New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5259 ft
United States

Going past 6 weeks is way too long!!! Official Rollback or Buyback!
2017-8-18
Use props
redhoticaro
New
Italy

Hi,
I have a problem.
While updating the controller firmware from my phone I've accidentally disconnected the cable and now it stays with White led and doesn't connect. Is there a way ti reset the controller and update again the firmware?
2017-8-20
Use props
Anthony Dias
lvl.1
Brazil

My Phantom 4 is very unstable since july update. Throws itself back and forth for no apparent reason. It flights unstable and made it a totally unsatisfactory update for me as well.
I calibrated everything, did a factory reset, but it still looks bad. I´m very disappointed, cause it was flying very well before the update! And as I see, there´s so many people with the same problem. When will they throw a new update to fix it ?
2017-8-21
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Anthony Dias Posted at 2017-8-21 05:48
My Phantom 4 is very unstable since july update. Throws itself back and forth for no apparent reason. It flights unstable and made it a totally unsatisfactory update for me as well.
I calibrated everything, did a factory reset, but it still looks bad. I´m very disappointed, cause it was flying very well before the update! And as I see, there´s so many people with the same problem. When will they throw a new update to fix it ?

Where have you been Mr. Dias?
2017-8-21
Use props
Anthony Dias
lvl.1
Brazil

ATJ Posted at 2017-8-21 06:22
Where have you been Mr. Dias?

Right here. But the solution seems to be far away. And some of us use the drone to work. And almost two months without solution, does not seem reasonable. Ah ?
2017-8-21
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

I just downgraded back to 602 which was the one prior to this update. Haven't flown yet but I couldn't fly it with the new version 106 since it flew so erratically. Mine flew perfectly before I did the last update so I'm sure it'll be back to flying correctly now. Update: Back to normal. Flew perfectly as it did before the update.
2017-8-21
Use props
marpir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14908 ft

Portugal

I'm going to explain what i want to say in my poor and rusted English:-
2017-8-21
Use props
marpir
lvl.2

Portugal

I did all the updates without problems, but now sometimes the RTH doesn't work well, too many interferences on communicatios and on the video. Mário Pires
2017-8-21
Use props
marpir
lvl.2

Portugal

marpir Posted at 2017-8-21 19:53
I did all the updates without problems, but now sometimes the RTH doesn't work well, too many interferences on communicatios and on the video. Mário Pires

Instead to return to Home Point the Drone lands where it is. The vídeo capture has many intereferences and bad quality.
2017-8-21
Use props
fans29c178c8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5441411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had any luck with P4 standard fixing the wobble and horrible flight characteristics after this last update? My bucks and wobbles and almost falls out of the sky.... Cannot figure out how to downgrade......... PLEASE HELP DJI...
2017-8-23
Use props
Flynet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24583 ft
Poland

Also have problems with newest firmware update. It shakes much forward and backward, stronger when descending. Very unstable flight and shows compass errors all the time. Turns into ATTI mode automatically when 19 satellites available. Nearly crashed my drone after update. Can I have my money back for the Phantom 4 drone after terrible firmware update DJI?
2017-8-23
Use props
mM6jSaE8C2mK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57697 ft
United States

Please FIX THIS DJI!  It has been over 6 weeks and still nothing!  I am seeing all these updates for Spark and the Mavic, yet us Phantom 4 standard users are still grounded.  I just wish you would allow us to downgrade to previous firmware until you got this fixed.  It's just not right.  
2017-8-23
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

mM6jSaE8C2mK Posted at 2017-8-23 14:05
Please FIX THIS DJI!  It has been over 6 weeks and still nothing!  I am seeing all these updates for Spark and the Mavic, yet us Phantom 4 standard users are still grounded.  I just wish you would allow us to downgrade to previous firmware until you got this fixed.  It's just not right.

These days visiting the forums is a little like Groundhog Day.
2017-8-23
Use props
DMI
New
United States

Same problem, unreliable since update. Compass errors all the time, erratic flight, flyaways, failure to RTH... Prior to update, perfect flight characteristics and zero compass errors. I fly professionally daily.
2017-8-24
Use props
DMI
New
United States

DJI, please provide instructions in this thread for reverting firmware back to prior version.
2017-8-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 573054 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-23 15:17
These days visiting the forums is a little like Groundhog Day.

Haha. Yeah, but if it Was Groundhog Day I'd at least know how to ice sculpt or play the piano by now - whereas all *I* wake up to each day is an unreliable Phantom 4...

[Yep - a clear film reference there ;-) ]
2017-8-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 573054 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DMI Posted at 2017-8-24 14:56
DJI, please provide instructions in this thread for reverting firmware back to prior version.

There are no instructions for this. DJI do not support this action. I suggest you Google this, as there is a free third-party mechanism to do it. See confirmation at post #444 above.
2017-8-24
Use props
FetalDump
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hey there!

I have a huge problem with my RC and really do not know what to do…
Some time ago i have updated my copters firmware and it was stucked on 99% for almost 1 hour.
Then i rebooted devices (copter and rc), so my installation was corrupted.

So i Installed copter firmware via usb cable and assistant 2, no copter is fine.

BUT NOW i have problems with my RC:
- i cant update RC firmware using assistant or dji app.
- i cant see firmware version via dji app on iphone/ipad (everything is nulled)
- i cant pair RC and copter

Is there any other way to update/reset my RC?
2017-8-24
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

FetalDump Posted at 2017-8-24 22:18
Hey there!

The exact same thing happened to me. The solution ended up sending both the RC and Phantom 4 back to DJI. They sent me back another RC and another Phantom 4. These had the old firmware installed and worked fine . I have since upgraded these units to the latest firmware and guess what? It flies great I have not noticed any issues as of yet.
Best of luck sorting it out.
2017-8-25
Use props
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

My max flight distance is limited to a very short distance after the update. Can somebody give me a step by step instruction on how to fix this? I use an Ipad mini 2. Also, why is my radio signal often times poor when it wasn't before the update? What to do about that?
2017-8-26
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi DJI
WHEN IS THE FIRMWARE GOING TO BE FIXED????????????????
2017-8-29
Use props
fans9e3156d0
lvl.1

Switzerland

FetalDump Posted at 2017-8-24 22:18
Hey there!

Did you solve this? My RC switches on immediately (no need to press the power twice), wants to fall back to the "old" app on the tablet and now thinks that I am connected to an Inspire 1, even though I have a P4 which is not even switched on
The C1+C2+Shutter does not create any reaction either
2017-8-29
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

fans9e3156d0 Posted at 2017-8-29 06:28
Did you solve this? My RC switches on immediately (no need to press the power twice), wants to fall back to the "old" app on the tablet and now thinks that I am connected to an Inspire 1, even though I have a P4 which is not even switched on
The C1+C2+Shutter does not create any reaction either

try pressing the three lines  on top of app for about 10 seconds. The ones that enter the acadamy. You should then get a firmware update option for RC
2017-8-29
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Only issues I had with the update is a very small buck when fying away from wind. And sometimes get a Double startup tone of the ESCS. No issues with being totally unstable. Havent flown for a while now though. As weather been a bit windy here recently.
2017-8-29
Use props
greg359
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233812 ft
United States

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-14 20:29
Since firmware update
1/IMU calibrate warning every single start up
2/Weak transmission signal warning even at close distances (my 1 acre back yard)

EXACT same issue for me.  Refreshing the aircraft firmware made it SLIGHTLY better.  Video doesn't cut out as frequently when 15 feet away from me, but still cuts out on every flight and gimbal jumps up and to the side.  I've manually downgraded (and in the process almost bricked) my controller - once I got it back to newest version I still had the same problem.

The only temporary solution that has worked is setting the camera to PAL.  It doesn't seem to matter the resolution. The huge drawback is that the resolution / clarity on my iphone 7 and ipad pro are horrible.  It's much harder to fly when you can't make out objects on the screen...

To be clear, every NTSC resolution / framerate I've tried (even low ones) has video loss and gimbal crashing.  On any PAL video mode resolution, it does not have this issue.

Regardless of video mode the flight is much less stable than before.  Hovering used to look smooth, even in a slight wind.  Now, even with no wind when you watch the drone hover, it looks very "sloppy",

DJI Support as always has been no help. After 6 weeks of trying to get someone to help me, they're leaving it as "send the aircraft in".  But it just seems like a software issue since it worked PERFECTLY the day before the update, and started acting up IMMEDIATELY after the firmware upgrade in July.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I send it in?  Oh, and it anyone bricks their controller by downgrading the firmware too far and then it doesn't see the newer versions anymore, just let me know and I can provide steps so you don't need to send it in.
2017-8-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

greg359 Posted at 2017-8-31 04:31
EXACT same issue for me.  Refreshing the aircraft firmware made it SLIGHTLY better.  Video doesn't cut out as frequently when 15 feet away from me, but still cuts out on every flight and gimbal jumps up and to the side.  I've manually downgraded (and in the process almost bricked) my controller - once I got it back to newest version I still had the same problem.

The only temporary solution that has worked is setting the camera to PAL.  It doesn't seem to matter the resolution.  The huge drawback is that the resolution / clarity on my iphone 7 and ipad pro are horrible.  It's much harder to fly when you can't make out objects on the screen...

You've refreshed the firmware, but try a factory reset and camera settings reset (in DJI Go 4, camera settings menu). There is a small chance that may help. Also you could try uninstalling DJI Go 4 and doing a clean install. I've not seen many reports (if any) on iPhone 7 displaying things badly.
2017-8-31
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5259 ft
United States

8 Weeks today, Nothing from DJI except fraud and deception!

Like to see a Recall/Buyback so I could be done with DJI!!
2017-8-31
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hi people with the same problems like I had after the update
there is a third party software which can downgrade to the older firmware
it flies like a dream again
just to remember to flash it 2 times (the first time the vps is not working)
there is a tread with all the files you need
so dont fly unsafe but flash it 2 times back to the best firmware for the ph4 0602
2017-9-1
Use props
greg359
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233812 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-31 04:47
You've refreshed the firmware, but try a factory reset and camera settings reset (in DJI Go 4, camera settings menu). There is a small chance that may help. Also you could try uninstalling DJI Go 4 and doing a clean install. I've not seen many reports (if any) on iPhone 7 displaying things badly.

I tried the factory reset today with the DJI Assistant app, still has video loss.  I also just tried resetting the camera settings, also no luck.  Just testing with the aircraft at my desk I've confirmed:
1) Video only cuts out when recording.
2) looking at aircraft the little red flashing light that indicates recording will go out just before the video loss and then the fans cut out, and finally the little light flashes green (all of which indicate the camera is restarting)
3) video has nothing to do with signal quality or RC, since I can consistently recreate the issue with the RC a few feet away.  NTSC, gimbal crash, PAL, no gimbal crash.

So either it's a software issue or my gimbals overheating.  It's just odd that it started right after firmware upgrade - and that it's happening to others too.
2017-9-1
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

ocean224 Posted at 2017-8-25 08:03
The exact same thing happened to me. The solution ended up sending both the RC and Phantom 4 back to DJI. They sent me back another RC and another Phantom 4. These had the old firmware installed and worked fine . I have since upgraded these units to the latest firmware and guess what? It flies great I have not noticed any issues as of yet.
Best of luck sorting it out.

So they sent you a replacement but not with the new firmware on it? What does that say for their new firmware, that they know it has problems? And you have updated it to the new firmware and it works with out a problem. Why did they just replace your whole drone?  
But more importantly, why did they not install the new firmware when they sent it to you?
2017-9-1
Use props
fansc99f140f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 623888 ft
Spain

Update of App, RC and bird wthout any problem. Check after update was perfect. Everything ok!!!! Thanks DJI.
2017-9-2
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

beeper Posted at 2017-9-1 15:05
So they sent you a replacement but not with the new firmware on it? What does that say for their new firmware, that they know it has problems? And you have updated it to the new firmware and it works with out a problem. Why did they just replace your whole drone?  
But more importantly, why did they not install the new firmware when they sent it to you?

Idunno, I just know it works now.
2017-9-2
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Two months since DJI will "give away" this failed firmware and two months where DJI has not been able to fix it ...However, instead of solving their mistakes, DJI has spent his time in great ideas, like changing the color to the P4P ...
2017-9-3
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

JCJMC Posted at 2017-9-3 00:19
Two months since DJI will "give away" this failed firmware and two months where DJI has not been able to fix it ...However, instead of solving their mistakes, DJI has spent his time in great ideas, like changing the color to the P4P ...

From a thread i just posted in. Below is my filth, or is it Company  menagerie...............................
2017-9-3
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2017-9-3 00:26
From a thread i just posted in. Below is my filth, or is it Company  menagerie...............................

If it wasn't firmware problems then there would be no reason for DJI to turn to Outside Help (Hackers) to help find Bad coding, Glitches, Bugs, and incompatibilities with devices, etc,etc etc. They find it easier to shell out pennies while they accept your Dollars in droves just to push a new product on deck, and then putting that new product on the same App as  the Phantom4, Phantom Advanced, Phantom Pro, Spark, and the Inspire 1,  All with different actions and commands. What? nobody thinks the app and all the different platforms it is supposed to control going to work correctly in conjunction with each other?   Damn bring on the Hackers obviously DJI has no clue. And please save the Don't blame DJI mantra,  It's old, It's worn out, And it is definitely played into the ground. Quite like many a'drone has gone.................. I Have invested money throwen to the wind to "Hackers". And I'm sure you'All do too. Maybe DJI would like to join "MY" Selfhelp Group It's Called "On, n On, n On"............................................................................................................................ But with the quantity of money invested they believe in themselves as GOD'S, But .....................................................................
2017-9-3
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

As an Inspire 2 owner on the latest firmware for our aircraft, I find comfort knowing all of you Phantom guys are having issues just the same.

There's a lot of people in this boat! (Hey, just because it doesn't fly anymore doesn't mean it can't float!)
2017-9-3
Use props
2stroked
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19026 ft
Canada

Just got mine back from DJI after I tried the update because it didn't work and screwed up the camera, they charged me $258 cdn  to replace a bunch of parts that it didn't need and it's still on the old firmware?
You think they would have updated it and tested it before sending it back.
Now I don't know if I should try and update it or not.
2017-9-6
Use props
2stroked
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19026 ft
Canada

ocean224 Posted at 2017-9-2 09:17
Idunno, I just know it works now.

Did the same to me but charged me to fix issues I didn't know it had but didn't update the firmware
2017-9-6
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

2stroked Posted at 2017-9-6 20:17
Just got mine back from DJI after I tried the update because it didn't work and screwed up the camera, they charged me $258 cdn  to replace a bunch of parts that it didn't need and it's still on the old firmware?
You think they would have updated it and tested it before sending it back.
Now I don't know if I should try and update it or not.

If you sent the drone in specifically as a result of the shaking etc with the new  firmware then you certainly should have an expectation that the drone would be returned to you WITH that new firmware in a fully operational state. If you try the upgrade and it works then then the money was well spent. If it doesn't work then you could always revert to the previous firmware again by using that unmentionable utility. If it doesn't work after the update then you would also be in a strong position to demand that they refund your money since they didn't fix anything.  It's up to you but I know all the readers in this thread would be very interested to see the results.
2017-9-6
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

There should be a rule that said that .. All the documented work I miss. because dji has temporarily destroyed my drone. they should pay instead of. !!!
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules