Fly in France mountains height
596 3 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116355 ft
Netherlands

Couldn't find posts this quick about the height in Mountains but when maybe you can help me.

When say midheight on a mountain, say 50 meters from the bottom of the mountain and start the Mavic with home point recorded. Wil that be the 0-meter start point or will it be 50 meters starting height?

Also, can you actually fly below your home point safely when in the mountains?

I have a lot of questions when it comes to mountain flying. Hope some of you have experience with this
2017-7-7
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Flying in mountains is my thing so I think I can answer your questions. The altitude limit is based on the take off point of the Mavic. So you are limited to 500 meters or whatever value you set in the app.
You can fly below your take off elevation with no limit beyond reception of the signals.
2017-7-7
Use props
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116355 ft
Netherlands

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-7 06:21
Flying in mountains is my thing so I think I can answer your questions. The altitude limit is based on the take off point of the Mavic. So you are limited to 500 meters or whatever value you set in the app.
You can fly below your take off elevation with no limit beyond reception of the signals.

Thank you so that actually sounds easy enough.
2017-7-7
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

FlyingHighNL Posted at 2017-7-7 07:20
Thank you so that actually sounds easy enough.

Have fun and fly safe. One of the trickiest thing about flying in mountains is to understand how winds affect the Mavic.  There can be unexpected strong up drafts and down drafts as well as winds blowing unexpectedly strong and in what appear to be odd directions. It takes some experience to understand how all this works so start carefully with light winds.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules