1432 4 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BVB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

hi all,

I have updated to the latest firmware on the P4 as of tonight, July 6 2017 and can confirm that the head tracking on the P4 is now functioning on the DJI Goggles and working well.
2017-7-6
Use props
Ufishifish2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 789741 ft
Canada

Well that just made my day.  Thanks for letting us know about that great news.  Guess I will buy the goggles sooner than later now.
2017-7-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would agree, I got a pair of Goggles yesterday. Only bit I wasn't sure about was whether the head-tracking option only became available in the menu after I'd done an IMU calibration on the Goggles. I suspect it may have been there, but I only spotted the option after a two finger swipe down on the touch pad.

I have tested the Gimbal control, but not the flight control as yet.

Note that there are firmware updates in DJI Assistant 2 for the Goggles.
2017-7-11
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

With my Phantom 4 RC connected to the DJI Goggles via USB cable, only Head Tracking Gimbal mode works, with the ability to move the camera left, right, up and down by moving my head in the same direction.  However, when I select Head Tracking Flight mode on the Goggles short-cut options menu, moving my head left and right does not alter the straight forward flight path of the P4 as it should if this mode were functional.  DJI app is updated to 4.1.3 and the P4 is updated to the 2.00.0106 firmware version. Also, with my P4 connected to the DJI Goggles, I was limited to a maximum flight distance of 149 feet from Home Point.

Were you able to get Head Tracking Flight mode to work with your P4? Did you experience any flight distance and/or height restrictions when flying your P4 with the remote connected to the DJI Goggles?

FYI - Both Head Tracking Gimbal and Head Tracking Flight modes work as expected with my P4Pro RC connected to the DJI Goggles. However, there were other issues. First flight I had no distance limitations - I flew P4Pro thousands of feet from home point. On second flight, inexplicably, I was limited to a maximum distance of 149 feet from home point.  VERY BUGGY.
2017-7-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-7-11 13:30
With my Phantom 4 RC connected to the DJI Goggles via USB cable, only Head Tracking Gimbal mode works, with the ability to move the camera left, right, up and down by moving my head in the same direction.  However, when I select Head Tracking Flight mode on the Goggles short-cut options menu, moving my head left and right does not alter the straight forward flight path of the P4 as it should if this mode were functional.  DJI app is updated to 4.1.3 and the P4 is updated to the 2.00.0106 firmware version. Also, with my P4 connected to the DJI Goggles, I was limited to a maximum flight distance of 149 feet from Home Point.

Were you able to get Head Tracking Flight mode to work with your P4? Did you experience any flight distance and/or height restrictions when flying your P4 with the remote connected to the DJI Goggles?

I've not tested the in flight head tracking. I've read somewhere that if you initialise first using tablet and DJI Go 4. Sign on to your account (wifi or cell data needed), and then swap tablet for Goggles, that this should lift the 30 & 50 m limitations. I would imagine that after this initial log in (as per standard practice for latest builds) that initialising to DJI Go 4 or a compatible 3rd party App' may be required before plugging in Goggles.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules