "garbage replies".
2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

As endotherm so eloquently stated, if the quad lost its link with the controller the red arrow will only be identifying its last reported location that the controller was able to  receive. If that is the case it is most important that the link with the controller be reestablished before the battery dies and the aircraft shuts down. If the battery was ejected because it crashed then reestablishing the link will not be possible. In that case you will be left with only the flight record to use as a means of recovery. However if link can be reestablished the map will be updated to reflect its true location. From that point if the battery dies you will at least have the true location recorded. While the quad is still transmitting you can use "Find My Drone" to help recover it. Its suppose to have an option to make the esc's start beeping but it either doesnt work on p4's or I cant figure out how to use it. The option shows up but you cant select it. It also has an option for the lights to flash but if its still on then they are already  flashing. It doesnt really seem to do anything when you select it. What fmd does do is show the quad and shows where you are on the map and it gives you directions how to get they're.
2017-7-6
Use props
roboldham
New

United Kingdom

1: Main important thing is battery completly dead drone drops, screwed situation fulll stop  weather controler lost or drone has fell on ground etc  , imortant thing here is u will know last location exactly mate.

also regarding garbage post , rather read full line of helpfull post rather then random un helpfull long relies.
you seem to think different way , i dont care how your brain works , il tell u think i lost my drone far away last night and found it within 1 hour.

lets just hope you lose your and then will se how u feel about not having drone on your hand but your phone and your controller only will se then if u can reply negetive stuff like this.
2017-7-6
Use props
roboldham
New

United Kingdom

you said
Many flights that are brought to our attention in the forum have a loss of contact in the end, and the aircraft continues flying, or is blown off course without having th

man listen  i had %5 left drone was coming home had to cancle it and se if i can get it faster i failed , drone was decending  and then disconnected, i had to use dji app to find it

2017-7-6
Use props
roboldham
New

United Kingdom

One more thing you dont need a 747 pilot license to figure this out ,   this is the last thing he/she  can do.
2017-7-6
Use props
fansb10b6d30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060 ft
Portugal

What if you are using DJI goggles and not the app?
2018-12-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Cmon guys - he's trying to be useful and I appreciate that. There are more than one way to do this ...

Here's my way that basically uses the screen once its gone down. The trick here is to not shut off the screen / RC ... to keep the last position shown ...

A video shows it best and its actually the screen recording of my finding my P3S in the river ... I went too far ... battery crapped out ... she went down ... I jumped into my Soviet era motor boat and used the tablet screen / GPS to find it ... Note that the AC position on screen is the last position before she lost all contact..

Nigel
2018-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules