New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davada
New
United States

Updating the firmware is struck at progress 99%.
2017-9-19
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-9-19 13:12
Well, just went out for test flight number 2 since reupgrading and I can safely say I'm back to normal. Danced around myself, steady hover, flew out a few thousand feet, no warnings. Happy to start flying again - just in time for autumn/fall (thanks DJI). 4K even seems to be fine, although I rarely use it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've been flying for a few years now, and I know how my P4 should respond. It WAS broken... and now it's not. Much like the instructions on here,

I will give it a try tonight then test it tomorrow if weather permit. TY
2017-9-19
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-9-19 13:12
Well, just went out for test flight number 2 since reupgrading and I can safely say I'm back to normal. Danced around myself, steady hover, flew out a few thousand feet, no warnings. Happy to start flying again - just in time for autumn/fall (thanks DJI). 4K even seems to be fine, although I rarely use it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've been flying for a few years now, and I know how my P4 should respond. It WAS broken... and now it's not. Much like the instructions on here,

That's great news! I guess we have nothing to lose since we can always downgrade again if it doesn't work. I'm afraid thought that it might be a hit and miss kind of thing since DJI should be telling us that. But they have definitely gone dark on us for sure. Thanks for the post...I may try it.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

F.KOK Posted at 2017-9-19 09:13
Thanks 480, would you be so kind and tell us what exactly have you done from beginning to end. Pareja and I are just two of the many people from the beginning that struggle to get the Drone stable again. There must be something that we may be miss, although I have done everything out there about 50 times. All previous updates went fine.

HI Sorry again for the late reply F.KOK, well first let me ask, have you got the latest versions of all firmware ???, I am running v4.1.5 of the app, Firmware on drone V02.00.0106, RC V1.9.2.
Now what I had done first was to make sure I was running the latest of every thing, then using the Assistant 2 software I backed up my downgraded firmware, then done the upgrade to v02.00.0106 I did this with only the drone plugged into my Laptop, when this finished I hit the Restore Factory Default, then I turned the Drone off and then rebooted her again and checked that the drone was on V02 of the firmware again, then powered off the drone and the Assistant 2, then powered the drone back up again and loaded the Assistant 2 once more and this time when it cam up picked again Phantom 4 Icon and then hit Calibrate button on the Assistant 2, now I was running this on my laptop, so I had to make sure that my laptop was on a flat surface, when the Calibration screen comes on you have to make sure that you hit all the marks that it asks you to hit, I found the best way for this was to lock my arms out in front of me and only use my wrists to move the camera and the sensors around the screen, took me 5 attempts to get this right but I managed it in the end, once this was done, closed down the assistant 2, unplugged the P4 from the laptop and the rebooted the P4 and went in and run a  IMU calibration and Compass, that was it shut her down took her out for a test flight and low and behold all was working perfectly again and I had all the new updates to the DJI GO 4 app also.

I went out again this afternoon with three batteries and I did a Hover and that was fine then run a fly by on P settings that was fine then on S settings again fine and then on Atti mode and again no issues, took her up and brought her down and again no issues.

What more can I tell you that's it .

Regards TJK.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 17:03
HI Sorry again for the late reply F.KOK, well first let me ask, have you got the latest versions of all firmware ???, I am running v4.1.5 of the app, Firmware on drone V02.00.0106, RC V1.9.2.
Now what I had done first was to make sure I was running the latest of every thing, then using the Assistant 2 software I backed up my downgraded firmware, then done the upgrade to v02.00.0106 I did this with only the drone plugged into my Laptop, when this finished I hit the Restore Factory Default, then I turned the Drone off and then rebooted her again and checked that the drone was on V02 of the firmware again, then powered off the drone and the Assistant 2, then powered the drone back up again and loaded the Assistant 2 once more and this time when it cam up picked again Phantom 4 Icon and then hit Calibrate button on the Assistant 2, now I was running this on my laptop, so I had to make sure that my laptop was on a flat surface, when the Calibration screen comes on you have to make sure that you hit all the marks that it asks you to hit, I found the best way for this was to lock my arms out in front of me and only use my wrists to move the camera and the sensors around the screen, took me 5 attempts to get this right but I managed it in the end, once this was done, closed down the assistant 2, unplugged the P4 from the laptop and the rebooted the P4 and went in and run a  IMU calibration and Compass, that was it shut her down took her out for a test flight and low and behold all was working perfectly again and I had all the new updates to the DJI GO 4 app also.

SomeoneElsesDro
Has just put a update that has worked for him, so I pass it on just in case some one has missed it.
"Well, just went out for test flight number 2 since reupgrading and I can safely say I'm back to normal. Danced around myself, steady hover, flew out a few thousand feet, no warnings. Happy to start flying again - just in time for autumn/fall (thanks DJI). 4K even seems to be fine, although I rarely use it.

I downgraded P4 and remote
removed SD card
rebooted
upgraded to latest fw
rebooted
repeated for each battery
rebooted
upgraded remote via app
rebooted remote
relinked
rebooted
recalibrated
rebooted

You get the idea. I couldn't have imagined in a million years that removing the SD card would make the slightest bit of difference. For all you naysayers, I'd suggest you give it a try. Has definitely worked for me."
2017-9-19
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal went limp after removing sd card and upgrading to latest firmware. Now the problems with the Phantom 4 is even worse.
2017-9-19
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 17:03

No need to be sorry at all. Well I see that you are not at all the latest versions because the RC latest is .193 and AC is 4.1.10 and that is what my P4 is on.. I am now using Beta .300 firmware after upgrading from .0106 and Beta .200 because of the unstable issue. Like I said before I have done every troubleshooting in this forum many times, but still the wobble is there when gaining speed. All the previous updates from May 2016 were flawless. I see that some people are now also lucky ones whose issues finally got solved. Some people had said that the real problem may be with the update installation-process success of the firmware on the Drone or not, because some peoples Drones is without a problem, some get fixed later but others stays unstable, although DJI fixed the camera problem with Beta .300. So with the unstable issue is it a problem or luck. Really wish then that I get lucky now too, because I also use the Drone for work. I loose a lot. Wish DJI can give us some good news on this or cant they still not locate the problem or is it really a matter of luck.         
2017-9-20
Use props
Flynet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24583 ft
Poland

Hello, I am tired of waiting for DJI to fix the latest firmware updates so tried this method to downgrade:

After downgrading to 1.02.0602 problems with unstable flight disappeared but.... range is limited to 30 meters high and 50 long (Newest DJI GO 4 App shows error). Could somebody help how to get rid of that limit? I reinstalled DJI GO 4 App and relogged.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Flynet Posted at 2017-9-22 12:11
Hello, I am tired of waiting for DJI to fix the latest firmware updates so tried this method to downgrade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_iuJe3OIZ4

After downgrading to 1.02.0602 problems with unstable flight disappeared but.... range is limited to 30 meters high and 50 long (Newest DJI GO 4 App shows error). Could somebody help how to get rid of that limit? I reinstalled DJI GO 4 App and relogged.

It won’t actually limit you when you fly. You can x off the message and fly as far and as high as normal.
2017-9-22
Use props
Flynet
lvl.1
Poland

Thank you for your response. You are right - it flies with no limit - only the message.
I have another question - vision positioning is off after firmware downgrade to 1.02.0602. Do I have to double load the firmware to enable VPS?
2017-9-23
Use props
Flynet
lvl.1
Poland

For others - It's needed to double flash firmware when downgrading to 1.02.0602 to have VPS enables. 2nd flashing is shorter and takes about 4 minutes. Now I have my aircraft back to normal - I recommend this method!
2017-9-23
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

Flynet Posted at 2017-9-23 01:37
Thank you for your response. You are right - it flies with no limit - only the message.
I have another question - vision positioning is off after firmware downgrade to 1.02.0602. Do I have to double load the firmware to enable VPS?

Yes flash it twice.
2017-9-23
Use props
jldixon
New
Malaysia

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16
Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap

I had the same problem.

Did a app reinstall, Did an update on the controller and then its done
2017-9-29
Use props
AustinSuit
New

United States

Recently got a P4 and have been getting used to flying it and testing out all the different modes.

I've noticed that my Active Track mode isn't framing my subject correctly. Its almost cutting the top half of the subject off. It's not centering the subject and placing them at the top of the frame.

I attached a video of a screen recording from my iPhone. I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

2017-10-9
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-9-19 17:21
SomeoneElsesDro
Has just put a update that has worked for him, so I pass it on just in case some one has missed it.
"Well, just went out for test flight number 2 since reupgrading and I can safely say I'm back to normal. Danced around myself, steady hover, flew out a few thousand feet, no warnings. Happy to start flying again - just in time for autumn/fall (thanks DJI). 4K even seems to be fine, although I rarely use it.

How do you downgrade the remote?
2017-10-11
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

Streetmagus Posted at 2017-10-11 21:39
How do you downgrade the remote?

Hello Streetmagus, look at this.
2017-10-11
Use props
28bellies
New
United Kingdom

im only a beginner, both me and my friend have standard phantom 4 and are both experiencing the same problems. when we try to update the controller not a lot seems to happen then we update the aircraft. When we go back to controller it still ask for updates and that  it seems to take about 30 attempts ( taking days!) to get the package to download and actually open on my s7  then i lose connection with the aircraft . in july when this update came i did manage to update mine but now its tried to update again but this time it wont have any of it. every time i try to connect controller it thinks its an inspire 1 and goes back to the old dji app and stops. can anyone help??
2017-10-12
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-11 22:10
Hello Streetmagus, look at this.

Thank you.
I rolled back my Remote to 1.8.0, then I downgraded my Firmware to previous version.
I think downgraded again to the version before that one (two versions back).
I then upgraded to latest version again using DJI Assistant 2 without SD card inserted.
Calibrated VPS, restarted.
Deleted DJI GO 4 app, reinstalled it. Upgraded remote, turned off remote.
Turned both RC and AC on IGNORED Update about safety, and calibrated compass. Turned off both.Turned on both again, ignored update about safety, calibrated IMU. Turned off both.
Turned on both, ignored update about safety, set all settings in DJI GO App to my preferred settings, such ass return home height, color profiles, etc. Turned off both.
Turned on both, ignored update about safety, inserted SD card, started recording. Flies smooth, gimball/camera has not reset yet. Need longer testing to be 100% sure it is fixed.

What I did notice now, I do not get IMU Error message while warming up. Before, on latest firmware when I had the bug with camera/gimbal resetting randomly, when I first turn on the drone I get the IMU error while it is initializing. But after it the done, the IMU error goes away. Now, I don't even see the error anymore. MAYBE that was the issue, the IMU just kept on erroring out before?
Either that, or the safety warning update where you plug device into the aircraft? That's the only thing I have not done compared to before.

UPDATE: Nevermind, the gimbal/camera reset issue is still there. As soon as I switched batteries, the problem returned... hmm
2017-10-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Streetmagus Posted at 2017-10-12 21:45
Thank you.
I rolled back my Remote to 1.8.0, then I downgraded my Firmware to previous version.
I think downgraded again to the version before that one (two versions back).

Guess you just have to refresh your current FW with each battery.
2017-10-15
Use props
Rowlandnet
New
United States

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16
Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap

Had the same issue.  
2017-10-15
Use props
Cybercap
New
Flight distance : 544964 ft
France

Hi everyone

I haven’t flown my Phantom 4 since may.

I’m still in the following versions:
Dji Go 4 app : 4.1.12
Device : 01.02.0602
RC : 1.8.0

I connected everything agaon today and the app tells me to upgrade everything, device and RC!

But the 14 topic pages do not really reassure me !

Can I fly not taking notice about the updates warnings ?
Should I upgrade , are the problems fixed now ? Or are there only a limited group of people that encountered those firmware issues ?

Thanks
2017-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Cybercap Posted at 2017-10-16 05:33
Hi everyone

I haven’t flown my Phantom 4 since may.

My advice, based on personal experience, DO NOT update anything if you can fly successfully with the settings as they were in May. You can switch off automatic updates on your tablet or phone and ignore any suggestions from DJI to update. It's the only way to be CERTAIN of not succumbing to any of the pitfalls bemoaned at length on these many forum topics.  I am still on older versions of software and firmware and don't experience any problems flying or filming..  Good Luck!
2017-10-16
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-16 05:49
My advice, based on personal experience, DO NOT update anything if you can fly successfully with the settings as they were in May. You can switch off automatic updates on your tablet or phone and ignore any suggestions from DJI to update. It's the only way to be CERTAIN of not succumbing to any of the pitfalls bemoaned at length on these many forum topics.  I am still on older versions of software and firmware and don't experience any problems flying or filming..  Good Luck!

Yes you can fly safely without upgrading to the latest, I have the same firmware as you and my P4 flies just perfect.
2017-10-16
Use props
C-Mobile
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56726 ft
Italy

Hello, after having aunted my phantom 4 I can not connect it to the djigo4 application while the commands work and also fly but only in ATTi mode
2017-11-11
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1585568 ft
Jersey

C-Mobile Posted at 2017-11-11 10:25
Hello, after having aunted my phantom 4 I can not connect it to the djigo4 application while the commands work and also fly but only in ATTi mode

Hi all

I' still running 01.02.0602 P4 been flying lovely question is do I upgrade or wait for the next version of firmware because 02.00.0106 seem like a crap update full of bugs

Regards
Trevor
2017-11-11
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

trevor3 Posted at 2017-11-11 11:38
Hi all

I' still running 01.02.0602 P4 been flying lovely question is do I upgrade or wait for the next version of firmware because 02.00.0106 seem like a crap update full of bugs

You can try beta version 2.00.600 and will receive new flight modes and all the new features described for 2.00.106
2017-11-11
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Jersey

I think I will wait for .600 to be fully released not sure I want to play with beta software on a drone I have paid full price for.
If DJI want testers then either hand out drones purely for testing
2017-11-12
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

trevor3 Posted at 2017-11-12 03:17
I think I will wait for .600 to be fully released not sure I want to play with beta software on a drone I have paid full price for.
If DJI want testers then either hand out drones purely for testing

Good idea!
2017-11-12
Use props
trevor3
lvl.2
Jersey

I'm sure DJI have their own testers, not sure who signed off the current firmware version but clearly it's crap let's hope .600 is better. Yes I would be happy to test firmware version in the real world  just not with using the drone I have purchased. Guessing DJI will not hand out kit just for testing, they seem to be more than happy for people to use their own purchased kit.
2017-11-12
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

trevor3 Posted at 2017-11-12 05:40
I'm sure DJI have their own testers, not sure who signed off the current firmware version but clearly it's crap let's hope .600 is better. Yes I would be happy to test firmware version in the real world  just not with using the drone I have purchased. Guessing DJI will not hand out kit just for testing, they seem to be more than happy for people to use their own purchased kit.

This is complex electronic device (flying), anything could happen even with your mobile phone, tablet or even your computer, that's warranty for ;)
2017-11-12
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I have to wonder how screwed up things are in DJI's software development and management for them to release a completely untested and buggy firmware and fail to get it fixed after five months? I am glad that they are making (glacial) progress with the beta firmware but five months is crazy. I just don't trust DJI any more. Even if you buy a new drone from them that works great, they could well ruin it with a forced firmware update and strand their users with no official way to downgrade it. When people ask me about DJI, I always warn them of this. This must be costing them millions of dollars a month.
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_0lCkgTY
New
Australia

I have attempted to update firmware on my Phantom 4 using my DJI GO4 App. It timed out and then i mistakenly turned the drone off. Now I am unable to continue this update and not able to use the drone at all. I have also tried to do it on my PC using DJI Assistance 2 but it does not even recognise the P4 when i plug it in using the USB. Can anyone offer any solutions to this issue. Thanks
2017-11-13
Use props
Nikhil chandhra
New

India

I have recently updated my phantom 4 and this firmware ruined it.My drone would no longer go 30m high or 50m far. the app keeps on showing "forward obstacle sensing not working cos of low ambient light" or anything else which is kind a irritating cos these all happens even after changing all the settings. how could a popular Company like dji would bring up a update like this with full of bugs. Never expected. when would the next update be coming? How could I downgrade the firmware atleast?
2017-11-15
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

just like to report my findings on the  the latest firmware and updates happy to report mine  is flying perfect on the current firmware tripod mode works excellent and all the other features work superb
2017-11-21
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Nikhil chandhra Posted at 2017-11-15 06:00
I have recently updated my phantom 4 and this firmware ruined it.My drone would no longer go 30m high or 50m far. the app keeps on showing "forward obstacle sensing not working cos of low ambient light" or anything else which is kind a irritating cos these all happens even after changing all the settings. how could a popular Company like dji would bring up a update like this with full of bugs. Never expected. when would the next update be coming? How could I downgrade the firmware atleast?

Don't blame firmware only. You have 1000 other thinks that may depend on your problem. Did you do caliration on IMU, VPS, Gimbal and compass if necessary?
2017-11-21
Use props
biginner
lvl.1

Hungary

Dear DJI,  
i have a problem, DJI P4 firmware update 57% Error code: 22403. Thats gimbal go limp, not work. What it the solution? Here in Eastern Europe the nearest service is in Germany. What can be the solution locally?
Step guide firmware update.
Please send me a solution in email:
001goja@gmail.com
2017-11-25
Use props
fans18043921
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426040 ft
Spain

hi, i dont use phantom 4. after 15 seconds the camera turn off. the fly is very nervous. PLEASE SEND ME BETA FIRMWARE. I WAIT FOR YOU 6 DAYS AND NOTHING. My account is
jsp2204@hotmail.com
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

biginner Posted at 2017-11-25 08:25
Dear DJI,  
i have a problem, DJI P4 firmware update 57% Error code: 22403. Thats gimbal go limp, not work. What it the solution? Here in Eastern Europe the nearest service is in Germany. What can be the solution locally?
Step guide firmware update.

Hi there, have you tried to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 again? If you have and it keeps failing to update, please contact our support and send it in, we will help to take care of it. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans18043921 Posted at 2017-11-25 11:00
hi, i dont use phantom 4. after 15 seconds the camera turn off. the fly is very nervous. PLEASE SEND ME BETA FIRMWARE. I WAIT FOR YOU 6 DAYS AND NOTHING. My account is

Could you please provide me with a video of the recording issue? I would need to check it case by case. Thanks for understanding.
2017-11-27
Use props
fansb4eda567
New
Iceland

Exeland sistem
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules