Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 444921 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone
Please any suggestion to avoid landing DJI spark in the water. I want to do some canoeing and I want my spark to follow me, but what appends if suddenly it loose connection with my IPhone.
It is better to start only in gesture mode, so it doesn't record any home point ?
Thanks
2017-7-8
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Besides closely monitoring your signal strength there isn't much more you can do.  I would suggest that you get as much flying time in as you can over land.  That will help you gauge your Spark's limitations.
2017-7-8
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

Ok Thanks but with my Phantom 4 I can choose between Hovering and RTH  in case of disconnection from Remote. Frankly over  the water I will choose Hovering not RTH ( because on the water I don't stay in the same position). What I can do with Spark ? Which is the best solution, Thanks
2017-7-8
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Until now there is now hover or land option on rth in the go app options.
Hopefully dji will add this! (Like all other drones)
2017-7-8
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I ve only done a few test flights with my new spark which I bought primarily to use over water. Personally I wouldn't rely on gesture or phone control over water but instead will use the controller. Range with the phone is too limited
2017-7-8
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw a video the other day, can't find it now, someone attached what looked to be Styrofoam balls to the Spark so it would float. I've seen a similar arrangement sold commercially for the Mavic. Might be worth looking into.
2017-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you start with gesture no homepoint recorded, but if you connect phone or remote it will then record homepoint from that position, you could set your homepoint to a near piece of terra ferma.
2017-7-8
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I think it would be mandatory to add the option "Hovering in case of disconnection" like all other drones.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules