Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark went nuts and crashed.
1822 14 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

Earlier in the week I loss signal to remote connected via cable to min ipad4. I was less than 15 meters away. It initiated RTH. Remote reconnected and I was able to land it myself. Today I'm flying it through a hiking trail. Everything was fine until it wasn't. It just went nuts, no warning and stopped responding. Crashed into tree and to the ground. No visible damage except maybe small crack on one propeller. I was using the prop guards since I don't trust it just yet. I reviewed the Flight log and it does not show any warnings and shows gps locked to 10-12 Sats.
2017-7-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's best to fly these things out in the open spaces of a field with no trees, I sounds like 10-12 satellites weren't enough, Im assuming you flying with trees overhead?
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-7 15:09
It's best to fly these things out in the open spaces of a field with no trees, I sounds like 10-12 satellites weren't enough, Im assuming you flying with trees overhead?

100% agree...this things (Spark) just aren't reliable enough to fly like they are advertised to fly.  Even more so if you've never flown a DJI device.  Especially without using a RC.
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

When you say you reviewed flight log do you mean flight playback, you could upload your flight log to link below just click link and follow instructions and come back and post your link. Might help you understand what happened.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-7
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

To explain a bit better, the flight that I lost RC connection was in an open field. The second one was going great right up to the moment it decided to go nuts. Also if 10-12 satellites isn't enough than what is. Also I think I'd rather have it crash into a tree where at least I have a spark to return for repair. Unlike so many that have lost them altogether and can't claim a replacement. I'll try to upload those files
2017-7-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

This does appear to be a wide spread issue.  I too have issues flys fine with 1st  battery, 2nd battery "Aircraft disconnected".... DONT FLY OVER WATER YET!!!!   These things just drop when it looses connection.  Check the other groups.   I REALLY think this is a thermal issue... and it it is....   
2017-7-7
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-7 15:19
When you say you reviewed flight log do you mean flight playback, you could upload your flight log to link below just click link and follow instructions and come back and post your link. Might help you understand what happened.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Is this one file or many files. What are the named? Also when I try to export to cvs where does DJI GO 4 save it to? Thanks for your help.
2017-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans99d24711 Posted at 2017-7-7 17:21
Is this one file or many files. What are the named? Also when I try to export to cvs where does DJI GO 4 save it to? Thanks for your help.

You should be able to upload to PH and just post link here, from the link we can see your log.
2017-7-7
Use props
eli11204
New
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I had the same thing just i was connected to spark with wifi. I was flying right on top of me in a straight line when all of a sudden it shows "aircraft disconnected" and the drone started flying radicly sideways until it must have crashed somewhere.  
2017-7-8
Use props
eli11204
New
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The GPS showed it lost signal but i was still able to see some picture, but i never recovered the drone. its a shame that this product has so many flaws. I had my drone for less then 3 full days. DJI get your act together please
2017-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

eli11204@aol.co Posted at 2017-7-8 01:00
The GPS showed it lost signal but i was still able to see some picture, but i never recovered the drone. its a shame that this product has so many flaws. I had my drone for less then 3 full days. DJI get your act together please

If you put your log up it will show the flaws, if it was one. You can follow instructions above.
2017-7-8
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

Scary the number of drones flying away out of control. Let's hope no one gets injured.
2017-7-8
Use props
Sparkantti
New
Flight distance : 1529 ft
Finland

Yeah, just had my Spark fly away. First loads of error messages and app stopped responding, then got signal back, but the drone just kept flying one way until I didn't see it anymore. It was right above me in the open and lost compass. That's a lost drone on the second day owning it. Too many bugs still.
2017-7-11
Use props
SparkAustin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125308 ft
United States

Something similar happened to me. I was on the beach and I was very lucky it decided to fly into a building and not towards the sea. Sent it to DJI for replacement and expect it doesn't count against my DJI care.
2017-7-11
Use props
jeflea1989
New
United States

So was DJi able to do anything? I had a similar issue, where the remote lost connection....and the spark decided to fly off.....into a tree....then hit the ground, breaking off a motor....not happy spending this much on a drone, only for it to have so many issues.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules