Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thoughts On Combined Gimbal Cover/Clamp
1664 14 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa1135964
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the combo gimbal cover/clamps that have popped up:
Gimbal Cover/Clamp on Amazon

While I love the idea, I'm concerned that it doesn't provide the support at the base of the gimbal that the factory clamp provides.  Do you think it is held as securely as the factory clamp?   I'd love to hear DJI's thoughts as well.   I'm tempted to get one, but I don't want to risk gimbal damage.

Thanks,
LP

2017-7-7
Use props
DonMigel1979
lvl.4
Germany

Hi.I own one of these. They fit very well. No problems.
2017-7-7
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

I think China are selling those with different lenses, so like an ND gimbal cover in one, but as plastic not very high grade I don't think...
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa1135964
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks....do you notice that the base of the gimbal moves a little when you bump/shake the mavic, or is it as secure and stable as the factory clamp?

LP
2017-7-7
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have have the same question as the OP. The clip of my dome just broke off and looking for a new one I saw they now have these combo looking ones lol and I was wondering how they work for other people.
2017-7-7
Use props
Battleicious
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25092 ft
United States

So this removes the need for a the clamp and adds a protective cover as well? I lost my gimbal clamp so sign me up.
2017-7-7
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the one from polar pro and it works very well and much easier than the one that comes with Mavic.
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa1135964
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-7-7 16:36
I purchased the one from polar pro and it works very well and much easier than the one that comes with Mavic.

I figured it would probably go on and be easier to deal with than the stock clamp, but I'm still not clear if it provides enough support for the gimbal base.   If someone has one, can you install it and shake the mavic a bit to see if you get any movement?

Thanks,
LP
2017-7-8
Use props
NorcalCobra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

I have one of these... Love it..   Works perfectly.  Keeps the gimbal stable during transport.  A+  
2017-7-8
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok thanks - maybe I'll 'splurge' then.   Thanks!
2017-7-8
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa1135964 Posted at 2017-7-8 07:33
I figured it would probably go on and be easier to deal with than the stock clamp, but I'm still not clear if it provides enough support for the gimbal base.   If someone has one, can you install it and shake the mavic a bit to see if you get any movement?

Thanks,

The polar pro keeps the gimbal secure.  I like it much better than the one that came with the Mavic.  
2017-7-8
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok...so the Polar Pro is completely different, no?  It's not a globe...just a lens cover and gimbal lock?   I think I like the globe better.

LP
2017-7-8
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Have a similar unit, except rectangular. Does hold the gimbal well, no transport problems so far.
2017-7-8
Use props
jackrabbitslim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 481220 ft
United Kingdom

Bought one of these also as the original one got damaged, works a treat
2017-7-22
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I removed the gimbal clamp when I first unpacked my Mavic and have never replaced it.  I have an open sun-guard hood fitted to the Mavic protecting the gimbal all the time, and that's the only protection I have.    As long as you don't throw your Mavic around, you should be fine!

Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules