2940 14 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plon
New
Flight distance : 13540 ft
Switzerland

Hi everybody

Yesterday I was flying with my Spark but suddently the drone went crazy and I couldn't control it anymore.

I was flying slowly around ( with GPS Mode) until the spark lost it's GPS connection and then it was flying by it self with fast direction-changes and so. return to home didn't worked. looked like someone else was controlling my spark..

Lucky me the drone only hit a tree and not a human or a building. Now some friends from the fire-dep. will help me to get it back on the ground.

Did anyone else had such a strange behaviour from the spark?
2017-7-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

post flight data we will see into it
2017-7-6
Use props
plon
New
Flight distance : 13540 ft
Switzerland

Szwedu Posted at 2017-7-6 23:43
post flight data we will see into it

sorry, I was used to fly with my phantom 2 vision+ ... so I'm new to that DJI go app, how do I post my flightdata ? as far as i saw I can only post it to twitter and so
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

plon Posted at 2017-7-7 00:33
sorry, I was used to fly with my phantom 2 vision+ ... so I'm new to that DJI go app, how do I post my flightdata ? as far as i saw I can only post it to twitter and so

You can upload your log to link below, just click and follow instructions and then come back here and post the link. You might get a better understanding of what happened.
From what you say you lost gps so AC can't RTH it most likely went into Atti mode you log will show.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I would also recommend you sync your flight log in your app to dji cloud and contact dji support and start a case. support@dji.com

Hopefully when you get it back not to much damage, good luck...
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We feel sorry for the mishap.  Please help us export the data from black box and flight log for further analysis.
Please download the latest Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website, install it, then connect the drone to PC, run Assistant 2, you can get the file step by step, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks. Firstly, click on "Black Box", save it to local.
Then click on "Data Upload"--"Confirm", choose the log which showing the situation for that moment, and save it to local.
black box.png
data upload.png
data upload 2.png
2017-7-7
Use props
djiuser_vZ8IWGn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United Kingdom

I had today same behaviour.
I updated to the last firmware and today it was its first fly after the update.
I didn't have any gps signal but everything looked fine, I always test before sending the drone far away.
Suddenly it started to go in wrong directions on its own.  I did corrected but then speed up and finished crashing near where I was.
Now I am checking if everything is fine with it.  It looks it has been well built as the hit was pretty heavy and against a rock.
Will try to upload the data of the fly
2017-12-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_vZ8IWGn Posted at 2017-12-25 11:28
I had today same behaviour.
I updated to the last firmware and today it was its first fly after the update.
I didn't have any gps signal but everything looked fine, I always test before sending the drone far away.

The Spark is highly dependent upon having a strong GPS signal.  Your odds of crashing or losing your drone exponentially rise if you try to fly it without a strong GPS signal.
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_vZ8IWGn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-12-25 22:03
The Spark is highly dependent upon having a strong GPS signal.  Your odds of crashing or losing your drone exponentially rise if you try to fly it without a strong GPS signal.

I understand that.
But its behaivour changed drastically to an uncontralable drone that speed up and became quiet dangerous.  
2017-12-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_vZ8IWGn Posted at 2017-12-26 04:04
I understand that.
But its behaivour changed drastically to an uncontralable drone that speed up and became quiet dangerous.

Yes, basically what I'm saying is, don't fly without a solid GPS signal locked in.  If you don't have GPS, then it will not hold its location at all and is completely at the mercy of the wind and the pilot.  It is up to you to control it.  

I've been in your situation once where I put my Spark into a very bad situation not too long after I got it.  The Spark went into ATTI mode and I didn't have the skills to control it at the time.  I was lucky it didn't get damaged (or lost).
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_vZ8IWGn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-12-26 09:45
Yes, basically what I'm saying is, don't fly without a solid GPS signal locked in.  If you don't have GPS, then it will not hold its location at all and is completely at the mercy of the wind and the pilot.  It is up to you to control it.  

I've been in your situation once where I put my Spark into a very bad situation not too long after I got it.  The Spark went into ATTI mode and I didn't have the skills to control it at the time.  I was lucky it didn't get damaged (or lost).

Yes but this it was not I didn't know how to control it.
The data shows that speed it up to 39 Km/h until it crashed.
I could only control the direction but I couldn't make it slower or going up or down to avoid the area.
After yesterday I am not flying it near any human being as It could have been really dangerous.
2017-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_vZ8IWGn Posted at 2017-12-26 10:55
Yes but this it was not I didn't know how to control it.
The data shows that speed it up to 39 Km/h until it crashed.
I could only control the direction but I couldn't make it slower or going up or down to avoid the area.

You most likely went into Atti mode, you can control your spark but it can be difficult if not used to it or if flying in tight areas.
2017-12-26
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I hit a twig/hanging moss with one rotor today and the spark did a front flip but was immediately stable some centimeters lower than before and out of harms way.
The rotor had some moss on it but no physical damage to anything, lucky me
I'm impressed with it's abilities so far, but whithout gps this could have ended terrible as stated before you have to fly very careful in atti mode.

To OP: I would not bother the fire dept. get a tree climber to get it for you or climb the tree yourself

Hopefully your drones did survive.
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_1cVR4yl
lvl.1
United States

I started my spark and lift off, and it maxed out and went crazy totally uncontrollable
2018-1-8
Use props
Rolito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107582 ft
Canada

I don’t see a date on our post, sorry. Today, July 15 2020 I had the same terrifying experience. There was people at about 100 meters from me and the drone was near me at about 2 meters high and all of a sudden went totally wild on its own and there was nothing I could do but to try for it to descend and crash in the grass, which happened near that people. I had 13 satellites and Go Fly with GPS (green). No damage to the A/C. Second try in front of me 1mt. high very unstable hovering and then it went crazy again, this time being low I managed to put in the ground as it was flying away. I then recalibrated the compass (it was showing a very short green) and things went well after that. Now I am very concerned about flying it and hurting somebody and/or loosing it. Help please!!
2020-7-15
Use props
Rolito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107582 ft
Canada

I received a reply asking that I upgrade to user lvl.1  How do I do that?
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules