Inspire1 and GoPRO camera for better Picture Quality?
4459 30 2015-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Germany

Hi there, did anyone experiment with mounting a GoPro4 on the Inspire since the 4K camera seems to be rubbish with the inborn Compression?

I need to know the configuration in the sliding contacts of the gimbal mount.
2015-3-18
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

http://dronexpert.nl/news-2/

This company are working on something - we will see what is coming.

2015-3-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

You need to spend more time with the camera, gopro no go. Fish eye overpriced crap. Why not mount an iPhone to the gimbal you will get even better than a gopro. Just glue it on there! Guys are getting some good results with this camera, granted you do have to mess around with the settings, but hey it's all part of the learning process.
2015-3-18
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Posted on one of your other threads, there is something very very wrong with your footage.   I would look into whether you have a defective camera or can otherwise explain the results from your video but you are not seeing what the Inspire can do, far from it.
2015-3-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yeah! What he said! In fact, when I shot my first footage I was horrified, it sucked big time! After reading Jim's comments I made some adjustments and wow! No more frame rate issues, no more crappy saturation problems and just better all around footage that previously looked like a half blind epileptic shot.
2015-3-19
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Germany

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-3-19 14:53
http://dronexpert.nl/news-2/

This company are working on something - we will see what is coming.

It is very interesting, that the INSPIRE deals so well with the change of the CENTER OF GRAVITY when a second Camera can be mounted on it additionally....
This brings me to an idea to mount a GoProZenmuse on the back?!  
but I would like to use the inborn VideoTransmitter...
2015-3-19
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What are we saying in this thread that the gopro is rubbish? I'm sure the gopro shoots 1080p at 120fps that's double the Inspire camera
2015-3-19
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

1080p at 120 fps is only one attribute of a camera, and its not a terribly important attribute, useful primarily for slow-mo segments.  The go-pro has some major lens distortion issues that make it less than ideal for video, and the inspire camera is a pretty good attempt at the first camera (much better than the first go-pro).  Every camera choice for film comes with drawbacks and there is not one camera, nor one lens that works for everything.  
2015-3-19
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kevin@thinkpsa. Posted at 2015-3-20 00:59
1080p at 120 fps is only one attribute of a camera, and its not a terribly important attribute, usef ...

You can't say that better then the first gopro that was 4 years ago, you have to judge both cameras as they are now Gopro 4 vs Inspire you can't be serious that you think you judge the Inspire against old technology
2015-3-19
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Austria

dm.booth.hotmai Posted at 2015-3-20 00:37
What are we saying in this thread that the gopro is rubbish? I'm sure the gopro shoots 1080p at 120f ...

I was using a GoPro3 for a professional cinema screen cropped to 1:2,35 in a something of 2.5K. watched it on a 14m (42feet) screen - it was OK

Now with 4K Inspire Sony Camera I can´t use the footage not even on an HD monitor - there is something wrong!

I did a test with the GoPro4 in 4K and there are no arte facts at all... I believe that the Bit Rate in the inspire process is too small.
2015-3-19
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

zeitlinger@gmx. Posted at 2015-3-20 06:44
I was using a GoPro3 for a professional cinema screen cropped to 1:2,35 in a something of 2.5K. wa ...

The phantom was made to work with a gopro , the inspires camera Was Designed to BE part of a camera platform ! Camera adjustments all at your finger tips !  No gopro flounder eye ... Go try one and see !
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the GoPro H4 black is better for your work then I would suggest that you use it.  The Inspire is what it is and is as advertised.  I prefer the rectilinear lens over the GoPros but if your post processing software takes care of that it is not an issue.  To each his own.  
2015-3-19
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Austria

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-20 11:28
If the GoPro H4 black is better for your work then I would suggest that you use it.  The Inspire is  ...

dear Tahoe_Ed,

can you send me the connector plan of the gimbal - aircraft connection, so I can change the gimbal (put a zenmuse h3) on the inspire and feed the HD signal to the inspire light bridge?

I own  flamewheel (with naza), and an evo800(with A1). all great aircrafts but inspire is far the best - unfortunately the camera needs an upgrade!.

so till then I want to use inspire professionally with an other camera...

please help me to adapt a zenmuse with GoPro to the inspire or the GoPro to the InspireGimbal!
2015-3-19
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Austria

kevin@thinkpsa. Posted at 2015-3-20 00:59
1080p at 120 fps is only one attribute of a camera, and its not a terribly important attribute, usef ...

GoPro - lens distortion can easily be eliminated in postproduction
2015-3-19
Use props
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

Maybe it would be just interesting to know if DJI is working on the camera at all?

Zeitlinger: I did the test to on my transvideo HD screens and on the TV logic HD's and have the same results as you have.
When using sharpness 0 then it is a useless piece of camera.
Ok, I can always use my black magic cinema 4K camera with my Onyxstar Fox HD copter for pro use but I found the Inspire a very nice machine for an easy setup and a take off weight of less then 4kg instead of 12kg.
2015-3-19
Use props
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

When using sharpness -1 and put back sharpness in post the results are quite OK. I found in FCP adding sharpness of 2.5 the best result. I didn't do a test with postproduction about the grading possibilities yet, but I assume it will be limited.

Maybe a setting of HD instead of 4K with the same data rate would be a better result. But that sell's less in the specs I suppose.
2015-3-19
Use props
laurent.crivell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52549 ft
Switzerland

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-19 15:20
Posted on one of your other threads, there is something very very wrong with your footage.   I would ...

Could you please share which thread this was ?
2015-3-20
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

laurent.crivell Posted at 2015-3-20 17:01
Could you please share which thread this was ?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... amp;page=1#pid75580
2015-3-20
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

I did a test this morning to see if I could grade my footage to emulate your results.  I could do it, but I also think it's easy (and advised) to shoot to the Inspire's strengths.

I'll upload some of my results.

I think it would be equally easy to make Go Pro footage fall apart.  

I have a $30,000 camera, an $1,800 camera and the Inspire (camera is what $700?) and use each for their strengths.

I wouldn't give up the real time control I have over the Inspire's camera for a Go Pro.  No way.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Look at Jimhare's tutorials on the forum. He has posted two so far. He has achieved some very stunning videos with his Inspire. I wouldn't condemn the camera.
2015-3-20
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

rodger Posted at 2015-3-20 17:50
Look at Jimhare's tutorials on the forum. He has posted two so far. He has achieved some very stunni ...

Thanks Rodger

I'll post the test I did this morning, using different grading to either emphasize or reduce the issues.
2015-3-20
Use props
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

Variable ND in front of the camera was No Go. 25 grams extra was to much for the gimbal. And no place in the back of the camera to put any kind of counterbalance.  
2015-3-20
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Here are a few tests I did today:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=10434&extra=
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-20 18:26
Thanks Rodger

I'll post the test I did this morning, using different grading to either emphasi ...

Thank you, I have been doing Photography for 40 years just never did Video so it is a new venture for me. I can recognize excellent Photography and your work is of the highest quality and you definitely prove that the Inspire has excellent capabilities. One just has to understand the video presets. Your Tutorials are extremely helpful and the work is stunning. I asked that we have a section for Tutorials such as yours whether it will happen I dob't know? I hope the comment hits the right person(s). You are helping those that want to bring themselves to a higher level.
Thanks again.
2015-3-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

zeitlinger@gmx. Posted at 2015-3-20 13:54
dear Tahoe_Ed,

can you send me the connector plan of the gimbal - aircraft connection, so I can c ...

I am sorry but I cannot do that.  Once the SDK is released then that information may be available.
2015-3-20
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Italy

zeitlinger@gmx. Posted at 2015-3-20 13:54
dear Tahoe_Ed,

can you send me the connector plan of the gimbal - aircraft connection, so I can c ...

I´v sent the Inspire Camera to DJI to see if its broken. In the meantime I shoot with the Inspire and a GoPro. This works fine!
here the GoPro on the Inspire:

DSC_0188InspireGoProWEB.jpg
2015-3-30
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

zeitlinger@gmx. Posted at 2015-3-31 00:11
I´v sent the Inspire Camera to DJI to see if its broken. In the meantime I shoot with the Inspire  ...

really cool...any jello?  what gimbal are you using?
2015-3-30
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Italy

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-31 02:19

Unfortunately a huge jello effect but no GOP artifacts like from the Sony Inspire camera! I buyed a Zenmusse H3 3D but found out that it cannot work standalone without a DJI controller. So I took a 3D Noname gimbal with a RC receiver and Video transmitter attached by a tape. Now I have to work on Jello reducing.
harder dampers? what can I do?

Great would be if DJI would reduse the Groupe Of Picture in the InspireCam Codec.
Or add a possibility (plug) to attach a zenmuse gimbal to the Inspire with a GoPro4+!!!

4K is useless in that state now. It only sells well on the internet - not on a big screen.
2015-3-30
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-31 02:19

1.) I am using a noname 3D gimbal from Hobby King or so (I´v bought a H3 3D DJI-Zenmusse, but that does not work without a NAZA2 or A1 flight controller - and DJI could not tell me how to connect it to the Inspire electronics)
2.) I attached the noname gimbal with cable straps to the Inspire gimbal mount very tight so the dumper from Inspire (which are very good) help me to reduce the jello effect.
3.)11.3V tiny battery which supplies a) the gimbal, b) the DX6ireceiver and c) the FPV video transmitter
4.) for pitch control I need to use a second RC control which I have from my previous flame wheel 550

The jello is gone!

Lens distortion reduced in After effects and a bit of stabilisation  - and the footage is perfect without artefacts!
2015-4-3
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

I do this for a living.  I got into this drone stuff using a friends PT2 with a GoPro4 and cutting it with other RED footage.  Great. Got my own Inspire 1 last week and just shot some similar golf course footage. (I'm a BIG Gopro4 fan)...BUT, got to say,the stuff I shot on  a sunny day overlooking a golf course is amazing.  No artifacting, no jello, perfect.  Love this Inspire1 rig.  EASY to operate.   I'm sold. Could the camera be a bit better?  YES.  Maybe something is coming next week.
2015-4-3
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Bolivia

I got the camera replaced by DJI - it works much better, also the firmware upgrade helps with the sharpness setting
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules