New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
83408 557 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Sept 7 2017, 2 whole months of nothing from DJI since the Failware was introduced, but they have time to introduce new aircraft, all the Phantom Pilots be damned!!
2017-9-7
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2543038 ft
Belgium

Gwen1405 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:55
Dear all,

I have a tiny hope, after some several operations on my P4 after the upgrade to v02.00.0106.

Dear all,

As promise, I'll give you the result of my own procedure with this buggy firmware, but it's really buggy or sensitive firmware.

On the drone field, I have just recalibrate IMU and Compass (at home in my garden II can have interferences).

So today Afternoon, I have, I HAVE not a grounded Drone with the last firmware but a working drone!!!!!

I'm so happy to see that!!!

Hope this help you !
2017-9-9
Use props
Kenzzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161181 ft

Canada

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-14 20:29
Since firmware update
1/IMU calibrate warning every single start up
2/Weak transmission signal warning even at close distances (my 1 acre back yard)

Same here. GPS cuts out and goes to ATTI mode, CPU warnings on my iPad 3, all around erratic behaviour when trying to fly. Very disappointed.
2017-9-10
Use props
fans29c178c8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5441411 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having same issues, very frustrating.. FOLLOWING....
2017-9-11
Use props
fansbb2e592a
New
United States

So here is my delima... I upgraded the firmware on the aircraft first (in the "normal" firmware update order of operations), and i did it through the DJI GO4 app because i don't have a PC or computer always handy to use DJI Assistant 2. The firmware update stalled out at 99%, and prompted me to unplug the cord from the aircraft and reinsert to finish the upgrade. I reluctantly followed the message and the upgrade never did finish. Instead my RC started beeping and flashing the low battery indication (red light)...which was very odd because I had just charged the RC to full before performing the firmware upgrade, and i know that it could not have possibly consumed that much battery in the 15 minute window that it took to download the firmware update. Anyway I powered the aircraft down and connected the RC controller to my iPad and it immediately gave me a warning in the DJI GO4 app that the RC needed a firmware update. So i proceeded to do the update to version 1.9.3 for the RC. From this point forward my RC shows the low battery indication and no matter how long I leave it on charge it stops the charging process and once connected to DJI GO4 app it shows less than. 10% battery remaining on the RC.  I read the forums and everything pointed me to installing the firmaware update for the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2. So that is what i attempted next... however, before i did that i downgraded the RC firmware back to 1.8.0 to 1.6.0 using the DJI GO4 app. The upgrade to the aircraft through DJI Assistant 2 went very smoothly and completed. I reconnected to the DJI GO4 app and checked the version and it was fine. Then i also noticed the warning at the top that the RC still needed a upgrade back to 1.9.3 before it would work. So i did that upgrade in DJI GO4 and powered the RC down and back up to check the version of the firmware held. The resulting screen is what i am seeing... The RC firmware seems to be holding but the aircraft firmware is showing "Version unknown". Am I missing something in the sequence? Should i redo the aircraft's firmware in DJI Assistant 2 again now that the RC is upgraded? I wish I could revert the aircraft back to the previous firmware, but the latest version was the only one I saw available.
2017-9-12
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansbb2e592a Posted at 2017-9-12 10:00
So here is my delima... I upgraded the firmware on the aircraft first (in the "normal" firmware update order of operations), and i did it through the DJI GO4 app because i don't have a PC or computer always handy to use DJI Assistant 2. The firmware update stalled out at 99%, and prompted me to unplug the cord from the aircraft and reinsert to finish the upgrade. I reluctantly followed the message and the upgrade never did finish. Instead my RC started beeping and flashing the low battery indication (red light)...which was very odd because I had just charged the RC to full before performing the firmware upgrade, and i know that it could not have possibly consumed that much battery in the 15 minute window that it took to download the firmware update. Anyway I powered the aircraft down and connected the RC controller to my iPad and it immediately gave me a warning in the DJI GO4 app that the RC needed a firmware update. So i proceeded to do the update to version 1.9.3 for the RC. From this point forward my RC shows the low battery indication and no matter how long I leave it on charge it stops the charging process and once connected to DJI GO4 app it shows less than. 10% battery remaining on the RC.  I read the forums and everything pointed me to installing the firmaware update for the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2. So that is what i attempted next... however, before i did that i downgraded the RC firmware back to 1.8.0 to 1.6.0 using the DJI GO4 app. The upgrade to the aircraft through DJI Assistant 2 went very smoothly and completed. I reconnected to the DJI GO4 app and checked the version and it was fine. Then i also noticed the warning at the top that the RC still needed a upgrade back to 1.9.3 before it would work. So i did that upgrade in DJI GO4 and powered the RC down and back up to check the version of the firmware held. The resulting screen is what i am seeing... The RC firmware seems to be holding but the aircraft firmware is showing "Version unknown". Am I missing something in the sequence? Should i redo the aircraft's firmware in DJI Assistant 2 again now that the RC is upgraded? I wish I could revert the aircraft back to the previous firmware, but the latest version was the only one I saw available.

hi all
don't use this firmware !!
it makes your quad flying awfully and really unstable
happy rolled back to 0602 and I will never update again
so if you have a bad flying ph4 roll back to 0602 (flash it twice with the same firmware otherwise the sensors are not working)

2017-9-12
Use props
fansbb2e592a
New
United States

willempost Posted at 2017-9-12 10:51
hi all
don't use this firmware !!
it makes your quad flying awfully and really unstable

Flash it twice?? I don't understand, could you explain that a bit more, and please tell me where in DJI Assistant 2 in the firmware tab where the download option to version 0602 is located?

What firmware version should i put back on my RC? 1.8.0 or 1.6.0?
2017-9-12
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

just leave the controller updated
it doesnt matter
you can not roll back with assistant anymore
you have to use  a nice flash program
you can download all you needhttps://drive.google.com/drive/f ... Q01sams?usp=sharing
just connect your ph4 and run DUMlore and flash the dji update .bin
wait until the update is done
restart the ph4 and flash again (same way)
if you flash once the sensors are not working
dont forget you calibrate all sensors after downflash
I promiss you it will fly perfectly again.
2017-9-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbb2e592a Posted at 2017-9-12 10:00

Your RC needs to be at V1.9.2 (Now V1.9.3) otherwise it can't communicate properly with the aircraft:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

Edit:- I see you've already done that, now you could try relinking RC to aircraft.
2017-9-12
Use props
fansbb2e592a
New
United States

willempost Posted at 2017-9-12 11:23
just leave the controller updated
it doesnt matter
you can not roll back with assistant anymore

The RC does matter and here is why...

I downgraded the controller to an older firmware 1.6.0 and now the RC actually takes a charge. If i update the RC to the latest firmware (1.9.3). It absolutely will not charge past 10%.

People say to send in the RC for a new one, but there is nothing wrong with my RC. It is the firmware update that is corrupting the battery charge.

But now i cannot fly the drone because it  will not connect to the aircraft using the old firmware on the RC... So you see my predicament?
2017-9-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbb2e592a Posted at 2017-9-12 14:38
The RC does matter and here is why...

I downgraded the controller to an older firmware 1.6.0 and now the RC actually takes a charge. If i update the RC to the latest firmware (1.9.3). It absolutely will not charge past 10%.

I understand now, and you've tried rolling back RC, then back to V1.9.3 again.  Looks like there's some component in the RC not tolerant of the latest firmware. If you go back to V1.8 can you fully charge the RC unit ?
2017-9-12
Use props
fansbb2e592a
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-12 15:11
I understand now, and you've tried rolling back RC, then back to V1.9.3 again.  Looks like there's some component in the RC not tolerant of the latest firmware. If you go back to V1.8 can you fully charge the RC unit ?

I actually had to go back to 1.6.0 on the RC, and i was able to get the RC to charge to 60%. So there may be some issue with the RC charging fully. However, before I attempted this firmware upgrade I was not having any problems with the RC holding or taking a charge. Also the fact that I have read in the forums where other people are having the similar problems leads me to believe it isn't the hardware, but rather some issue in the firmware update that is corrupting the RC. Not sure, but very frustrating, nonetheless.
2017-9-13
Use props
fansbb2e592a
New
United States

I actually had to go back to 1.6.0 on the RC, and i was able to get the RC to charge to 60%. So there may be some issue with the RC charging fully. However, before I attempted this firmware upgrade I was not having any problems with the RC holding or taking a charge. Also the fact that I have read in the forums where other people are having the similar problems leads me to believe it isn't the hardware, but rather some issue in the firmware update that is corrupting the RC. Not sure, but very frustrating, nonetheless.
2017-9-13
Use props
fansbb2e592a
New
United States

Yes, I have rolled back and tried to go back forward...
2017-9-13
Use props
fansb380773c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431211 ft
South Africa

Hi I am from South Africa
Except for the IMU error on startup my phantom 4 is flying perfect with the new firmware .
Why would that be ? Was different parts used in these drones ?  
2017-9-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

fansb380773c Posted at 2017-9-13 03:53
Hi I am from South Africa
Except for the IMU error on startup my phantom 4 is flying perfect with the new firmware .
Why would that be ? Was different parts used in these drones ?

IMU error is not good, have you tried calibrating it?
2017-9-13
Use props
fans501826f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13150 ft
United States

Gwen1405 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:55
Dear all,

I have a tiny hope, after some several operations on my P4 after the upgrade to v02.00.0106.

I signed up for the forum just to say thank you! I haven't been able to do the VPS calibration due to my laptop size, but it is a huge improvement. Very minor oscillation (bucking effect) If it wasn't a problem previously, I never would have noticed the various pitch of the motors since its hardly noticeable.

The permanent downgrade option never worked for me correctly either. I would successfully flash 503 and or 602 and the flight was terrible even after calibration. It bounced off the grass and flipped upside down two times. It was slow to turn off after turning off the battery pack as well,

Followed your guide and everything is working perfect.
2017-9-13
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

fans501826f5 Posted at 2017-9-13 19:17
    I signed up for the forum just to say thank you! I haven't been able to do the VPS calibration due to my laptop size, but it is a huge improvement. Very minor oscillation (bucking effect) If it wasn't a problem previously, I never would have noticed the various pitch of the motors since its hardly noticeable.

The permanent downgrade option never worked for me correctly either. I would successfully flash 503 and or 602 and the flight was terrible even after calibration. It bounced off the grass and flipped upside down two times. It was slow to turn off after turning off the battery pack as well,

so @fans501826f5 and @Gwen1405 , are you saying you have stable flight and good working conditions with the latest v02.00.0106 or with a downgrade to v01.02.0602 ?

if v2, i don't understand the difference of the 25 steps as oppsed to a direct downgrade.
2017-9-14
Use props
ActingBusy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13150 ft
United States

3exSXNknDvAu Posted at 2017-9-14 10:29

The downgrade option wasnt successful for me. I would flash both older versions and calibrate, but something was still off. Very erratic control, worse than the bucking effect I was dealing with originally.
Tried the 25 step guide as a last resort before selling it and much to my amazement, it worked with no more bucking effect and no other related issues.

I have since been able to calibrate my VPS sensors and now the in place hover is also more precise than before the calibration.

So I hope this offers some gleem of hope to others who have the same issues after the latest firmware. It is possible to stick on the latest version without the ill effects some have reported.
2017-9-14
Use props
fansb380773c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431211 ft
South Africa

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-9-13 04:02
IMU error is not good, have you tried calibrating it?

IMU was calibrated and looks good ,think it is a glitch in the software
2017-9-14
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

How do you go back to 1.6 in the remote?
2017-9-14
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi fans501826f5,

I don't have merits, I'm a computer analyst, and apply some Microsoft installation procedure (with plenty Reboot operations) and apply it to drone!  ;-)

It's a joke, but really happy for you and the community!  Hope this help many users !

Kr,

Gwenaël
2017-9-15
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Belgium

3exSXNknDvAu Posted at 2017-9-14 10:29

Hi,

I'm not sure that the downgrade operation (first steps) will solve the issue but you can try without the downgrade and test it (not too high) .

Gwenael
2017-9-15
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Belgium

ibuyufo Posted at 2017-9-14 18:26
How do you go back to 1.6 in the remote?

hi ibuyufo

It's possible with DJI go App application, push  the 3 parallel lines on the splash screen during 5 seconds and release. You'l get the menu to downgrade the RC firmware.
2017-9-15
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Remember for those downgrading, you have to flash twice, it is a must If you don't you will get some sensors errors and not be able to calibrate them. I have assisted in  numerous downgrades, and done 2 myself and the drone fly's better then ever when done correctly on a P4. Please just don't be in rush and cut steps etc... Flash, Flash and calibrate, I went back to 4.08 on the DJI Go App as well. Drone Deploy and  other apps all work perfect now that the flight is smooth.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I have flashed the latest version twice, but two afraid now. It just to nice to have a smooth flight back, motor's sounding off in harmony, and a smooth hover. I may stay here forever on 6.02 & GoApp 4.08
2017-9-16
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Well slap me silly, I have just tried the 'no SD card' method on the latest official firmware, and to my utter astonishment, many of the bad flight characteristics have indeed disappeared. I really didn't expect it to work. So much so, I only tried it out of boredom! I downgraded using whatchmacallit, downgraded remote, and then reupgraded using official build, flashed twice, rebooted at every opportunity, recalibrates IMU and compass, nothing else and after one short flight - things seemed largely back to normal. Still wobbles a bit when descending at speed, but the motors felt in sync, and she was pretty gosh darn perfect. Will test more tomorrow hopefully and feed back.

Anyone know what this new RC firmware is about? I will be looking before I jump from here on out.
2017-9-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-9-16 16:23
Well slap me silly, I have just tried the 'no SD card' method on the latest official firmware, and to my utter astonishment, many of the bad flight characteristics have indeed disappeared. I really didn't expect it to work. So much so, I only tried it out of boredom! I downgraded using whatchmacallit, downgraded remote, and then reupgraded using official build, flashed twice, rebooted at every opportunity, recalibrates IMU and compass, nothing else and after one short flight - things seemed largely back to normal. Still wobbles a bit when descending at speed, but the motors felt in sync, and she was pretty gosh darn perfect. Will test more tomorrow hopefully and feed back.

Anyone know what this new RC firmware is about? I will be looking before I jump from here on out.

I think RC V1.9.3 was primarily for Goggle 'flight head tracking' on P4.
2017-9-16
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-12 02:42
I meant WITH the foward obsracle sensors OFF, sorry

HI There sorry for my delay in answering this one, I have now found that if you do a full Calibration using the Assistant 2 the the IMU and compass all is fine again, I only found this out over 2 weeks ago, I have now been flying safely again with the latest firmware for the P4 Standard.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-9-16 16:23

NEW RC Firmware update is if your going to be using the goggles for head tracking.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 04:04
HI There sorry for my delay in answering this one, I have now found that if you do a full Calibration using the Assistant 2 the the IMU and compass all is fine again, I only found this out over 2 weeks ago, I have now been flying safely again with the latest firmware for the P4 Standard.

Have a look at this Video of my P4S stable flight " " comments welcome.
2017-9-19
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 04:04

I can not remember how many times I did that. I have a friend who has a P4S with the new firmware and it flies with no issues, smooth and stable. Not my case, and no solution in this and another forums works for me.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-9-19 06:02
I can not remember how many times I did that. I have a friend who has a P4S with the new firmware and it flies with no issues, smooth and stable. Not my case, and no solution in this and another forums works for me.

HI have you tried the Re-Calibration in the Assistant 2 ??? as you can see from my Video above mine flies really well now and as you have said your friends also fly's well also so there must be something that your doing that is different to us then, would you like to chat with me ????
2017-9-19
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 04:47
Have a look at this Video of my P4S stable flight " https://youtu.be/aRQvNcJSTIY " comments welcome.

Hello 480 I have also tried everything and still have a unstable Drone in fast flight. My Drone hovers stable like yours in the video and in slow speed but starts to wobble when gaining speed. The faster I go the more erratic it become.  In your video the Drone hovers steady and you fly very slowly. Is is still stable when you fly full speed in P,S and Atti mode. Can you confirm that please. Thanks
2017-9-19
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 06:26
HI have you tried the Re-Calibration in the Assistant 2 ??? as you can see from my Video above mine flies really well now and as you have said your friends also fly's well also so there must be something that your doing that is different to us then, would you like to chat with me ????

More than 20 times
2017-9-19
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

F.KOK Posted at 2017-9-19 07:20
Hello 480 I have also tried everything and still have a unstable Drone in fast flight. My Drone hovers stable like yours in the video and in slow speed but starts to wobble when gaining speed. The faster I go the more erratic it become.  In your video the Drone hovers steady and you fly very slowly. Is is still stable when you fly full speed in P,S and Atti mode. Can you confirm that please. Thanks

Hello and thank you for your reply, I can confirm that I had a very unstable Drone in Hover, in forward and descending flight and in all modes P, S Attiie, but after running the re-calibration using the assistant 2 I have a very stable drone again and I have done many flights now with this new firmware, she performs as she should  in fast forward Descending with no issues at all.

I have flown out to over 7,000 meters with her and back again up to the 120 meter limit and brought her down with no issues.
2017-9-19
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 07:45
Hello and thank you for your reply, I can confirm that I had a very unstable Drone in Hover, in forward and descending flight and in all modes P, S Attiie, but after running the re-calibration using the assistant 2 I have a very stable drone again and I have done many flights now with this new firmware, she performs as she should  in fast forward Descending with no issues at all.

I have flown out to over 7,000 meters with her and back again up to the 120 meter limit and brought her down with no issues.

Thanks 480, would you be so kind and tell us what exactly have you done from beginning to end. Pareja and I are just two of the many people from the beginning that struggle to get the Drone stable again. There must be something that we may be miss, although I have done everything out there about 50 times. All previous updates went fine.   
2017-9-19
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Well, just went out for test flight number 2 since reupgrading and I can safely say I'm back to normal. Danced around myself, steady hover, flew out a few thousand feet, no warnings. Happy to start flying again - just in time for autumn/fall (thanks DJI). 4K even seems to be fine, although I rarely use it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've been flying for a few years now, and I know how my P4 should respond. It WAS broken... and now it's not. Much like the instructions on here,

I downgraded P4 and remote
removed SD card
rebooted
upgraded to latest fw
rebooted
repeated for each battery
rebooted
upgraded remote via app
rebooted remote
relinked
rebooted
recalibrated
rebooted

You get the idea. I couldn't have imagined in a million years that removing the SD card would make the slightest bit of difference. For all you naysayers, I'd suggest you give it a try. Has definitely worked for me.
2017-9-19
Use props
davada
New
United States

Updating the firmware is struck at progress 99%.
2017-9-19
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-9-19 13:12
Well, just went out for test flight number 2 since reupgrading and I can safely say I'm back to normal. Danced around myself, steady hover, flew out a few thousand feet, no warnings. Happy to start flying again - just in time for autumn/fall (thanks DJI). 4K even seems to be fine, although I rarely use it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've been flying for a few years now, and I know how my P4 should respond. It WAS broken... and now it's not. Much like the instructions on here,

I will give it a try tonight then test it tomorrow if weather permit. TY
2017-9-19
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-9-19 13:12

That's great news! I guess we have nothing to lose since we can always downgrade again if it doesn't work. I'm afraid thought that it might be a hit and miss kind of thing since DJI should be telling us that. But they have definitely gone dark on us for sure. Thanks for the post...I may try it.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules