12Next >
4107 49 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devanss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56811 ft
United States

I was flying about 350 feet away from my house and had a real good transmission. I could see the drone at all times. All the sudden no connection and I watched as the drone just descended in rth instead of coming back. Now I can't find it. I've talked to all my neighbors and no one has seen it
2017-7-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is the Find My Drone feature in the DJI Go App
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Spark should only descend in RTH if RTH height is lower than current height, so if this was not the case then something has gone wrong
First thing you should do is.

1/ sync your flight log to dji cloud in your app
2/ start a RMA case with dji.

If you want you can also upload your log at link below, just click on the link and follow instructions, then come back here and post the link with your logs. You may get help here to find out what happened your drone.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-6
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

I've been using it. It didn't fly down near here from where I was watching. And it's nowhere in sight where it's telling me
IMG_1420.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-6 13:40
Spark should only descend in RTH if RTH height is lower than current height, so if this was not the case then something has gone wrong

Thanks!
Checking my flight log, My drone could be anywhere. It was saying I was in the woods and the drone was only in my back yard, when I also flew it in the front before I flew it up higher. Something was going on with the gps for sure.
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

devanss Posted at 2017-7-6 14:01
Thanks!
Checking my flight log, My drone could be anywhere. It was saying I was in the woods and the drone was only in my back yard, when I also flew it in the front before I flew it up higher. Something was going on with the gps for sure.

If you lost gps your drone can't find it way home,so will go into Atti mode and while it will maintain its height it can't maintain its position so will drift with the wind.
2017-7-6
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-6 14:05
If you lost gps your drone can't find it way home,so will go into Atti mode and while it will maintain its height it can't maintain its position so will drift with the wind.

Is there any chance DJI will help me with this? I have Spark refresh insurance. How do I submit an RMA?
2017-7-6
Use props
miPaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25686 ft
Canada

The Spark refresh does NOT cover lost drones!

3. Exclusions

The service does not cover:

1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.

4. Replacement Process

1) If damage to your DJI product occurs and you are within DJI Care Refresh coverage, contact DJI Support via http://www.dji.com/support, TEL and ONLINE SUPPORT are preferred.

2) Send your product (including the aircraft, gimbal, propellers or battery) based on the DJI Care Refresh warranty plan you have purchased to a DJI designated repair center under the instruction of DJI Support.

If you purchase DJI Care Refresh of Mavic Pro and Spark, send the aircraft, gimbal, camera and propellers. In order to shorten logistics time, please do not send back the battery if it works well.

If you do not send the required part(s), DJI may require you to send it (them) again or decline your replacement request.

3) DO NOT return the remote controller. You will be required to undertake any fees incurred from returning the remote controller.

4) If damage to your aircraft occurs and you are within DJI Care Refresh’s coverage, you will receive a quotation about repair fees. You can choose to pay for repair or replace your aircraft. For replacement services, an additional fee will be charged. After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send the replacement to you.

5. Fee

There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you choose DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. The cost of two way postage for customers within DJI Care Refresh service areas will be covered by DJI. In other areas, these costs and any associated customer’s duties are at the customer's expense. In all areas the custom fees are at the customer's expense. Each time the replacement service is requested, a service fee will be charged.

6. Personal Information

You agree to provide DJI with your personal information, including but not limited to your name, email address, address, phone number, fax number, identity number, in order for us to provide you with a better service thereunder. By apply for the DJI Care Refresh, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed the Privacy Policy as shown at http://www.dji.com/policy.

Please do NOT deliver the SD card to DJI. DJI shall not be responsible for any damage or loss to the data or personal information stored or saved in your aircraft.

2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

devanss Posted at 2017-7-6 14:09
Is there any chance DJI will help me with this? I have Spark refresh insurance. How do I submit an RMA?

us.support@dji.com

For care refresh you really need to find your spark, doesn't matter condition. Except if your logs which are now limited because you don't have Drone, but if they can show malfunction then you can hope for warranty.
So sync your flight in app once you've done that dji now has access to your log, contact support and they will give you details of what you need to do.
2017-7-6
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

3 hours of looking and no luck. I got a hole in my gut for throwing away 759 bucks. Hopefully it's a lesson to everyone don't fly these drones further than a few hundred feet. Don't believe DJI claims of a mile.
2017-7-6
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Not really like that. For Spark, if you within 3m-20m of homepoint, you should enable "RTH at current altitude", then it will fly to homepoint. If disabled, it will land immediately. So, check that option next time.
2017-7-6
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-6 20:32
This just happened to me as well (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=103111&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline).
Was this with IOS/Android or the remote?

It was with the remote
2017-7-6
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4938 ft
Canada

This just happened to me as well (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline).
Was this with IOS/Android or the remote?
2017-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-6 17:39
Not really like that. For Spark, if you within 3m-20m of homepoint, you should enable "RTH at current altitude", then it will fly to homepoint. If disabled, it will land immediately. So, check that option next time.

He was 320 feet away , I did check, I read his opening post, so the procedure is a whole lot different than you describe.

I would recommend you also read opening post and you wouldn't be posting an answer that has nothing to do with op's problem.

Also drone will not return if gps is lost.
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

miPaul Posted at 2017-7-6 14:20
The Spark refresh does NOT cover lost drones!

3. Exclusions  The service does not cover:  1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.

Care refresh won't cover lost drone correct, but in the case of malfunction warranty will cover drone.
2017-7-7
Use props
miPaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25686 ft
Canada

Correct, but was the drone ever found?
2017-7-7
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

miPaul Posted at 2017-7-7 06:11
Correct, but was the drone ever found?

Day 2 and still no sign of the spark. I don't think it's anywhere near where find my drone is saying it is. I watched as it descended and it was not in the "find my drone" area. It's like it had a mind of its own. I had a home point and everything and it just completely failed like I'll show. I thought it was 350 ft because it was the last thing I saw but looking at this it was 780 ft which is still not far at all for dji claims. Then literally a second later signal was gone in an instant
IMG_1424.PNG
IMG_1425.PNG
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

devanss Posted at 2017-7-7 09:15
Day 2 and still no sign of the spark. I don't think it's anywhere near where find my drone is saying it is. I watched as it descended and it was not in the "find my drone" area. It's like it had a mind of its own. I had a home point and everything and it just completely failed like I'll show. I thought it was 350 ft because it was the last thing I saw but looking at this it was 780 ft which is still not far at all for dji claims. Then literally a second later signal was gone in an instant

Have you tried your last coordinates?

The telemetry in that picture shows you at 750 ft.
2017-7-7
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-7 10:03
Have you tried your last coordinates?

The telemetry in that picture shows you at 750 ft.

Yes, I've searched every persons yard in that pic with their permission of course and multiple people. The neighborhood thinks I'm crazy but their not wrong. Also I launched the drone from the steps of my back porch and it shows me in the woods. The GPS was way off on my position
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Devanss, we are sorry to hear about your lost.
Just to verify, did you contact tech support to report this and get a case number?
If no, please make sure you sync the flight records successfully then provide me your dji account (e-mail address), we'll try to help you analyze the data to see what caused the lost, thanks.
2017-7-7
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 18:32
Devanss, we are sorry to hear about your lost.
Just to verify, did you contact tech support to report this and get a case number?
If no, please make sure you sync the flight records successfully then provide me your dji account (e-mail address), we'll try to help you analyze the data to see what caused the lost, thanks.

Yes ma'am, I have synced and I supposedly have it being analyzed. It has been about two days though.

If they do analyze it and find out it was faulty due to the GPS is there any chance I would get a replacement? I'm still clinging to thread of hope that something could come out of this
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

devanss Posted at 2017-7-7 20:58
Yes ma'am, I have synced and I supposedly have it being analyzed. It has been about two days though.

If they do analyze it and find out it was faulty due to the GPS is there any chance I would get a replacement? I'm still clinging to thread of hope that something could come out of this

OK, please leave me your case number so we can follow up it.
We'll let you know the analysis result once it's done, then tell you the solution about this case.
2017-7-7
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 21:12
OK, please leave me your case number so we can follow up it.
We'll let you know the analysis result once it's done, then tell you the solution about this case.

0191000000345 thank you very much
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

devanss Posted at 2017-7-7 21:16
0191000000345 thank you very much

Sorry, it should be CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.
I tried to track the number you provided, but failed.
2017-7-7
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 22:03
Sorry, it should be CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.
I tried to track the number you provided, but failed.

I replied with my email address through PM, I must not have a CAS number only a CRM number
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

devanss Posted at 2017-7-7 22:16
I replied with my email address through PM, I must not have a CAS number only a CRM number

Thanks, I received your message and replied, will continue there.
2017-7-8
Use props
apomark
New
Canada

On the dji app, there is a flight record which you might be able to help you find your drone if you are still looking for it.
2017-7-8
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

apomark Posted at 2017-7-8 06:55
On the dji app, there is a flight record which you might be able to help you find your drone if you are still looking for it.

Yes, this was the first thing I did. Thanks though. Day 4 and still no Drone though.
2017-7-8
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm asking only because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the replies above - when you took off, did you have full GPS lock? I'm wondering if it is possible that there was only a partial GPS lock, and so your home point wasn't as accurate as it should have been, hence it RTH'd somewhere else.
2017-7-9
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 03:26
I'm asking only because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the replies above - when you took off, did you have full GPS lock? I'm wondering if it is possible that there was only a partial GPS lock, and so your home point wasn't as accurate as it should have been, hence it RTH'd somewhere else.

Yes, full bars then suddenly poof gone no signal no bars all within 1 second. Up above I have pics of the home position
2017-7-9
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is incorrect. If the Spark is at an altitude higher than the set RTH, it will deem the higher altitude safe as well and maintain its altitude. I've tested this several times with all DJI drones.
2017-7-9
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm actually creating a RTH video of the Spark and I am absolutely disgusted by the outcome of supposed, "RTH" The worst job DJI has done so far.
2017-7-9
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

JoeCec Posted at 2017-7-9 05:48
I'm actually creating a RTH video of the Spark and I am absolutely disgusted by the outcome of supposed, "RTH" The worst job DJI has done so far.

What do you mean by this?
2017-7-9
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

devanss Posted at 2017-7-7 10:21
Yes, I've searched every persons yard in that pic with their permission of course and multiple people. The neighborhood thinks I'm crazy but their not wrong. Also I launched the drone from the steps of my back porch and it shows me in the woods. The GPS was way off on my position

You don't realize that your RTH position is correct, the H sign is at your porch, BUT blue doth is your phone position, you had week GPS signal on your phone. So take this in mind ,of course this have nothing to do with this situation
2017-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JoeCec Posted at 2017-7-9 05:47
That is incorrect. If the Spark is at an altitude higher than the set RTH, it will deem the higher altitude safe as well and maintain its altitude. I've tested this several times with all DJI drones.

Sorry my bad.
2017-7-9
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

devanss Posted at 2017-7-9 05:28
Yes, full bars then suddenly poof gone no signal no bars all within 1 second. Up above I have pics of the home position

Did you hear back from DJI, it would be interesting to know as there a few reports of this happening
2017-7-9
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am in the middle of creating a RTH tutorial and I have discovered while sitting at my metal patio furniture and RTH is hit the drone lands at its current location. But if I step away from the metal and anything to cause electro-magnetic interference then it is fine and returns to home point. Well, I say the home point or anywhere in the 10-foot vicinity..........
2017-7-9
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
United States

Nixtoo Posted at 2017-7-9 11:24
Did you hear back from DJI, it would be interesting to know as there a few reports of this happening

I talked to the admin above but nothing yet
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

JoeCec Posted at 2017-7-9 11:58
I am in the middle of creating a RTH tutorial and I have discovered while sitting at my metal patio furniture and RTH is hit the drone lands at its current location. But if I step away from the metal and anything to cause electro-magnetic interference then it is fine and returns to home point. Well, I say the home point or anywhere in the 10-foot vicinity..........

If you're anywhere near metal (even rebar in the concrete floor you might be standing on), you should get a magnetic interference warning. I wouldn't think of taking off with a warning unless I'm prepared to lose my aircraft.
2017-7-10
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-10 04:20
If you're anywhere near metal (even rebar in the concrete floor you might be standing on), you should get a magnetic interference warning. I wouldn't think of taking off with a warning unless I'm prepared to lose my aircraft.

That is correct. My point is that neither the Mavic or the Inspire act this way during the same test. I think the reduced cost of the Spark has also led to the reduced quality of components used. Also you have to consider you are linking via WiFi which is heavily congested in certain ares and can lead to additional connection issues. This is not a slam DJI post just marketing is geared towards getting people into the drone world and they need to be made more aware of the limitations of the drone and the increased potential for fly aways.

You loose a Spark over a populated area and it lands near people, you can kiss it good-bye cause someones gonna pick it up and walk away....
2017-7-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules