6660 12 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hamma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2238 ft
Germany

I cannot get gesture control to work.
I hold the spark in front of my face, turn it on, wait for the melody, double click power and nothing.
I acitvated gesture control while activating the spark for the first time.
It´s already my second spark, because i got a replacement (wifi problem, which still exists).
Please help, because right now the spark isn´t worth the 600€ i spent.
2017-7-7
Use props
hamma
lvl.2
Germany

Okay, i found out
2017-7-8
Use props
hamma
lvl.2
Germany

Okay, i found out that when i activate advanced gesture control in the app, it works one time. When i restart the spark, gesture control doesn´t work again. Did i misunderstand advertising, when i thought that i don´t need any kind of remote, to use the spark? Where can i enroll to send the spark back and get my money back?
2017-7-8
Use props
42green
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

You don't need the remote or phone. If you did the initial setup correctly and enabled gesture control then you can turn on the Spark and double tap the power and have it take off without the remote or phone.
2017-7-8
Use props
hamma
lvl.2
Germany

42green Posted at 2017-7-8 07:46
You don't need the remote or phone. If you did the initial setup correctly and enabled gesture control then you can turn on the Spark and double tap the power and have it take off without the remote or phone.

I activated it at the initial setup.
Could it be that this setting resets also, when I reset wifi?
2017-7-8
Use props
GregNC
New
United States

Having exactly the same problem with my Spark.  Worked once and can't get it to work again no matter what I do!  Got the controller to work, and my mobile device to work.  But can't get gestures to work.
2017-7-8
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

GregNC Posted at 2017-7-8 13:22
Having exactly the same problem with my Spark.  Worked once and can't get it to work again no matter what I do!  Got the controller to work, and my mobile device to work.  But can't get gestures to work.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=101911&page=1#pid855231
2017-7-10
Use props
hamma
lvl.2
Germany

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-10 08:01
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=101911&page=1#pid855231

Does it work now with your spark, after repair?
2017-7-10
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

hamma Posted at 2017-7-10 19:46
Does it work now with your spark, after repair?

I'm receiving it back this wednesday. Will update you on that. They told me it was covered under warranty, has been repaired and flight tested too so I'd assume it's gonna work this time.
2017-7-10
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Not sure if its relevant. If you have set to "video" mode before you shutdown you drone if you don't switch back to photo mode.. It'll affect how ur drone acts during palm launch n gestures
2017-7-11
Use props
hamma
lvl.2
Germany

I don't know why, but suddenly the settings are kept.
I didn't do anything, besides not touching the spark for about 4 days.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans2791cbd6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353310 ft

I was using gesture control and I activated the follow me , the spark was following me and then all of a sudden it stopped following me I stood and made a bekon again nothing happened I tried raising my hand to control it by bring it down nothing happened I had to wait until the battery went flat and then it landed . what could be the problem ?
2018-1-15
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Gesture control stopped working for me properly at the weekend, the only one that would work was the 'Go Away' wave gesture. Palm Control, Beckon, Palm Landing etc wouldn't work. A new firmware arrived yesterday so i'm going to give it another try this weekend coming.  Won't be best pleased if i can't get it working reliably again as its a major requirement why i bought the Spark
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules