Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Traveling on a Plane
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

I am going to be on a plane soon and wanted to know how to take my drone. I have the hardshell dji backpack but I wanted to know if there is any special thing I have to do with it? Do I take the bag as a carry on? Will there be any issues getting it onto the airplane? Let me know if you have any advice, thanks.
2017-7-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Not enough information. The rules vary according to who you are flying with and where you are going. First, contact your airline and ask them about it. Generally speaking, the drone and all its gear can go in checked luggage, but the batteries must go on-board with you as carry-on luggage.  Ask for a letter from the airline outlining the procedure, then carry it with you to show the staff when you check in.

Then there is the destination, within the US you should be OK, but overseas is another matter. Some countries will simply confiscate your drone.
2017-7-5
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-5 19:31
Not enough information. The rules vary according to who you are flying with and where you are going. First, contact your airline and ask them about it. Generally speaking, the drone and all its gear can go in checked luggage, but the batteries must go on-board with you as carry-on luggage.  Ask for a letter from the airline outlining the procedure, then carry it with you to show the staff when you check in.

Then there is the destination, within the US you should be OK, but overseas is another matter. Some countries will simply confiscate your drone.

Thanks for the help, I am staying in the us. I will try to bring everything as a carry on if I can so that nothing gets tossed around, thanks.
2017-7-5
Use props
Mok73ph
New

United States

I flew from Phoenix to LAX to Korea and Philippines, my phantom 2 on a backpack case ,with  3 batteries and etc. back pack looks big but fits perfectly on the overhead bin, TSA didn't give me any problem, and nobody tried to confiscate them. hope this helps.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules