New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Zimmerman 61 Posted at 2017-7-9 20:15
Finished a successful firmware upgrade yesterday. Today was the real test. All went well but I did notice a distinct wobble with the aircraft. Tried all the intelligent modes. The DRAW function performed well however the wobble factor was insane. I had to cancel this mode to regain control. Has anyone discovered a fix for this issue? Hopefully DJI will sort this issue.
Taking the bird out for another fly later today will report on any other issues

Same behaviour mine had. Using the Intelligent Modes are unusable.
2017-7-12
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I upgraded using DJI Assistant 2 with no issues. First flight I had 3 times Compass Error and the drone flew away when i was above the roof of a house. No incedents, I managed to landed safe.
Today I made another test fly and I noticed how it wobbles when it hovers and how erratic the drone fly when using Draw mode.
Attached is the flight data for DJI.Edit: I refreshed the firmware using DJi Assistan2, I ran VPS, IMU and Compass calibration. Same wabbling on Draw mode. Tripod was OK but now the Gimbal dial is not working. It was working on my first test fly.
Video link to the app is really bad even I am few meters away from the drone.
2017-7-12
Use props
Chinook203
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112142 ft
United States

Sharp Posted at 2017-7-8 04:20
Doing some more flying today and while in Tropod mode I lost video signal 3 times while the drone was only 30ft away from me. During this time the Gimbal also went crazy and started pulling hard right. I tried to take a recording, but the drone kept on kicking out of record mode, however, I did manage to catch just a few seconds.   
As you can see right at the beginning, the gimbal is way over to the right and can see it's landing gear.

This is what mine is doing.....but I haven't had it in tripod mode.  Just flying around not using anything extra.  Lose signal, stops recording, signal back and gimbal is off towards landing gear.   
2017-7-12
Use props
V3n3m
New

Canada

The new update ruined all my fun! After updating the controller, aircraft AND dji go app, I CANNOT fly farther than 50 meters away!!! I've tried everything from restarting iPad, app, aircraft and controller SEVERAL TIMES and checked the max flight distance and it is set to off!!! Please fix this!!! There's no point in filming anything if I can't fly beyond 50 meters!!
2017-7-12
Use props
fansbb2ea3a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49921 ft
Colombia

los modos de vuelo estan exelentes pero veo que no esta , Backward en tap fly ojala pudiera estar... gracias DJI
2017-7-12
Use props
fansbb2ea3a9
lvl.1
Colombia

Forward, Backward no esta
2017-7-12
Use props
fansbb2ea3a9
lvl.1
Colombia

'Forward, Backward tap fly  sigue igual
2017-7-12
Use props
fansbb2ea3a9
lvl.1
Colombia

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 06:24
New flight modes seem to work.  Landings are smoother so far.  TapFly is updated and more accurate and informative.  Tripod works well.  Have not tried Terrain follow or Gestures.

lo unico que falta es  Backward tap fly no esta.........failll
2017-7-12
Use props
fansbb2ea3a9
lvl.1
Colombia

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-7-6 04:31
Hooray! It took a long time but nice to see all the "new" flight modes have made it.

Backward tap fly no esta
2017-7-12
Use props
MAO VELEZ
lvl.1
Colombia

COMO HAGO PARA OBTENER Forward, Backward EN TAP FLY
2017-7-12
Use props
AirView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904311 ft
Philippines

northbaydrones Posted at 2017-7-6 13:45
Mines been stuck at 98%, tried countless time,, now what?

Did have the same problem last night. It failed to update many times. Put it aside, have good night sleep then return to it again this morning. The first time I have problem is when it is connected to the laptop. This morning I used iPad Pro to update through DJI Go 4. It went smoothly until it finished updating. Made IMU and compass calibration and test fly it. It was smooth and quite at idle.  Tried course lock it fly OK. I think other flight modes will be OK also.
2017-7-12
Use props
AirView
lvl.2
Philippines

Did have the same problem last night. It failed to update many times. Put it aside, have good night sleep then return to it again this morning. The first time I have problem is when it is connected to the laptop. This morning I used iPad Pro to update through DJI Go 4. It went smoothly until it finished updating. Made IMU and compass calibration and test fly it. It was smooth and quite at idle.  Tried course lock it fly OK. I think other flight modes will be OK also.
2017-7-12
Use props
AirView
lvl.2
Philippines

2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

V3n3m Posted at 2017-7-12 17:37
The new update ruined all my fun! After updating the controller, aircraft AND dji go app, I CANNOT fly farther than 50 meters away!!! I've tried everything from restarting iPad, app, aircraft and controller SEVERAL TIMES and checked the max flight distance and it is set to off!!! Please fix this!!! There's no point in filming anything if I can't fly beyond 50 meters!!

Have you tried logging into your DJI account in DJI Go 4 with all connected and powered up ?

Your display device needs a good wifi signal.

Initially signing into your account after the updates is a requirement by DJI to unlock the 30m height and 50m horizontal limits (Aircraft firmware, RC Firmware, and DJI Go 4 App').

After this initial sign on then no further sign on or wifi is needed to fly (Not that I've seen, having flown several times without wifi or cell data).
2017-7-12
Use props
DribblesBarbax
New
Ireland

After the update the drone keeps losing connection and it stops recording then it reconnects and the camera is off at a weird angle and eventually realigns itself. This happens randomly and has ruined the flying experience.
2017-7-13
Use props
JetBlk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336965 ft
United States

Spyder3534 Posted at 2017-7-12 11:06
Wow, horizon seems alot better with this new firmware.  Heres a flight video which would have usaully caused a tilted horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF8F9558cuM

Wow. This is night and day difference from my Phantom 4 with old firmware. Had the tilt issue all the time after calibrations.
2017-7-13
Use props
madbushranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 929196 ft
United States

All great here. Using iPhone 6s

Upgraded controller, bird and batteries no problem. Completed the new style IMU calibration. Did not calibrate the compasses or sensors.

Conducted 20 min flight in GPS mode only, tried out tripod mode (and more than happy with that), but mostly user controlled flight.

It's like I have a completely new machine. Seems way more stable with takeoff, flight and landings.

I had massive horizon issues and I was on the verge of getting a P4P or P4A, but no need to, for now anyways...
2017-7-13
Use props
JetBlk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336965 ft
United States

madbushranger Posted at 2017-7-13 05:53
All great here.

Upgraded controller, bird and batteries no problem.

Did you perform the calibration after? Seems like most that haven't are fine
2017-7-13
Use props
madbushranger
lvl.2
United States

JetBlk Posted at 2017-7-13 06:38
Did you perform the calibration after? Seems like most that haven't are fine

Yes mate, I calibrated the IMU as well...I'll edit my post to reflect this
2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DribblesBarbax Posted at 2017-7-13 04:18
After the update the drone keeps losing connection and it stops recording then it reconnects and the camera is off at a weird angle and eventually realigns itself. This happens randomly and has ruined the flying experience.

Same here. The P4 appears to reboot. I've made a video explaining what happened with a demonstration... The firmware update to V02.00.0106 has caused this. It was perfect before.

2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And same happening on my P4:- Here

2017-7-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

madbushranger Posted at 2017-7-13 06:55
Yes mate, I calibrated the IMU as well...I'll edit my post to reflect this

Can you tell us, what are you using to view?   Android Tablet or iPad?
2017-7-13
Use props
fans25f8961f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12457 ft
United States

Sadly, I have to report that my P4 is also exhibiting unstable flight after the firmware update.  It's immediately apparent after takeoff that the prop speeds are surging and that something is different.  I updated the craft via Assistant 2, then refreshed for a second battery.  I updated the rc via android device, then performed all calibrations (VPS, IMU, compass).  After my first two flights were shaky, I repeated the entire process, and this time I restored factory defaults within Assistant 2.  After repeating the process, I have the same result - the bird flies, and hasn't yet crashed, but it's unstable, and the shakes and bucks DO show up in the recorded video.  I'm using an android device (LG GPAD X 8.0) running Nougat, and like everybody else, flight stability before the update was excellent.  I also did some tests with Litchi using VR, and the results were worse (in addition to flight instability, also developed very serious 10sec video lag and wacky gimbal positioning), but if the base firmware is wonky then it's no surprise that Litchi also has issues.  So with no option to downgrade, we're grounded for who knows how many months - very frustrating...
2017-7-13
Use props
fans4304ba84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341385 ft
United States

will all the new functions work with the P$,  I lost the point of interest an other that were replaced by draw and selfie etc.?
2017-7-13
Use props
fans4304ba84
lvl.1
United States

do all the new features work with the P4? I lost point of interest and gains selfie, draw etc.?  thanks
2017-7-13
Use props
fans4304ba84
lvl.1
United States

do all the new modes work with the P4? I lost point of interest and gains selfie, draw etc.?  thanks
2017-7-13
Use props
Heyward83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

When I installed the firmware I had no problems but not flown it yet, but anyway I put my second battery in today to update but I didn't get any notification saying I needed to update is this correct or should it have notified me to update because of the second battery?
2017-7-13
Use props
fans4304ba84
lvl.1
United States

do all the new modes work on the P4?
2017-7-13
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Switzerland

When should we expect an updated firmware that addresses all bugs?
2017-7-13
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221578 ft

Portugal

Im a noob in drones, last Sunday I bought my p4 and sure enough I updated it right away. After that no calibration was done and until now no problems as I saw in some videos ! As I said im not the most experienced person but no problem seems to be happening . From what I understand and read in the posts the problem can appear if you perform IMU calibration
2017-7-13
Use props
fansf5aa8d91
New

United States

I upgraded to the new firmware yesterday (7/13) and lost my camera feed as a result.  It was extremely frustrating as we use this in our business and couldn't be without it.  I spent a lot of time with online tech support who took me through every mundane process that I had already tried on my own.  They wanted me to send it in for repair...but I kept telling them it is a software issue from the update.  I checked several forums and the reviews at the app store and it seemed
2017-7-13
Use props
bugbee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167556 ft

United States

luisFOSoares Posted at 2017-7-13 13:16
Im a noob in drones, last Sunday I bought my p4 and sure enough I updated it right away. After that no calibration was done and until now no problems as I saw in some videos ! As I said im not the most experienced person but no problem seems to be happening . From what I understand and read in the posts the problem can appear if you perform IMU calibration

You may want to do a compass calibration at your location if you didn't do one already. Happy it flies ok.
2017-7-13
Use props
fansf5aa8d91
New

United States

The update caused me to lose my camera feed on a phantom 4....but I figured it out and it's back up.

We flew this phantom about on about a dozen flights on 7/12 and 7/13, testing several mapping software packages.  One package we tested specifically told us to update our firmware before testing or risk a fly away.  We updated yesterday 7/13 to the new version V02.00.0106. When we booted back up, we had no camera feed.  We tried re-installing.  The DJI assistant no longer allows you to downgrade to an earlier version.  The instructions for the upgrade even warns that you must re-boot both the controller and drone after upgrade or you might loose your camera feed.  We followed the instructions.

After more than a few hours trying to restore the camera feed, we turned to online tech support.  What a waste of time and effort.  They asked us to perform every mundane task that we had already tried like re-installing, re-boot, use a new cable, etc.  We sent screen shots, etc.  After an hour and a half, they told us to send it in for repair.  I kept telling them it was a software issue from the update.

Here's how we fixed it:  maybe we don't understand the firmware update process, but we had always in the past connected the drone to a computer and logged on to the DJI assistant.  Apparently, the controller needed upgraded as well.  In the DJI app (the app you use to fly). has a menu (I can't tell you exactly where it is.....one of our guys figured it out), but I'm sure anyone can find it.  Basically, he found a menu option for "check for remote upgrade?"  He checked, an upgrade was available.  He downloaded and installed it directly into the RC and camera came back up.

It was actually an easy issue to fix, but took us about 8 hours to figure out.  I don't understand why DJI tech support didn't think of that??  We worked with them online and on the telephone.  I've literally read dozens of posts from people with the same issue...upgraded firmware and lost video feed.  Working great once again.
2017-7-13
Use props
madbushranger
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-7-13 08:29
Can you tell us, what are you using to view?   Android Tablet or iPad?

Using iPhone 6+ with the bird. updated via assistant on Macpro
2017-7-13
Use props
Gades
New
Flight distance : 19518 ft
Netherlands

Why can't I calibrate compass on the latest firmware?
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf5aa8d91 Posted at 2017-7-13 14:04
The update caused me to lose my camera feed on a phantom 4....but I figured it out and it's back up.

We flew this phantom about on about a dozen flights on 7/12 and 7/13, testing several mapping software packages.  One package we tested specifically told us to update our firmware before testing or risk a fly away.  We updated yesterday 7/13 to the new version V02.00.0106. When we booted back up, we had no camera feed.  We tried re-installing.  The DJI assistant no longer allows you to downgrade to an earlier version.  The instructions for the upgrade even warns that you must re-boot both the controller and drone after upgrade or you might loose your camera feed.  We followed the instructions.

It is surprising that the frontline support 'tick sheet' has not been updated. But it is in the release notes that can be gotten from Here (A good page to bookmark).
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gades Posted at 2017-7-13 21:02

Why can't I calibrate compass on the latest firmware?

At 26 seconds into the video (When looking at compass status) you see a link lower down the page that says 'Calibrate Compass', that's it. The shortcut that was on the aircraft status list has been removed. This was to prevent people thinking the compass needs calibrating each flight, it does not. One good compass calibration is sufficient until notified by system (or perhaps erratic flight behaviour needing investigated). Calibrating too often leads to a higher risk of having a 'bad' calibration (near ferrous object for example) which then can cause compass failure in flight. Which then could lead to the aircraft apparently having a mind of its own and flying in a circular ever widening path, until user panics and it crashes. Sometimes refered to a 'the toilet bowl effect' :-)

Looking at the readings on your screen the compass looks good.
2017-7-14
Use props
Gades
New
Flight distance : 19518 ft
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 00:14
At 26 seconds into the video (When looking at compass status) you see a link lower down the page that says 'Calibrate Compass', that's it. The shortcut that was on the aircraft status list has been removed. This was to prevent people thinking the compass needs calibrating each flight, it does not. One good compass calibration is sufficient until notified by system (or perhaps erratic flight behaviour needing investigated). Calibrating too often leads to a higher risk of having a 'bad' calibration (near ferrous object for example) which then can cause compass failure in flight. Which then could lead to the aircraft apparently having a mind of its own and flying in a circular ever widening path, until user panics and it crashes. Sometimes refered to a 'the toilet bowl effect' :-)

Looking at the readings on your screen the compass looks good.

thank you very much!!!

When in the process of calibration I tilt the copter, the camera starts to make interesting sounds. The only thing I do not remember is whether I tilt the camera down or sideways. is it normal sounds on calibration mode?
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gades Posted at 2017-7-14 00:42
thank you very much!!!

When in the process of calibration I tilt the copter, the camera starts to make interesting sounds. The only thing I do not remember is whether I tilt the camera down or sideways. is it normal sounds on calibration mode?

Usually camera down, though I believe it makes no difference. Book used to show one way, software image another.

Yes the Gimbal might get a bit grumpy if it's at unnatural angles.
2017-7-14
Use props
viewpi.channel
New
Flight distance : 206391 ft
United Kingdom

olefolks Posted at 2017-7-9 06:53
How did you upgrade the firmware?  If you use Go 4 you have to upgrade the RC first and then upgrade the P4.  If you use Assistant 2 you can upgrade the P4 first and then when you connect the RC Go 4 will tell you there is an upgrade for the RC .  Just follow the instructions!

i did all ways what is possible . first day when i start to fly pops up new firmware available and all i did as said on screen . after that came all problems .. ive tried all .  now my crafter is updated to newest version , it shows on pc , also ive tried to refresh .. dont know why doesnt shows me downgrade versions ? only latest version .. if i connect my rc to my phone nothing happing doesnt shows rc nonnected . no charging no nothing . ive tried hold 4 buttons ..nothing
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules