Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CosminSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24547 ft
Romania

I've lost the Spark...
I've bought it yesterday....600€ "well" spent
It was just hovering at 49m over my yard...and suddenly i ve received some errors on my iPhone and the drone just disappeared....black out totally...
My yard is wild,my house is under construction...I've followed the location on the map...but i cant find it...i looked everywhere....this is a disgrace..
what can i say...600€ for 2 days play...
i will never buy an DJI product again...ever...
2017-7-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No luck with the „find my drone“ function from the go app?
2017-7-6
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578543 ft
United Kingdom

I think it will be for the best you don't buy dji stuff again....!
2017-7-6
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Romania

Dirk52
No man...I've searched all around that place...nothing at all...
I never expected that....DISGRACE
2017-7-6
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Romania

@Jellybean
Do you think that sarcasm is the best thing right know?
2017-7-6
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Am just replying as you said you will never buy a dji product again.
2017-7-6
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Romania

I don't understand why some... find it funny to make fun when someone is upset...i just don't get it..is the lonely life??i don't know
2017-7-6
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Try to get your data from your phone, healthy drones does this, that maybe able to help you find out why at least.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss. To be honest, on day 1 when i got my Spark i tested  it out in beginner mode and no higher than 15-20 meters to make sure the craft is functioning correctly. I have about 22 flights with it so far and nothing higher than 40 meters, and nothing over water until i am confident in the drone . I hope you can recover your drone , but why would you take it that high on day 1?
2017-7-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

This is complicated , from one side Spark is mentioned to be first time quad , at the other hand , when you read manual , you got warnings on every page, check that , be careful etc. We have to meet many conditions before we fly to make sure we don't loose our flying cameras
2017-7-6
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Romania

@Mimus
It was a catastrophic failure...just shut down...and felt like a brick from 2m...
And second time I've received some errors and...disappeared...
Were is my fault ? I didn't do anything
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CosminSS Posted at 2017-7-6 08:21
@Mimus
It was a catastrophic failure...just shut down...and felt like a brick from 2m...
And second time I've received some errors and...disappeared...

Sorry to hear that, if this was a malfunction it's best you.

1/ sync your flight log to dji cloud
2/ start an RMA
You still have flight log in your phone if you want a better understanding as to what might have happened. Just upload your flight log from your app to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Just click on the link and follow instructions then come back here and post the link to your logs.

Good luck.
2017-7-6
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Romania

This is a print screen with some of  the errors that occurred on my phone when the drone just went nuts
IMG_7341.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CosminSS Posted at 2017-7-6 08:28
This is a print screen with some of  the errors that occurred on my phone when the drone just went nuts

Well it's very hard to read those warnings, but your craft was in Atti mode no gps showing, but what you need to know is why it ended up in Atti mode, and if there is anything you could have done about it.

You give some clues that may have caused problem for you, you say your on a building site so I am presuming there was rebar concrete in you area and probably steel, this can have a major effect on your compass interference with gps and causing it to go to Atti mode, which is extremely difficult to control with only your phone.
It would be much clearer if you just upload your log as per instructions I have given you.
2017-7-6
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You was flying it in atti mode? Did you wait for the satellites to be connected at all?
2017-7-6
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Romania

@jellybean
He entered himself in ATTI mode after a few minutes...and after that , disappeared..I don't have any idea were it can be...i looked everywhere.
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-6 08:51
You was flying it in atti mode? Did you wait for the satellites to be connected at all?

He did have sats at sometime you can almost see them in telemetry but bar graph beside is empty so showing he most likely lost gps.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

There is also a compass error from what i can make out.
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mimus Posted at 2017-7-6 09:55
There is also a compass error from what i can make out.

I suspect it was compass error culminating from the ground.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sorry to hear about your lost.
Would you please sync your flight records via the go app and PM me your dji account (e-mail address) so we can analyze it for you?
Besides, may I know you have contacted tech support to report it and get a case number? If yes, please let me know your case number, thanks.
2017-7-6
Use props
Chrismau808
lvl.1
United States

That's too bad that happened, I fear that happening. Did you complete all the calibrations before the first flight?
2017-7-6
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Szwedu Posted at 2017-7-6 08:14
This is complicated , from one side Spark is mentioned to be first time quad , at the other hand , when you read manual , you got warnings on every page, check that , be careful etc. We have to meet many conditions before we fly to make sure we don't loose our flying cameras

I agreed with you on this point. After all, the root of issues is the crappy signal between phone and Spark.
After buying the remote "separately" (I was confident that no need for the remote before), my drone life is much more enjoyable.
So, remote is a must with this kind of expensive toy.
2017-7-6
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-6 19:02
I agreed with you on this point. After all, the root of issues is the crappy signal between phone and Spark.
After buying the remote "separately" (I was confident that no need for the remote before), my drone life is much more enjoyable.
So, remote is a must with this kind of expensive toy.

... scenarios like this were base for my calculation leading to buy "fly more" versus basic drone ...
2017-7-6
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-7
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I tried to help with getting the logs!

@konstantinos some people have really bad luck, 3 Mavic pros wow what are the odds...
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chrismau808 Posted at 2017-7-6 18:44
That's too bad that happened, I fear that happening. Did you complete all the calibrations before the first flight?

Did you complete all the calibrations before the first flight?...Just out of curiosity, what pre-flight calibrations should have the OP completed?  DJI/manual states, "only calibrate when prompted".  I own 4 other DJI platforms and I can count on 1 hand how many times I calibrated the entire lot.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules