Firmware update bricked my remote.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Don't Look Up P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2796247 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I pulled my remote out today connected it to my tablet and did the firmware update. Everything went smoothly and the update completed. When I turned off my remote to reboot it it won't turn back on. No lights at all come on at all, it's fully charged, and  no lights come on when I try sticking my charger to it. When I plug the remote to my tablet it says it's connected to the remote but nothing else happens. What do I do in this situation?
2017-7-7
Use props
gonehawking
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1091795 ft
United States

I came here to post this exact same thing. My remote is bricked, no lights at all. Just updated it 2 hours ago and it was working and flying fine. Got home ran the update, now I can't get controller to boot.
2017-7-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha cneed,

What firmware version were you trying to update?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

gonehawking Posted at 2017-7-7 15:40
I came here to post this exact same thing. My remote is bricked, no lights at all. Just updated it 2 hours ago and it was working and flying fine. Got home ran the update, now I can't get controller to boot.

Aloha hawking,

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-7
Use props
gonehawking
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-7 22:25
Aloha hawking,

I have no idea what the numbers are but obviously from whatever was existing on the remote to the newest. As with original poster the iPad hooks up to it and shows connected and "normal" state but no lights and the drone doesn't connect either.
2017-7-8
Use props
Oldflyer-141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1707310 ft
United States

i have the same problem, did the update as normal through the app.  It said it was complete and said to reset the controller; i did, now all it does is turn on, and all lights are on.  Red Light and all 4 White lights.  But it wont show up in my app, completely unresponsive.  Is there a way to restart the update through USB or something.
2017-7-8
Use props
fansb4646ad7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212762 ft
France

In another thread a guy said you have to relink your remote to the aircraft
2017-7-8
Use props
fanse4dba1d4
New
Flight distance : 30476 ft
United States

I was able to get it to work by uninstalling the DJI Go app and reinstalling it.  When I started the app up again, it allowed me to connect to the remote controller and start the update again.  Pheww......

So, thinking back on the sequence of events - I hadn't flown in over a month.  The DJI App had a pending update from the app store.  So, I'm thinking always update the DJI Go app first, then downlod and install the remote firmware update.  I noticed in one of the posts that you should update your aircraft's firmware first, then update the remote.

Bottom line - I have to keep up with all of the updates as they come out!
2017-7-8
Use props
gonehawking
lvl.1
United States

fanse4dba1d4 Posted at 2017-7-8 09:29
I was able to get it to work by uninstalling the DJI Go app and reinstalling it.  When I started the app up again, it allowed me to connect to the remote controller and start the update again.  Pheww......

So, thinking back on the sequence of events - I hadn't flown in over a month.  The DJI App had a pending update from the app store.  So, I'm thinking always update the DJI Go app first, then downlod and install the remote firmware update.  I noticed in one of the posts that you should update your aircraft's firmware first, then update the remote.

Reinstalling the app did nothing, the app still shows the remote as up to date and connecting even though no lights are displaying and it still doesn't connect to the drone.
2017-7-8
Use props
fanscf6092f9
New
Flight distance : 703451 ft
United Kingdom

gonehawking Posted at 2017-7-8 10:44
Reinstalling the app did nothing, the app still shows the remote as up to date and connecting even though no lights are displaying and it still doesn't connect to the drone.

Just got my bird back from a DJI repair, it was in getting the shell replaced for stress cracks
After a re-pair of the controller to the AC a firmware update (pushed onto me) bricked my controller!

I am not at all happy, takes to long for the repairs, I am going for a refund as I live in the UK

2017-7-9
Use props
nmiller67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559117 ft
United States

Relinking my controller to the aircraft worked for me as well.  you can search for video on youtube on relinking controller to phanton it's quick and easy if that is your issue.
2017-7-9
Use props
Oldflyer-141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1707310 ft
United States

Oldflyer-141 Posted at 2017-7-8 06:33
i have the same problem, did the update as normal through the app.  It said it was complete and said to reset the controller; i did, now all it does is turn on, and all lights are on.  Red Light and all 4 White lights.  But it wont show up in my app, completely unresponsive.  Is there a way to restart the update through USB or something.

Ok, mine has gotten worse.  Before i could at least connect to my app.  Tech support had be reset my controller, and then said to re-install the update.  I reset the controller, and now it has  light green light as the status light, and when i plug into the app, it doesnt see it.  If i restart again as normal it comes up to a slow blinking red light, and does not see the app.
2017-7-9
Use props
gonehawking
lvl.1
United States

Ready for this everyone. This is DJI's formal support response: "well technically, your remote controller have a problem with the board, that's why when you updated the latest version it was failed to turn it back on." So it runs fine 30 minutes before the update, it updates and fails to reboot but it's equipment problems. High quality service.
2017-7-11
Use props
gonehawking
lvl.1
United States

And they are super knowledgable "anyway, have you tried to charged your remote controller using other usb cable?" Because their controllers use USB to charge... Dear god help us all. I believe i won't be buying any more DJI equipment when this is the quality of their service/support department.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules