I just want to hear from you!
968 5 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I own one Mavic Pro. My first drone was a Parrot but I didn’t manage to have some fun with it.

Then, I looked for a drone and I seriously considered a P4P. But decided to buy a Mavic.

Now, I question the experienced pilots, even those who have multiple drones:

What is the main difference between Mavic and his “big brother”?

And I, please, ask you not to give me technical answers about the pixels in camera, etc. My question is not for commercial purposes.

But your feelings on piloting those, and other different drones.
Is there one that is better than the other?

What is your preference?

What do you feel about them both?
I know you are saying here your thoughts. And saying this, it is important for everyone that there is no right and wrong.
Just sharing experiences.

Thanks!

2017-7-6
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have both. Mavic is great for travel because of the small and portability. P4P is larger and more powerful, and am less worried about it in the wind. I've flown it 700+ kilometers but it recently got stress cracks in the fuselage so had to get the shell replaced. Only got the Mavic recently so not sure if this will be an issue too.

My P4P is also having image tranmisssion issues with the latest firmware, whereas the Mavic has had no issues so far for this.

P4P is quite a lot louder too, whereas the Mavic is quite quiet, which along with its size, makes a bit more discrete.
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's really not fair to compare, they are both equally great drones, they do different things although a lot of what they do can be replicated in both drones.
If you asked the question more specifically like which is best for photography which is best for portability which is best on the wind or which is quieter. Then one could answer much easier.
2017-7-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Without repeating other's valid points I will say the Mavic is delicate.  Both will be damaged if you crash but in a light bump the P4P will be ok and the Mavic will most likely be damaged.
2017-7-6
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-6 06:14
It's really not fair to compare, they are both equally great drones, they do different things although a lot of what they do can be replicated in both drones.
If you asked the question more specifically like which is best for photography which is best for portability which is best on the wind or which is quieter. Then one could answer much easier.

Dear hallmark007,

I didn't want to be specif by purpose.
I do want to hear what experienced pilots could tell me about their "experiences".
Thanks anyway
2017-7-6
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

The mavic is small and can  fit in a small bag where the P4 has to be carried in a big case,  the mavic is more stealthy as well.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules