Spark poorly sick aka crash
1538 11 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6273 ft
United Kingdom

I had an issue with my spark. I was trying to get a selfie with myself and my girlfriend literally after I proposed! I had it in the hotel room hovering. As I turned round to get my new fiancé I heard a bang. As I turned round I saw my spark at the back of the room. It had drifted backwards and into the wardrobe. I thought I had got away with a broken propellor but on further investigation it seems I have totally broken the motor arm. I realise I should have been in control of the drone whilst it was hovering so I am. Not trying to apportion blame but I am totally gutted. I am just expecting the remote which I ordered a week ago to arrive.

Does anyone have an indicative price of what a replacement motor arm costs? Or even if it is possible to repair? It might even be worth putting it through either our holiday insurance or house insurance?

2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems to be one piece, so you may need new bottom half of spark, I can't see it costing more than £100 I know P4 full outer body costs €165, it's a tough break I take it you don't have care refresh, but at least your going to have a new wife, Congratulations.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Its cracked the arm just next to the motor. Its not hanging off but its a big enough break that I can physically move the angle of the motor up and down so its out of action in terms of flight.....allthough it does fly fine but now I have seen it I won;t be using it. I was hoping there would be some sort of mechanism for replacing a leg fairly easily rather than replace the whole of the bottom half and to be honest if it is £100 I won't be massively upset. If we are looking at £2/300+ though I would be contemplating not getting it repaired and retiring my wings!  

Totally gutted about it as I have an engagement party tomorrow afternoon I wanted to use it for and I am going on holiday in a month I probably won;t get it back for! As a new drone user I have totally fallen for the hobbie and was planning all sorts of places to go and try it.

She did say yes so I should just be grateful for that! Note to self no matter what the occassion concentrate on your drone!!!
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans1f4f12cb Posted at 2017-7-7 08:08
Its cracked the arm just next to the motor. Its not hanging off but its a big enough break that I can physically move the angle of the motor up and down so its out of action in terms of flight.....allthough it does fly fine but now I have seen it I won;t be using it. I was hoping there would be some sort of mechanism for replacing a leg fairly easily rather than replace the whole of the bottom half and to be honest if it is £100 I won't be massively upset. If we are looking at £2/300+ though I would be contemplating not getting it repaired and retiring my wings!  

Totally gutted about it as I have an engagement party tomorrow afternoon I wanted to use it for and I am going on holiday in a month I probably won;t get it back for! As a new drone user I have totally fallen for the hobbie and was planning all sorts of places to go and try it.

I would start a case with dji support@dji.com they will arrange to pick it up and send to Netherlands, they will first check log out for warranty repair, if not then they will give you a price to repair, not to sure how long it will take you will need to check with them. The whole procedure is simple enough.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thanks for the advise. I know the drone did veer off but I am happy to pay for a repair because I shouldnt have just left it there hovering so I'm not expecting it to be a warranty job. I just hope it isn;t too expensive considering I have only had it around 10 days!
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear that, we do suggest you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers.
You can submit a case number online here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Hope everything would be sorted out soon.
2017-7-7
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

I once waved for it to fly backward indoor. then realized that it has no sensor at the back. Lucky for me the house is long enough, some minor scratch on the propellers though.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 20:28
Sorry to hear that, we do suggest you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers.
You can submit a case number online here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Hope everything would be sorted out soon.

Thanks. Would your be able to clarify at all? I have a repair logged and I got an email saying a pack is coming out to me so I can courier it to Dji......then I got an email with a courier sticker. Do I wait for a pack to courier it or am I supposed to package it up myself and use the label emailed to me for the courier?

Also do I pack it in the foam case and include the battery with the unit? Totally confused on the process.
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans1f4f12cb Posted at 2017-7-9 07:19
Thanks. Would your be able to clarify at all? I have a repair logged and I got an email saying a pack is coming out to me so I can courier it to Dji......then I got an email with a courier sticker. Do I wait for a pack to courier it or am I supposed to package it up myself and use the label emailed to me for the courier?

Also do I pack it in the foam case and include the battery with the unit? Totally confused on the process.

You need package it up by yourself and use the babel e-mailed to you for the courier.You can package it with the original box.
If the battery is working properly or it is not safe to be sent in, they do not include it.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you all boxed and sent back. Now to get out the repair prayer Matt and hope it isn't too expensive!
2017-7-10
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

My suspicion is that it's another out of control spark and they will repair for free.
2017-7-10
Use props
Drone Man Bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Believe me in a few years your biggest problem will be that she said yes
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules