Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Studio54
New
Flight distance : 283793 ft
United Kingdom

Dear DJI

Im encouraged that this firmware has come.  I have the Nvidia K1 Shield and since you moved to Go App 4, it repeatedly crashes during flight.  in fact it crashed twice during my PfCO flight test and I had to land.
Myself being in the technology sector for 30 years and working for Samsung, Panasonic and Toshiba, find it a bit poor, that you are not entirely responsive to end users.  Im hoping you prove me wrong, but please fully test the firmware first, otherwise commercial pilots will simply not upgrade.

2017-7-14
Use props
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

I'm getting a message saying  bad atom errors when I try to playback footage for editing, I changed SD cards and still same problems , this is unacceptable we pay to much money for problems like this to be ignored
2017-7-14
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

Since firmware update
1/IMU calibrate warning every single start up
2/Weak transmission signal warning even at close distances (my 1 acre back yard)
3/Sudden transmission feed loss blank screen
4/jerky unstable flight
5/sudden gimbal malfunction switching to weird side angle

have reset both controller and P4 , reinstalled updates still the same issues- none of these issues were present day prior to firmware update.
2017-7-14
Use props
Fishy
lvl.1
United States

Beginner here but was able to perform the updates with minimal fuss....the DJI assistant was not functioning at first but we seemed to be able to bumble through that. R/C and AC updated fairly quickly. I was very nervous about this as I run a Nvidia Shield as my display device and was having the video disconnect that so many others were also experiencing. What made me nervous was that I had basically thrown in the towel on my phantom and gone out and bought a Typhoon H.....which I love....until the night before I was flying to Alaska, 2 of my batteries would not charge!?!?!? So in a bit of a panic I went online and discovered the new firmware.....figuring that I would be no worse off if I ran the firmware and it didn't work as to have 2 dead batteries with no charging ability. Got through the updates, did a quick link up and all looked good (no flying...no time). Packed it all up and got on the plane......got to Dutch Harbor and unpacked it all and started flying.......pleasantly surprised that all seems to be working well. Flying in an area with lots of interference (very large steel building, Steel hulled vessel, lots of UHF and VHF radio, Lots of close proximity to active S and X band radars, power plant etc....). Launched from the deck of the boats (with an compass calibration error....most likely due to the steel hull, steel deck etc) compass error cleared at about 10 feet up. Flew several batteries and took a bit of video and stills....no issues. Did it again yesterday same results though had a few "High Wind warnings"....but guess what, yes it was a bit windy! Chased one of my boats through the pass that was headed into a 15 knot wind and she was doing about 12 knots......could barely made ground on her....oh well it was windy! Tried again in the afternoon and did have 1 video disconnect, but resolved quickly so no harm, no foul. Flew just once today, a bit breezy but no issues.
2017-7-14
Use props
Micheal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128625 ft
Singapore

I upgradedthe firmware using DJI assistant. After reboot RC wouldn't connect to the aircraft  The LED was oscillating red and green. I was using my iPad mini  with Go 4. Opened advanced settings and saw that TC version was 1.8.0 clicked on check for date nothing showed up tried rebootingbthe RC a couple of times . On each reboot a loot of beeps sounded and LED oscillating rapidly between Green and red. Tried re installing the upgrade without any success. I then connected the RC to my iPhone 6 plus and the app said RC needed an upgrade. Downloaded via the app . It now connects. Strange that the app on the iPad couldn't find an update. It was connected to internet. Just thought I'd share in case any one else has an issue
2017-7-14
Use props
Spark3mac
New
United States

I did the fireware update to the aircraft and the controller.  The issue that I am having is that the aircraft will only go 100 feet high and 100feet away from me.  I have the distance setting set to the settings.  Just looking for some insite what I might have done wrong or what I can do to fix this distance problem.  Thanks
2017-7-14
Use props
fans77f46220
New

Switzerland

Firmware 02.00.0106 problems after update... my phantom 4 flight behaviour changed from stable to very nervous and sometimes dangerous because of the aggressive movements.! Tried everything what i could find on this forum and youtube but its clear the firmware is the cause... how can a great company like DJI bring out this kind of defective firmware version..!! https://youtu.be/v__Speb-H70 check out my video and turn up the volume the motors sound is terrible when the P4 starts bucking
2017-7-15
Use props
fans77f46220
New

Switzerland

https://youtu.be/v__Speb-H70
2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans77f46220 Posted at 2017-7-15 01:46

Click on the 'advanced' tab in edit mode, then 'Video'

2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spark3mac Posted at 2017-7-14 21:33
I did the fireware update to the aircraft and the controller.  The issue that I am having is that the aircraft will only go 100 feet high and 100feet away from me.  I have the distance setting set to the settings.  Just looking for some insite what I might have done wrong or what I can do to fix this distance problem.  Thanks

With all connected and powered up (And display device with good wifi connection), log into your account in DJI Go 4. Or if already logged in try logging out and then back in. There is an initial sign in needed to deactivate that 30, 50m limitation.
2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishy Posted at 2017-7-14 20:58
Beginner here but was able to perform the updates with minimal fuss....the DJI assistant was not functioning at first but we seemed to be able to bumble through that. R/C and AC updated fairly quickly. I was very nervous about this as I run a Nvidia Shield as my display device and was having the video disconnect that so many others were also experiencing. What made me nervous was that I had basically thrown in the towel on my phantom and gone out and bought a Typhoon H.....which I love....until the night before I was flying to Alaska, 2 of my batteries would not charge!?!?!? So in a bit of a panic I went online and discovered the new firmware.....figuring that I would be no worse off if I ran the firmware and it didn't work as to have 2 dead batteries with no charging ability. Got through the updates, did a quick link up and all looked good (no flying...no time). Packed it all up and got on the plane......got to Dutch Harbor and unpacked it all and started flying.......pleasantly surprised that all seems to be working well. Flying in an area with lots of interference (very large steel building, Steel hulled vessel, lots of UHF and VHF radio, Lots of close proximity to active S and X band radars, power plant etc....). Launched from the deck of the boats (with an compass calibration error....most likely due to the steel hull, steel deck etc) compass error cleared at about 10 feet up. Flew several batteries and took a bit of video and stills....no issues. Did it again yesterday same results though had a few "High Wind warnings"....but guess what, yes it was a bit windy! Chased one of my boats through the pass that was headed into a 15 knot wind and she was doing about 12 knots......could barely made ground on her....oh well it was windy! Tried again in the afternoon and did have 1 video disconnect, but resolved quickly so no harm, no foul. Flew just once today, a bit breezy but no issues.

A possible work around for video disconnect is to reduce resolution from 4k @ 30 fps. Try 1080P if that is suitable for your needs.
2017-7-15
Use props
djiuser_xHiEeyk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2549954 ft
South Africa

Successfully updated my Phantom 4 a few days ago and happy so far. I really like the precision landings. Only issues : The high winds warning is somewhat too intrusive and comes up too often, even sometimes in calm conditions. Also, I cannot get the way point feature to work. I always get a 'failed to upload waypoints' warning. Other than that, great update. My P4 is an absolute joy to fly.
2017-7-15
Use props
havrosh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

fans77f46220 Posted at 2017-7-15 01:46

Hi, I have the same fw in my P4 and I have seen problems like this.

I have only experienced gimbal issue. Gimbal moves to the right landing gear and slowly returns back.
2017-7-15
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

Mine is unflyable with new firmware. Thanks dji.
2017-7-15
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I ran into a few issues after installing the firmware update and doing all the calibrations. First the motors are not running smoothly. They are making a rrr-rrr-rrr noise as the drone flies. A few times it stabilized and made the normal smooth sound it used to make before the update. This is definitely firmware related as I had flown my P4 not long before and it did not have this issue. In sport mode I don't think it is flying as fast as before. Was going 35 MPH which is really low and there was very little wind. I suspect that the uneven motor issue is causing the max speed to be lower. Third when after I landed the motors felt hotter than usual. This is subjective but I don't remember them being slightly painful to touch before and I have handled the drone a lot in all kinds of situations. Again the uneven motors are probably at fault with all the ramping up and down in RPMs. Is there any solution to make the motor RMPs smooth like before the update? As it stands my sleek wonderful Phantom 4 sounds exactly like a Phantom 2. The video posted above is very similar to what I am seeing so this obviously affects many P4s if not all of them.

At one point in the flight there was an interruption in the video feed due to obstruction through trees. The recording stopped and I was looking at a still shot of one of the legs (the camera must have turned hard to the right and down). The camera was in still photo mode. I put it back into video mode and started recording again. This seems like the issue others have reported with the recording stopping.

Overall I would say that I am very worried about this update. I think that it will shorten the life of my drone greatly with the uneven RPMs and hotter motors. How do we downgrade to the previous firmware?
2017-7-15
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-7-15 18:14
I ran into a few issues after installing the firmware update and doing all the calibrations. First the motors are not running smoothly. They are making a rrr-rrr-rrr noise as the drone flies. A few times it stabilized and made the normal smooth sound it used to make before the update. This is definitely firmware related as I had flown my P4 not long before and it did not have this issue. In sport mode I don't think it is flying as fast as before. Was going 35 MPH which is really low and there was very little wind. I suspect that the uneven motor issue is causing the max speed to be lower. Third when after I landed the motors felt hotter than usual. This is subjective but I don't remember them being slightly painful to touch before and I have handled the drone a lot in all kinds of situations. Again the uneven motors are probably at fault with all the ramping up and down in RPMs. Is there any solution to make the motor RMPs smooth like before the update? As it stands my sleek wonderful Phantom 4 sounds exactly like a Phantom 2. The video posted above is very similar to what I am seeing so this obviously affects many P4s if not all of them.

At one point in the flight there was an interruption in the video feed due to obstruction through trees. The recording stopped and I was looking at a still shot of one of the legs (the camera must have turned hard to the right and down). The camera was in still photo mode. I put it back into video mode and started recording again. This seems like the issue others have reported with the recording stopping.

I thought the same thing my p4 is now sounding and behaving like a p2 I am also worried the apparent motor overworking inconsistency is going to burn out a motor and shorten the life of the P2, DJI customer service is rubbish a detailed request got a response with details of how to update the firmware, wTf the firmware caused the problems , customer service don't speak English ,  last drone I buy from DJI , they aren't even working on a solution , I'm back to an inferior drone from a competitor but at least I can still film in 4K with it,
2017-7-15
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-15 19:09
I thought the same thing my p4 is now sounding and behaving like a p2 I am also worried the apparent motor overworking inconsistency is going to burn out a motor and shorten the life of the P2, DJI customer service is rubbish a detailed request got a response with details of how to update the firmware, wTf the firmware caused the problems , customer service don't speak English ,  last drone I buy from DJI , they aren't even working on a solution , I'm back to an inferior drone from a competitor but at least I can still film in 4K with it,

I also have most of the other issues gimbal, imu, transmission cut off that others are experiencing- firmware was updated exactly as instructed, phantom and controller both reset and firmware reinstalled several times , no change - still having problems , IMU issues, no more smooth Flight flys like a P2, motors sound overworked struggling in various stages of flight, gimbal shoots off to weird side angle and lose transmission if filming in 4K, - and the solution of not filming on 4K is not a solution I didn't buy a drone that can film in 4K so I could not film in 4K , I was happy with my p4 previously and had minimal issues but when you use the drone commercially these issues where customer service is non existent and legitimate concerns and faults have no actual response or fix , the best you can get is some idiot on a community forum that didn't have any problems with the update telling you and everyone else that it's obviously your fault and DJI never do anything wrong and their drones and firmware are perfect, surely the Chinese guys are having the same issues, DJI please give us the downgrade to previous  controller and phantom 4 firmware.
2017-7-15
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16
Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap

You need to update your RC firmware and than restart both the aircraft and remote controller and you are good to go
2017-7-16
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

djiuser_xHiEeyk Posted at 2017-7-15 05:44
Successfully updated my Phantom 4 a few days ago and happy so far. I really like the precision landings. Only issues : The high winds warning is somewhat too intrusive and comes up too often, even sometimes in calm conditions. Also, I cannot get the way point feature to work. I always get a 'failed to upload waypoints' warning. Other than that, great update. My P4 is an absolute joy to fly.

Same here! It's much better with the new firmware without any problems. I didn't calibrate anything, just updated and flying
2017-7-16
Use props
filippog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

Considerare le risposte contrastanti dovute all'installazione errata del nuovo fw.
Molti installano solo il firmware dell'aeromobile ignorando quello di RC mentre altri calibro bad Imu e bussola. Ho esaminato tutto il resto del modo indeciso se aggiorno, rimandando i miglioramenti per il momento. Io sostengo che il mio Ph4 non ha nessun problema ed è efficiente in tutto.
Mi scuso per il mio cattivo inglese.
Grateful to those who want to give a hint
2017-7-16
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
United States

If you remember the thread where beta testers of this firmware stopped getting updates months ago and were stuck with the half finished version, it is clear that DJI has not done enough beta testing on the final version and pushed it out the door in its current state to satisfy their need to prevent hackers from modifying the previous firmware. The new firmware makes my P4 fly like garbage. If it had flown this way when it was new, I would have returned it for a refund. There is no way DJI did the proper amount of testing.

I flew my P4 again today after calibrating the controller (missed that one last time) and recalibrating the IMU several times. For some reason when I first start up the drone before the IMU has warmed up, I get the message saying "IMU Requires Calibration" right after I have calibrated it. The message goes away once the IMU has warmed up though so this may just be a first time thing following calibration.

I still get the uneven RPM/bucking issue I and many others have reported. I did my best to record video on my cell phone which is tricky to do when flying. If anyone from DJI would like my logs or the video, please let me know.
2017-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

filippog Posted at 2017-7-16 08:49
Considerare le risposte contrastanti dovute all'installazione errata del nuovo fw.
Molti installano solo il firmware dell'aeromobile ignorando quello di RC mentre altri calibro bad Imu e bussola. Ho esaminato tutto il resto del modo indeciso se aggiorno, rimandando i miglioramenti per il momento. Io sostengo che il mio Ph4 non ha nessun problema ed è efficiente in tutto.
Mi scuso per il mio cattivo inglese.

Se il tuo drone funziona correttamente, ti consiglierei di NON fare gli aggiornamenti. Ci sono molte persone che hanno subito problemi dopo l'aggiornamento. Tenere ciò che funziona meglio. Non mi aggiornerò, poiché in questo momento ho poco o nessun problema con la mia attrezzatura.

Mi dispiace non parliamo Italiano
2017-7-16
Use props
GNB
New
United States

When upgrading the firmware, be SURE to update the DJI-GO App and controller as well.  I initially had a GPS fence of about 100 feet up and sideways till I upgraded EVERYTHING....
2017-7-16
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-7-16 10:25
If you remember the thread where beta testers of this firmware stopped getting updates months ago and were stuck with the half finished version, it is clear that DJI has not done enough beta testing on the final version and pushed it out the door in its current state to satisfy their need to prevent hackers from modifying the previous firmware. The new firmware makes my P4 fly like garbage. If it had flown this way when it was new, I would have returned it for a refund. There is no way DJI did the proper amount of testing.

I flew my P4 again today after calibrating the controller (missed that one last time) and recalibrating the IMU several times. For some reason when I first start up the drone before the IMU has warmed up, I get the message saying "IMU Requires Calibration" right after I have calibrated it. The message goes away once the IMU has warmed up though so this may just be a first time thing following calibration.

Please share your logs regardless of whether or not someone from DJI requests them. The more data we can push their way to emphasise how serious the problem is, the greater chance we have of getting a fix some time in 2017
2017-7-16
Use props
filippog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-7-16 10:53
Se il tuo drone funziona correttamente, ti consiglierei di NON fare gli aggiornamenti. Ci sono molte persone che hanno subito problemi dopo l'aggiornamento. Tenere ciò che funziona meglio. Non mi aggiornerò, poiché in questo momento ho poco o nessun problema con la mia attrezzatura.

Mi dispiace non parliamo Italiano

will wait to upgrade. Best to avoid problems.
Thank you for your suggestion

2017-7-16
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-7-16 10:25

The entire scenario with this latest firmware release defies belief.   It is clear that DJI did not adequately test the P4 firmware prior to its release. In all likelihood, the firmware was copied from the P4A and did not take into account some subtle differences in chipsets or tolerances etc.
The release of this firmware appears to have ignored all generally accepted software development best practices for testing, release and, more importantly, roll back in the event of failure. In almost 40 years of IT development and support, I cannot think of a single instance where the companies I worked for did not have a fall back plan in the event that a software or hardware change was problematic.
I have no doubt that the DJI developers already know exactly what is causing the instability issues.

As with all these issues, the inability for many of us to fly our drones following the update is a major inconvenience (at the very least) but what's  even worse is the typical silence from DJI.
A couple of requests for logs but no acknowledgement that the problem even exists or when we might expect a fix. With an issue of this scale, DJI should have developers working all weekend on a fix and should be keeping its customers informed of exactly what is being done about it. Of course, we know from past experiences that this is not the way that DJI works.  Secrecy, stealth and total silence is the order of the day.
I have great sympathy for the DJI reps in this forum. I'm sure that several of them must  be very frustrated at being told that they can't divulge any relevant information about the issues to readers. In fact, I very much doubt that the development team even makes the status known to the reps. I think this is typical of many relatively new, inexperienced Chinese companies where the factory makes all the marketing and support decisions, generally with production considerations taking a much higher profile that marketing or support. We were recently told that efforts were being made to open up and make DJI more responsive to its customers. I would have thought that this particular issue would have been a great opportunity to put that  commitment to the test but, it seems that's not going to happen.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans885f1c00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438402 ft
France

fans77f46220 Posted at 2017-7-15 01:45
Firmware 02.00.0106 problems after update... my phantom 4 flight behaviour changed from stable to very nervous and sometimes dangerous because of the aggressive movements.! Tried everything what i could find on this forum and youtube but its clear the firmware is the cause... how can a great company like DJI bring out this kind of defective firmware version..!!  https://youtu.be/v__Speb-H70 check out my video and turn up the volume the motors sound is terrible when the P4 starts bucking

Yeah !!! I'm from France and i have exactly same problem since firmware update !!!

When i fly in GPS Mode, instability and it's as under big wind...!!! But without wind ....

And it's not possible to downgrade at Old version :-/

-----

J'ai exactement le meme problème ici en France, le drone est très instable et il se comporte comme si il y'avait beaucoup de vent... Exactement comme sur cette vidéo !!

J'éspère que DJI va bientôt sortir un correctif :-/
2017-7-17
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-16 13:14
Please share your logs regardless of whether or not someone from DJI requests them. The more data we can push their way to emphasise how serious the problem is, the greater chance we have of getting a fix some time in 2017

I would but it will take me a while to figure out how to do that. If DJI requests them, I will do it. Otherwise I presume I have the same issues everyone else is having and they already have ample log files including their own. These issues are not difficult to reproduce. They are in the "this always happens" category.

@DJI how about releasing some open source firmware that automatically voids the warranty if you use and releases DJI from all responsibility?
2017-7-17
Use props
Riker
New

Poland

One year ago I’ve bought Phantom 4. Two days ago I’ve upgraded firmware to newest version. Before upgrade drone was flying without issues. Unfortunately after upgrade there are serious malfunctions. The drone is practically inoperable.

The most important issues:
After several seconds in air there is “broken” connection (video) error message on tab. The app reports weak transmission signal warning. The signal strength indicators (both control and video link channels) are full, but in a moment there is blank screen instead of normal image. In this moment recording stops and does not resume automatically. Then (very often) gimbal moves to strange position – view on landing leg or red position light. When it happens sometimes it slowly goes back to its correct position, sometimes I have to land and restart to correct camera position. These issues occur even when drone flies few meters from me!
The other problems are: IMU calibrate warning, sudden, unexpected rapid movements even in just hovering. Communicates about strong wind even when there is practically no wind.

Before upgrade drone was flying fine in various weather, even when there was strong wind there were no problems at all! Yesterday the weather was lovely, and I had plenty problems mentioned above.
DJI have released crappy firmware which is completely untested and makes many problems – not just me, a lot of people have reported this same issues. And despite this reports DJI don’t care. DJI are pretend that there is no problem! They are unable to admit to make mistake. This is f****ng joke not serious company!

I have paid a lot of money – not to have a drone to working as child toy from dollarstoe.

Short clip showing one of problems:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c3f9so0gar05er1/new_fw_problem.mov
2017-7-17
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44521 ft
Russia

In my Phantom 4 also has problems with the camera and gimbal. Support DJI recommends that you reset the settings to factory. Of course, this recommendation doesn't help. Go back to the previous firmware is impossible. DJI did all the Phantom owners 4 their hostages, this is very bad. So should not behave such a big company like DJI is very bad for the reputation!
2017-7-17
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44521 ft
Russia

P&S Problems with the camera and gimbal appear only in the NTSC 4K 30FPS. In PAL mode, 25FPS 4K, Phantom 4 works well.
2017-7-17
Use props
Patager
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61437 ft
United Kingdom

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16
Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap

I have just found a chance to do this update and it's screwed me too - Have you managed to solve the problems?

I have Big problems myself - Flashing Green/red controller. Massive frequency interference message, cannot connect to app correctly - Plus after 1 hour with DJI on their helpline I am still no closer to getting things sorted. The app says update but I have done that  - thats where I went wrong I think?
2017-7-18
Use props
Patager
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61437 ft
United Kingdom

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 06:26
Means you need a controller update.  Follow red status area to do this...then power both down and restart.

Seems this may be my problem too?!  But the red update message in the app does not do anything. I press and it shows an image to put the wire into the P4 - when I unplug the controller to do so - nothing happens? Current status....   - Flashing Green/red controller. Massive frequency interference message, cannot connect to app correctly - Plus after 1 hour with DJI on their helpline I am still no closer to getting things sorted.I have no info on the controller about the serial number etc on the "about" button. And whats with the interference? Any advice this...... please? Tempted to send it off and have it done for me
2017-7-18
Use props
fansfec5069e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 656811 ft
Lithuania

Also having problems since firmware update. not safe to fly it. After using third party  panorama maker  in controlling  quadcopter , after its done there is no respond in manual yaw control. It does not matter where is mode switch or dji go 4 show no problems. Only after enabling RTH and  canceling it I have full control again.  Also when powered up,  gimbal  normally goes  to center, after few seconds it starts to drift (even if dji go 4 shows IMU is ready)  and eventually after 10 more seconds slowlly  goes to center.  all sensors calibrated.  Before update it was perfect quad.
2017-7-18
Use props
Eye Spy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531467 ft
Canada

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-7-9 12:13
In the field now testing my Phantom 4 after updating firmware to 2.00.0106, performing cold IMU calibration at home on level granite counter, then performing gimbal calibration, and RC stick calibration. Today at site, Inperformed a compass calibration.  

Testing going very well so far with one exception. Getting very stable hover and flight performance - no signs of intermittent "bucking" behavior reported by a few others in this forum post. I strongly advise that anyone having flight stability issues perform an IMU calibration as the IMU calibration procedure is now the same as for the P4Pro, where you tilt the aircraft on its legs 45 degrees left, right, forward, backward and, finally, completely upside-down resting on the prop motors. Ask yourself - If you don't do an IMU calibration, what default calibration values are stored for all these aircraft positions???

I have the same issue with precision landing
2017-7-18
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Ok, I am a 63 year old, analog guy in a digital world.  That being said I followed DJI support instructions to the letter.  The main thing is to make sure all your apps. and electronics are up to date.  using the latest version is important I think.  But anyway I did the F W update, calibrated everything, and took it out for a test drive and had NO PROBLEMS.  So if I can do it I think everyone in this forum can do it. Sometimes it is easy to make a mountain  out of a mole hill.  
2017-7-18
Use props
Eye Spy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531467 ft
Canada

Precision Landing doesn't seem to be available.... Everything else seems to work well, although it didn't want to land (landing protection) on a flat level paved driveway surface...
2017-7-18
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-7-18 09:11
Ok, I am a 63 year old, analog guy in a digital world.  That being said I followed DJI support instructions to the letter.  The main thing is to make sure all your apps. and electronics are up to date.  using the latest version is important I think.  But anyway I did the F W update, calibrated everything, and took it out for a test drive and had NO PROBLEMS.  So if I can do it I think everyone in this forum can do it. Sometimes it is easy to make a mountain  out of a mole hill.

Sounds promising for me, only 56 :-)
2017-7-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfec5069e Posted at 2017-7-18 02:33
Also having problems since firmware update. not safe to fly it. After using third party  panorama maker  in controlling  quadcopter , after its done there is no respond in manual yaw control. It does not matter where is mode switch or dji go 4 show no problems. Only after enabling RTH and  canceling it I have full control again.  Also when powered up,  gimbal  normally goes  to center, after few seconds it starts to drift (even if dji go 4 shows IMU is ready)  and eventually after 10 more seconds slowlly  goes to center.  all sensors calibrated.  Before update it was perfect quad.

"After using third party  panorama maker  in controlling  quadcopter , after its done there is no respond in manual yaw control. It does not matter where is mode switch or dji go 4 show no problems"

Should you not be sending a report to the third party software publisher asking them why it is misbehaving ?

"Also when powered up,  gimbal  normally goes  to center, after few seconds it starts to drift (even if dji go 4 shows IMU is ready)  and eventually after 10 more seconds slowlly  goes to center. "

If this happens immediately on powering up then this is it's normal startup 'self test' routine. I normally wait until that has completed (about 20 seconds or so) before powering up RC and running DJI Go 4.
2017-7-18
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Håkan K Posted at 2017-7-18 09:17
Sounds promising for me, only 56 :-)

Just had my P4 out for the first time since updating the latest firmware, ran 3 battery's through and everything  looks good. Tried new intelligent modes  while recording  them and there working fine. No high wind warning or imu cal. What I did to update  was, RC first through DJI go 4 followed by update Drone also through the go 4 app , IMU calibration, didn't touch DJI assistant 2 to  update  anything.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules