New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro is Available (06/07/2017)
123456Next >
86147 202 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.11.20.
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.13
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.8

What’s New?
1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
3. Fixed an issue causing occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure.

Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

2017-7-6
Use props
dr_one
New

United States

Is anyone can help me...
I have a problem with my P3P after it's upgrade with new firmware. The RC is didn't want to connect with the AC, the armlight is off and the P3P sound is very loud..
Is there any solution that i can do to fix this?
Thanks
2017-7-6
Use props
fansf08ea396
lvl.1
United States

This upgrade video seems to be a little behind.    It is my understanding that later versions of the firmware require that the upgrades be done using DJI-GO.   And cannot be done using this SD card method.

Is this correct?   

And can someone tell me how to initiate the upgrade using DJI-GO?   The instructions are not complete, never saying how to start the process.  Here is a link to the instructions:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... e_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

Look at page 3, and tell me how the upgrade is started.  The steps seem to suggest that it is automatic?  Or maybe a step has been left out?

I'm afraid to try an update with such poor instructions.  The old method (insert SD card with new .bin and power up) has worked well for me before.

Thanks.
2017-7-6
Use props
SN0WY3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127740 ft
United Kingdom

fansf08ea396 Posted at 2017-7-6 09:58
This upgrade video seems to be a little behind.    It is my understanding that later versions of the firmware require that the upgrades be done using DJI-GO.   And cannot be done using this SD card method.

Is this correct?   

log into app then go to settings, update. remote n drone have to be on and all connected
2017-7-6
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450525 ft
United States

SN0WY3000 Posted at 2017-7-6 11:10
log into app then go to settings, update. remote n drone have to be on and all connected

No usb cables are required during the firmware upgrade correct? When connected you mean the controller wirelessly to the phantom?
2017-7-6
Use props
PowerAg
New
United States

After successful update of App, RC, and Drone, the RC will no longer attempt to connect to the Drone. Anything to do to fix this issue?
2017-7-6
Use props
SN0WY3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127740 ft
United Kingdom

PowerAg Posted at 2017-7-6 12:26
After successful update of App, RC, and Drone, the RC will no longer attempt to connect to the Drone. Anything to do to fix this issue?

so you just get red light on rc
2017-7-6
Use props
fansf08ea396
lvl.1
United States

Is this correct?   

Turns out I was wrong in my prior post.  Loading the SD card and inserting into the Phantom is still the way to upgrade.
2017-7-6
Use props
Marv JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96381 ft
United States

Is this update for both Advanced and Pro?
2017-7-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Marv JS Posted at 2017-7-6 16:24
Is this update for both Advanced and Pro?

Here is for Pro version!

P3A new release firmware thread is here:http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2017-7-6
Use props
Marv JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96381 ft
United States

SN0WY3000 Posted at 2017-7-6 11:10

Thanks--that solved my problem--up and running with all new firmware.
2017-7-6
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

With the latest firmware , Am I reading correctly that unless  you are using the DJI Go app you are limited to 30 meters high by 50 meters distance?  If so, will this affect the Litchi app?  I sure hope not!
2017-7-6
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

frankencopter Posted at 2017-7-6 17:24
With the latest firmware , Am I reading correctly that unless  you are using the DJI Go app you are limited to 30 meters high by 50 meters distance?  If so, will this affect the Litchi app?  I sure hope not!

I can answer my own question!  Just pulled this off Litchi page on Facebook:

"With the current versions of Litchi (iOS 1.16.12 and Android 3.10.10), if you update to the latest DJI firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0800), Phantom 4 Pro (v01.04.0602) or Phantom 4 Advanced (v01.00.0128) you will be required to log in in DJI Go to unlock the new altitude and distance limitations both for DJI Go and Litchi. The upcoming Litchi versions will automatically unlock the restrictions without having to log in in DJI Go except if you fly in China (in which case log in with DJI Go will still be required but can be done within Litchi)."

Litchi on Facebook
2017-7-6
Use props
fans22425dc4
New
Flight distance : 65118 ft
United States

SN0WY3000 Posted at 2017-7-6 12:36
so you just get red light on rc

I get a red light on the RC and "remote controller signal weak" in the app (w/ no connectivity) after updating the aircraft and RC firmwares, both of which showed as successful in the log file on the sd card.  Before I installed these, I was about to send my P3 in for repair because of severe video transmission issues. But the RC worked for actual control, just had crappy video reception.

It seems this uav is constant trouble
2017-7-6
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh ... I do not do the update. Previous firmware works great flawlessly incliding previous version of Dji GO. I see no benefit of updating. Unless the update make my P3P does like Mavic, as the P4 update then I will certainly do it.
2017-7-6
Use props
Carl France
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66699 ft
United Kingdom

I have just upgraded my Phantom 3 Pro (IPad upgraded to latest App), upgraded RC to V01.11.0020; all OK, connect up and upgraded remote controller to latest version, all went OK, rebooted all.

Remote controller will not now connect to RC a red light on remote controller and beeping, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
2017-7-6
Use props
Carl France
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66699 ft
United Kingdom

Carl France Posted at 2017-7-6 23:16
I have just upgraded my Phantom 3 Pro (IPad upgraded to latest App), upgraded RC to V01.11.0020; all OK, connect up and upgraded remote controller to latest version, all went OK, rebooted all.

Remote controller will not now connect to RC a red light on remote controller and beeping, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For the benefit of others whom may have an issue with this, the resolution was on another thread here
2017-7-6
Use props
fans804c0cfc
New
Flight distance : 2575 ft

Netherlands

I just updated both the controller and the phantom itself. Controller was fine but now after upgrading my phantom has solid red light and fast blinking yellow. Not connecting anymore to the app. Argh!!!
Now I can't fly anymore. Is there a way to roll back?
2017-7-7
Use props
fans804c0cfc
New
Flight distance : 2575 ft

Netherlands

Carl France Posted at 2017-7-6 23:23
For the benefit of others whom may have an issue with this, the resolution was on another thread here

Ah, worked for me!!!
2017-7-7
Use props
ALEX 74
New
Flight distance : 375879 ft
France

It s impossible for me to find on the website in download the updating file for the phantom 3 professionnal there is just the updating file from 2016.

2017-7-7
Use props
CincyRock
New
Flight distance : 22077 ft
United States

Here's a new one ...
Upgrade worked on RC - indicated I may need an update on the aircraft - instructed me to restart. I did and got "Remote Controller Weak Signal" ...
After seeing Carl France note which directed me to a video on a process to RELINK the RC and Aircraft ...
Relink was successful ... drone flies ... BUT, I have a message on the DJI GO app indicating the aircraft needs a firmware update ... with a video link, but no download button
I'm guessing the same download that updated the RC might contain what's needed for the aircraft - right?
How do I trigger that to update? or download another copy when the app doesn't prompt me?
thanks, Rock
2017-7-7
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

Carl France Posted at 2017-7-6 23:23

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,!!!

I had the same issue. The update didn't go as described by DJI, I got to the D....D-D but without the green light. Waited a while to be sure, then powered off and on, to be met with the same symptoms. Thought I'd scuppered it and would have to send it away, you are a life/ P3P saver for sharing this.

Happy flying.
2017-7-7
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

CincyRock Posted at 2017-7-7 12:20
Here's a new one ...
Upgrade worked on RC - indicated I may need an update on the aircraft - instructed me to restart. I did and got "Remote Controller Weak Signal" ...
After seeing Carl France note which directed me to a video on a process to RELINK the RC and Aircraft ...

Did you watch the video? All the instructions are in it. Follow the aircraft update procedure as stated, using either a Micro SD card or the cable. It is not in the same download you did, and from what I understand cannot be updated using the app.
2017-7-7
Use props
djlmaec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129774 ft
United States

Is this correct?   

I upgraded the controller with DJI-GO but used the SD card approach for the quad. Only issue seems to be the compass calibration is much more finicky. Took 3 times to calibrate and not near any metal.
2017-7-7
Use props
djlmaec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129774 ft
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-6 22:10
Oh ... I do not do the update. Previous firmware works great flawlessly incliding previous version of Dji GO. I see no benefit of updating. Unless the update make my P3P does like Mavic, as the P4 update then I will certainly do it.

I didn't seem to have a choice. Controller beeped constantly until I updated its firmware. Once I did I had no gimbal control until i updated the quad firmware.
2017-7-7
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

OMG! I thought this update was for Phantom 3 ADV so i d/l it and tried to update my drone now its doing nothing but chirping and scaring away my kittens. (stupid broken glasses) anyway to fix this ?
2017-7-7
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Maritimer Posted at 2017-7-7 14:39
OMG! I thought this update was for Phantom 3 ADV so i d/l it and tried to update my drone now its doing nothing but chirping and scaring away my kittens. (stupid broken glasses) anyway to fix this ?

This thread is for the P3 Pro update.  Try this thread for your P3 Advance;

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2017-7-7
Use props
GBHPhoto
New
Flight distance : 8363 ft
United States

Having some issues after updating the app and software. I also had to relink the control and calibrate the remote controls. I'm getting some sporadic spinning of the p3A and delayed down movement on the camera. This won't work well for smooth video. Any ideas? Need to shoot a video in the morning.
2017-7-7
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Settings and settings. The worst part after an update is that some or most of the personal setting goes out the window, I think it was a bit over a year ago, I was asking for a way to save the settings to a file, and after a update people could just import that file in the app, just to get back their own settings, many said and thought it was a good idea, never the less, I have not seen anything more about it. Sorry to say.

As for myself, I wrote down all of the settings and saved the file in my tablet. :-/
2017-7-8
Use props
fans8b880082
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1601 ft
United States

Ok updated my P3 Advanced I thought successful. Green lights and camera view dine. Getting Gimbal camera roll error on the app now. This was fine till this update.
2017-7-8
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi all, phantom3 pro 1.1100.20 firmware  remote 1.9.2  3.1.13  dji go app   ipad4 mini with the latest software,so everything is up to date with the very latest updates. The only problem i had before the update was with video lag and the only warning i have ever had was vision position sensor land asap. After the update i had to re-link the remote not a problem, then i inserted my first battery and ESC status error came up tried to start the motors and got the restart the aircraft if problem persists contact support, still would not start. Downloaded the new firmware back onto the micro sd card again then tried to reinstall it on the phantom, the first time i got success so it wouldnt start the update again, took the sd card back out formatted it and when i turned the drone on again the ESC status error message was gone?. Charged everything up to 100% and went out to fly, inserted my first battery and everything connected fine waited for the green light ready to fly home point updated and took off, the video was way better than before the update flew it out 700 meters video did refresh a couple of times but did it fast with no lag and not a problem like it was before. Inserted my second battery and got the ESC status error again and motors would not start, turned everything on and off a few times and the message went away and motors started green light home point updated so took off flew right out over 800 meters video still good refreshed a few times but as before fast with no lag good flight with no problems. Third battery inserted and got battery error never had that before ever, turned things on and off a few times message went away, waited for the green light home point updated and took off good flight with no problems or any warnings, video still good, i flew all batteries down to 30%. DJI you have done a great job with the video but whats with all the warning messages i never had before? the phantom flys perfect and all signals are good. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it thinking that might be the problem it made no difference, has anybody got any ideas what might be going on here, DJI has improved the video problem but now there seems to be so many bugs its crazy. Done everything as it should be done what more can you do , only thing ive not done is recalibrate the IMU  and thats because it says it doesnt need to be done, iam right out of ideas anybody including DJI PLEASE HELP because ive run out of things to try.
2017-7-8
Use props
Jeff M
New
Flight distance : 65118 ft
United States

Relinking fixed the red light on the RC issue that I was having. Thanks for those who posted this!!!
2017-7-8
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Jeff M Posted at 2017-7-8 15:17
Relinking fixed the red light on the RC issue that I was having. Thanks for those who posted this!!!

Updated to the latest firmware for the Phantom 3 pro , only issue was ,  I had to re-link the Remote to the phantom . 96000 ft and have never removed the props . Never had a crash .. fingers crossed .. lol
2017-7-8
Use props
RailTime
New
Flight distance : 520171 ft

South Africa

dr_one Posted at 2017-7-6 07:45
Is anyone can help me...
I have a problem with my P3P after it's upgrade with new firmware. The RC is didn't want to connect with the AC, the armlight is off and the P3P sound is very loud..
Is there any solution that i can do to fix this?

Also having major issues. Can't see my camera and keep getting weak signal messages
2017-7-9
Use props
RailTime
New

South Africa

Carl France Posted at 2017-7-6 23:16

mine connecting on and off, did the sync process and still the same issues
2017-7-9
Use props
RailTime
New

South Africa

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-7-8 10:46
Hi all, phantom3 pro 1.1100.20 firmware  remote 1.9.2  3.1.13  dji go app   ipad4 mini with the latest software,so everything is up to date with the very latest updates. The only problem i had before the update was with video lag and the only warning i have ever had was vision position sensor land asap. After the update i had to re-link the remote not a problem, then i inserted my first battery and ESC status error came up tried to start the motors and got the restart the aircraft if problem persists contact support, still would not start. Downloaded the new firmware back onto the micro sd card again then tried to reinstall it on the phantom, the first time i got success so it wouldnt start the update again, took the sd card back out formatted it and when i turned the drone on again the ESC status error message was gone?. Charged everything up to 100% and went out to fly, inserted my first battery and everything connected fine waited for the green light ready to fly home point updated and took off, the video was way better than before the update flew it out 700 meters video did refresh a couple of times but did it fast with no lag and not a problem like it was before. Inserted my second battery and got the ESC status error again and motors would not start, turned everything on and off a few times and the message went away and motors started green light home point updated so took off flew right out over 800 meters video still good refreshed a few times but as before fast with no lag good flight with no problems. Third battery inserted and got battery error never had that before ever, turned things on and off a few times message went away, waited for the green light home point updated and took off good flight with no problems or any warnings, video still good, i flew all batteries down to 30%. DJI you have done a great job with the video but whats with all the warning messages i never had before? the phantom flys perfect and all signals are good. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it thinking that might be the problem it made no difference, has anybody got any ideas what might be going on here, DJI has improved the video problem but no there seems to be so many bugs its crazy. Done everything as it should be done what more can you do , only thing ive not done is recalibrate the IMU  and thats because it says it doesnt need to be done, iam right out of ideas anybody including DJI PLEASE HELP because ive run out of things to try.

damn scary this upgrade, so many of us with the same issue and no solutions
2017-7-9
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Why did all of you update? There is no reason to take a perfectly good operating quad and muddy it up with an update that has obvious issues. I'll stick to the last update I did when DJI said they were no longer supporting the P3 series 6 months ago. I did update to the latest version at that point 6 months ago and it flies great. Now I get a notice before flight that I must update my firmware on both RC and AC. I ignore it and fly, on what I KNOW works.  Save yourself the grief.  
2017-7-9
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
United States

fans8b880082 Posted at 2017-7-8 04:18
Ok updated my P3 Advanced I thought successful. Green lights and camera view dine. Getting Gimbal camera roll error on the app now. This was fine till this update.

This sort of information after the update is why I am NEVER going to update my RC or AC past the latest version (6 months ago)  when DJI proclaimed they were no longer supporting the P3 series. The only reason they released an update after saying they were NOT going to, is the fact they want to tighten the noose on the NFZ. Leave us alone DJI. We bought the stinking quad from you to fly it, not to have you involved in the process other than warranty and repair.
2017-7-9
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
United States

Why are you offering this update after saying 6 months ago, that you were not supporting the p3 series anymore? I smell a rat.
(this question is for anyone at DJI who would like to bring us up to speed on the update..... Doubt we will here back from you)
2017-7-9
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Well... one major reason, if I am correct, before this firmware, you are able to fly the quad without mobile device connected and there is no range limit control with this. You may fly P3x as far as it can go and for whatever reason if you lost your sight with the drone that is where the trouble begin. Dji Go does help the pilot know the status of the aircraft. To prevent any trouble that may happen, Dji limits flying their drones without app to the range that you can clearly see and take whatever necessary action in time of trouble. That is the intention of this update. But....did they test it well before releasing the firmware. For me, I have never ever fly my drone without app. So this update is not necessary for safety enhancement.
2017-7-9
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules