Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie having issues- Need help
1160 5 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkster
New
Canada

Hi
Im a new DJI Spark owner and am excited about learning more about drones, in particualr my new Spark.  Just had it about a week and have got some of the basics, but a couple of things are still confusing and hard to figure out.
  • I have used my Spark in gesture mode a couple of times....but very carefully and it was pretty cool. Recently I have played around while still in basic modes with flying and so far so good. Now I wanted to use gesture mode again and i cant for the life of me get it to work.  The main issue is changing the control icon from the little controller setiing to the getsutre setting. I go through the steps, it tells me what to do....like enable gesture mode.....adn then when i do that i still get the controller icon. I then go into the page where you can select tap fly...or active fly...gesture mode....and select the gesture mode.  then it brings me to the tutorial for the getsures and thats it.   I cant get out of the controller mode?!?!...HELP?   Im on older fart whos not as COMPUTER savy....but this seems like its not normal?
  • ALmost everytime i start up my Spark, i have to recalibrate something. Ether the IMU or the compass?   WHy??   i dont get it?.....

I have an  iphone 6 i use as my controller / device

Can anyone help with these first few issues im having?

Thanks!!

2017-7-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Mount the propeller guard first for safety. Then turn on the RC, Mobile phone, Spark as usual. Make sure that Spark is ready to fly in GPS mode by looking at Dji Go 4. Now put the RC down. Perform Palm Launch. Now you are in Gesture mode. If anything goes wrong, just use RC to control Spark.
** READ USER MANUAL PAGE 23 ** for detail.
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First you shouldn't have to calibrate, what alerts are you receiving to do this?

Second do you have gesture mode enabled in your app you must enable this while your spark is turned on, after that you should only need to tap remote on you app the gesture.
2017-7-7
Use props
Sparkster
New
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-7 08:54
First you shouldn't have to calibrate, what alerts are you receiving to do this?

Second do you have gesture mode enabled in your app you must enable this while your spark is turned on, after that you should only need to tap remote on you app the gesture.

The alerts im getting are red Triangle icons......and when pressed it will tell me to calibrate either IMU or Compass.   I then go to the page where the status is and sure enough one of them usually says....please calibrate.

Just to be clear.......i turn on my phone....and have the spark wifi on.  Then i turn on the drone and wait for it to be connected ( in DJI4 app)  when i first bought the drone i tried the gesture mode almsot right away....and it worked.   Now i cant get that "normal" mode / symbol to change. I go to the setting page.....top left 3 dots...to general settings.  Then i press the Visual Nav Settings button and its blue. I turn on Enable gesture mode.......and them go back to the flight screen.....and still i have the "normal" mode...which looks like a controller

Its driving me crazy.   

It must be something so simple im missing

2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sparkster Posted at 2017-7-7 11:15
The alerts im getting are red Triangle icons......and when pressed it will tell me to calibrate either IMU or Compass.   I then go to the page where the status is and sure enough one of them usually says....please calibrate.

Just to be clear.......i turn on my phone....and have the spark wifi on.  Then i turn on the drone and wait for it to be connected ( in DJI4 app)  when i first bought the drone i tried the gesture mode almsot right away....and it worked.   Now i cant get that "normal" mode / symbol to change. I go to the setting page.....top left 3 dots...to general settings.  Then i press the Visual Nav Settings button and its blue. I turn on Enable gesture mode.......and them go back to the flight screen.....and still i have the "normal" mode...which looks like a controller

You seem to be doing everything correctly so maybe you have a problem. Regarding compass and IMU you should almost never have to calibrate these, and this is a concern, you may have noticed here in the forum a few spark craft have had compass problems with spark flying away.
I would contact dji about this.
I have 4 dji aircraft I have calibrated maybe 3 times in 3 years, I also use a company MATRICE and I have never calibrated compass.
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is possible that you can get compass error. See the error message. It tells you exactly which one. Compass error is normal to occur. Especially when indoor or near interference. Just take it outside and away from radio frequency source or magnetic induced structure. If calibration is required, just do it. Compass calibration is simple. Read the manual.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules