Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ESC status error after latest update
123Next >
36267 98 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi all, after much waiting for the update for the p3p it finally got here the update went fine for the A/C and the T/X app version is 3.1.12 had to reconnect the A/C and T/X all went well there to. The problem i now get is ESC status error, ive restarted the A/C many times with no joy. Just trying to start the motors with no props on, they used to start before the latest updates with a warning no props but at least they would start now its just this warning message ESC  status error restart A/C or contact DJI support if error persists. Please help.

2017-7-7
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi all should anybody have this problem put the firmware on the micro sd card and insert again, the motors started first time, went into a bit of a worried state reading about people replacing the main board after getting an ESC Status Error. Problem solved.
2017-7-7
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Update went out to fly p3p 1.11.0020  remote 1.9.2  latest dji go app 3.1.13  ipad4 mini latest software everything  fully charged, only warning message ive ever had was vision position sensor error so turned it off. First of three batteries flight went ok no warnings. second battery ESC status error motors will not start, turned everything on and off o few times message gone motors start flight went ok no warnings. Third battery inserted and got battery error thats a new one but after turning everything on and off a couple of time message has gone flight wen ok no warnings, all batteries flown down to 30 %. The video problem has improved and iam happy about that but whats going on with all these warnings that seem to mean nothing? DJI or anybody else have any ideas whats going on here?
2017-7-8
Use props
fans29fd0e5c
lvl.2
Canada

I am with ios, phantom 3 Pro. I did the last update yesterday. When i first start the drone, its move backward crashing on the ground beside me. I was confused about this behavior and didn't understand what was going on. This broke 1 propelers and i changed it for a new one. After when i try to start the motors, i have got the error about the ESC and to contact DJI. I than try many things, change batterie, shut off everything, restart, took out all propelers. When i try again without propelers on, the motors finaly start. I shut it off everything again put back the propelers and everything start and i flew my drone normaly drying my batterie to 10% and took a break. While trying another flight time, all error came again but less and finally the engine start again and i was able to fly again for another 15 min batterie. Today i will try again and i hope it will fly normaly like before the update. I am wondering why i did have so much trouble yesterday.
2017-7-28
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wish i could help you with your problems, you could try to re calibrate the IMU and see if that helps
2017-7-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check also the Stick mode in the app - ie 1 or 2 they can get switched by accident.
2017-7-28
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.2
Canada

FInally, the following day I was not able to start the motor still having ESC error in my iphone screen... After reading many topic, I than buy a main card for my P3P drone (part #96) at a cost of 175$ US. After, I came afront a topic that lots of users encounter the same error as me, having ESC error in tere screen BUT without having any crash with there drone. So I decide to re-install the firmware just in my RC and suprisely, everything came back normal. SInce I re-install the firmeware (new one) I never receive ESC error in my screen and my drone works/flys perfectly like before. But the only way I was finally able to re-install the firmware in my RC was by using DJI Go app connected to my RC cause that was not possible to do it as normally with my usb stick lodged in the back of my RC and I don't know why. SO I will recmand you to re-install the firmware in your RC with DGI go app. By do this, by me experience, some error desepears... I will keep my part #96 in case I really need it in the futur.
2017-8-8
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks Agent7837 iam going to try this asap
2017-8-8
Use props
fans777d7ffb
lvl.1

United States

i have the same issue with my p3adv its been grounded for several weeks now, looking for help. thx
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans777d7ffb Posted at 2017-12-5 12:48
i have the same issue with my p3adv its been grounded for several weeks now, looking for help. thx

Hey Sir, double check, the issue appear just after the update, right? If yes, please check the PM I sent and try again. Welcome to come back if there is any further questions.
2017-12-5
Use props
graffa
New
Philippines

I seem to have the same issue that with the update I am getting the esc warning and the rotors are not working. I also just before that got a very week video signal. I have update the firmware on both drone and tablet but still have the same issue. Any one have any ideas?
2018-2-8
Use props
Baggyg
lvl.1

Slovakia

I had the same issue after landing in some snow. I dreaded the ESC had burnt out after the motor being obstructed.

Didn't work for a good 2 hours afterwards. I charged the battery to full, then vitally did a IMU re-calibration. After that was able to take off again without issue. Hopefully the error will stay away now.
2018-2-14
Use props
FrankNnaji
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Hello guys I recently cleared my ESC error after months of trying so many solutions.
My case: ESC error with loud constant beeping and no LED lights were on at all (ever, not even on start up).
I knew it was a firmware error so a reload of the firmware (1.10.09) was needed but over 10 attempts failed. Tried to downgrade to previous FW the normal way but that failed. FINALLY found a method that allowed me to downgrade to previous FW versions as far as original FW. (My issue was resolved on first downgrade attempt to FW V01.09.06)
PM me for a instructions on the downgrade method, it wasn't a method designed by DJI so I think its best not to advertise it. The method is very simple and straight forward, i've had 100% success rate on 2 drones downgrading from 1.10.09 and 1.11.02.
Good Luck to all, I hope I can help you as I was helped when I was helpless. (note to self: when new FW is released wait at least 30 days then read user reviews on the FW before updating)
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. Hope it would be helpful for everybody.
2018-2-14
Use props
user2e288a7efd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40906 ft
United States

FrankNnaji Posted at 2018-2-14 04:33
Hello guys I recently cleared my ESC error after months of trying so many solutions.
My case: ESC error with loud constant beeping and no LED lights were on at all (ever, not even on start up).
I knew it was a firmware error so a reload of the firmware (1.10.09) was needed but over 10 attempts failed. Tried to downgrade to previous FW the normal way but that failed. FINALLY found a method that allowed me to downgrade to previous FW versions as far as original FW. (My issue was resolved on first downgrade attempt to FW V01.09.06)

Would appreciate direction on downgrading P3pro. Privided this corrects the video dis connect issue...hope this gets me back in the air.
Thank u in advance,
Fly safe, Tod.
2018-2-15
Use props
jodyberry
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 19:34
Hey Sir, double check, the issue appear just after the update, right? If yes, please check the PM I sent and try again. Welcome to come back if there is any further questions.

Hi, I sent a few PMs to you looking for help on this issue.  Could you help me with the idea you had?
Thanks a million!
2018-3-9
Use props
jodyberry
lvl.1
United States

My case: ESC error with loud constant beeping and no LED lights were on at all (ever, not even on start up).
I knew it was a firmware error so a reload of the firmware (1.10.09) was needed but over 10 attempts failed. Tried to downgrade to previous FW the normal way but that failed. FINALLY found a method that allowed me to downgrade to previous FW versions as far as original FW. (My issue was resolved on first downgrade attempt to FW V01.09.06)

Hi Frank - I PMd you a few times looking for your great advice  Can you PM me with your instructions of how you did it?

Thanks a lot!!
2018-3-9
Use props
jodyberry
lvl.1
United States

So it didn't work on-site with a client (luckily the last shot), but I bring it back and after a week try it and props start!!   WTH!!     Should I still downgrade just in case?     And if I do, will I constantly get the "Update your firmware" message?

Thanks all!
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jodyberry Posted at 2018-3-9 10:05
Hi, I sent a few PMs to you looking for help on this issue.  Could you help me with the idea you had?
Thanks a million!

Hello Berry, I'm sorry for the late response. It is a P3P, right? If yes, please kindly check and confirm later.
2018-3-13
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft

I've suddenly start receiving ESC status error after upgrading my P3 Pro to firmware P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin. Prior to the upgrade, everything was working perfectly. Will someone from DJI please help me. Thank you, Steve H
2018-3-28
Use props
fans15f072f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55423 ft
Israel

I have the same problem after i make the update i get ecs problem what can i do please ??hellpppp??
2018-4-8
Use props
jfdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2018-3-28 12:03
I've suddenly start receiving ESC status error after upgrading my P3 Pro to firmware P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin. Prior to the upgrade, everything was working perfectly. Will someone from DJI please help me. Thank you, Steve H

same here, very frustrating to have this problem going on after an upgrade of FW.  
2018-5-15
Use props
jfdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

ESC status error, drone will work occasionally,  sometimes fires up no problems, sometimes not.  all happened after i did the latest firmware update.  need help---thanks
2018-5-15
Use props
fans62fff29a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3114462 ft
Netherlands

jfdfirefighter Posted at 2018-5-15 23:59
ESC status error, drone will work occasionally,  sometimes fires up no problems, sometimes not.  all happened after i did the latest firmware update.  need help---thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3r ... 5%9B%BA%E4%BB%B6.7z

Try this Firmware.

2018-5-16
Use props
fansb69165b2
New

United States

fans62fff29a Posted at 2018-5-16 12:59

Try this Firmware.

I dont know you and you may have "hacked all my technology"
I talked to DJI and they said it was a board problem.
Wasn't working so I took the shot on random firmware.
AMAZING, No ESC error, bird flies again!!!!!!!!

Many thanks and kudos to you!!!!!!!!
2018-5-23
Use props
johnjohn
lvl.1

fans62fff29a Posted at 2018-5-16 12:59

Try this Firmware.

hello i tried to update to this firmware and still have the esc error any ideads??
2018-6-1
Use props
Faneur58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13996 ft

I received the file, but I find that the update ends badly each time, it lasts less than 20 minutes and always ends with a red dot.
yet the first time the version was read, drone without error. 20 minutes later: ESC error
2018-7-1
Use props
fans1d65fdd3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105768 ft
  • >>>
Mongolia

johnjohn Posted at 2018-6-1 07:20
hello i tried to update to this firmware and still have the esc error any ideads??

do you solve ecs error problem?
2018-8-4
Use props
rwemagicman
New

hello i need new firmware 1.11.30 help please
2018-8-9
Use props
pacoj2101
New
Mexico

Hey Susan I have the same problem, can you send me the firmware please
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rwemagicman Posted at 2018-8-9 14:53
hello i need new firmware 1.11.30 help please

Sorry for the late response. May I know which drone do you use? P3A or P3P? I'll PM you later.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pacoj2101 Posted at 2018-8-12 12:06
Hey Susan I have the same problem, can you send me the firmware please

I've sent you the link in PM, please kindly check whether it is the correct one, thanks!
2018-8-13
Use props
Fiqa
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi last night I updated my Mavic Pro with the app. And today I got the esc error. I tried restarting and tried to reach install and downgrade the firmware with no luck. Please help
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_dcIHU6kk0rbN
New

Hi! An old thread but I have the same error. My P3P is in perfect shape, never crashed, all the firmwares and app is the latest one and I get the esc error. I've used it inder ten hours. Is there a fix or is my Phantom dead?
2018-10-10
Use props
Feikfarm
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-13 04:37
I've sent you the link in PM, please kindly check whether it is the correct one, thanks!

I am also having the same problem after the firmware update. could you also please send me the latest version
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fiqa Posted at 2018-9-4 09:17
Hi last night I updated my Mavic Pro with the app. And today I got the esc error. I tried restarting and tried to reach install and downgrade the firmware with no luck. Please help

Hi Fiqa, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If the issue persists after firmware refresh, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_dcIHU6kk0rbN Posted at 2018-10-10 09:14
Hi! An old thread but I have the same error. My P3P is in perfect shape, never crashed, all the firmwares and app is the latest one and I get the esc error. I've used it inder ten hours. Is there a fix or is my Phantom dead?

Sorry for the late response as I just read your message. The link has been sent in PM, please kindly check whether you have received it, thanks!
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Feikfarm Posted at 2018-10-16 12:24
I am also having the same problem after the firmware update. could you also please send me the latest version

Hi Feikfarm, may I know which drone do you refer? P3A or P3P? I'll send you a message in PM, please kindly check later, thanks!
2018-10-17
Use props
Chief979
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69154 ft
United States

Hello - I have posted in other threads without any success.  I have Phantom 3 Pro that was updated to 1.11.20 and now showing ESC Status error.  Could I please get the FW that fixes it?  Thank you.
2018-10-18
Use props
RaVenXP1971
New

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-17 19:29
Hi Feikfarm, may I know which drone do you refer? P3A or P3P? I'll send you a message in PM, please kindly check later, thanks!

I have a P3P and ESC Error... DJI Susan do you can help me ?
2019-2-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules