Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-24 15:25
Maybe you have been problem free because you haven't had the opportunity to fly outside of your normal areas that work just fine.  Lots of people buy these to travel with though and have no idea if they will be arbitrarily locked out of NFZ's for no reason.  By the time they figure out they need to unlock the area its too late to get it unlocked and will have to wait days.  And before people start saying they should have looked it up before they went on vacation....REALLY?   Who they hell knows where they might want to spontaneously catch some great footage!   It is ABSURD to have DJI control where and when we can fly like this.

Absurd or not is a matter of personal opinion. I disagree, since matured geofencing system will help to minimize potential conflicts of drones with other forms of mankind activities or even with animals in protected habitats. Problem is that the idea of forced restrictions drastically collide with the spirit of freedom, so deeply embedded in our mentality. However, there's very subtle line between freedom and anarchy ...
2017-7-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I will have an opportunity to fly in NFZ in 2 weeks, just as I did last year.. Will compare the like to like...
Honestly, I may be lucky that I do not need to fly in NFZ.. and to be honest I am puzzled why so many of you have to fly in NFZ?
Initially it was "OMG! They gonna ground me", then it was "OMG, another firmware will break my drone", which was followed by "The damned restrictions without internet".. Well,each of those were kind of disproved, minus some people who actually got some failures.. so now it's all about flying in NFZ.. well, dont... gosh! There's a reason they are NFZ...  But lik I say, when I do my NFZ I will report how it went, and yes, for flying in NFZ internet connection was ALWAYS neccessary... nothing changed there....
As for freedom.. well sorry, idiots do not deserve freedom.. especially in countries where you can sue the manufacturer for any idiocy they did not prevent you from doing.. so there.. the culture and tradition takes toll...  We gonna be more and more restricted as idiots do more and more of what is not allowed.. live with it, and fly as responsibly as possible.. in time, perhaps they (governments, manufacturers, general aviation) will take us seriously, and will lighten the restrictions?
I really do not try to be offensive.. but the amount of complaining here...  I wonder what % of the complaints here could have simply been resolved with a little more planning and understanding of the system....[and yes, i flew in quruite a few areas I've never flew before, not a single issue]
2017-7-24
Use props
DentonPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009898 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-9 05:32
According to the app description flight is restricted unless connected.  It doesn't say anything about "one time" in DJI's description.

Connected OR logged in - reads pretty clear. One or the other, not AND.
2017-7-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-7-24 19:30
I will have an opportunity to fly in NFZ in 2 weeks, just as I did last year.. Will compare the like to like...
Honestly, I may be lucky that I do not need to fly in NFZ.. and to be honest I am puzzled why so many of you have to fly in NFZ?
Initially it was "OMG! They gonna ground me", then it was "OMG, another firmware will break my drone", which was followed by "The damned restrictions without internet".. Well,each of those were kind of disproved, minus some people who actually got some failures.. so now it's all about flying in NFZ.. well, dont... gosh! There's a reason they are NFZ...  But lik I say, when I do my NFZ I will report how it went, and yes, for flying in NFZ internet connection was ALWAYS neccessary... nothing changed there....

Phantomski, P4P generation of DJI drones under Go 4 app and "new & improved" geofencing system has not much in common with your birds. This new system implemented just before summer created lots of confusion and troubles for vacationers like myself, when precise planning and geo map studying was difficult to perform on the go. No responsible pilot will question the necessity and value of geofencing, but   the issue is much more complicated than just whining, complaining and venting. And yes, my P3P and I1P flies charmingly as always ... on year old firmware and Go app!
2017-7-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-24 20:34
Phantomski, P4P generation of DJI drones under Go 4 app and "new & improved" geofencing system has not much in common with your birds. This new system implemented just before summer created lots of confusion and troubles for vacationers like myself, when precise planning and geo map studying was difficult to perform on the go. No responsible pilot will question the necessity and value of geofencing, but   the issue is much more complicated than just whining, complaining and venting. And yes, my P3P and I1P flies charmingly as always ... on year old firmware and Go app!

Ha! Really? P4 is that different? As for researching stuff prior to flying, i agree it sucks.. between go app, b4ufly and others, it can get quite confusing.. many of these apps simply dislike showing data away from where you are. IU guess i will need to start traveling more to experience this - interesting.. So far I only few around Colorado and some in Arizona, not a single issue, except by an airport, as I expected...  but then again, new firmware is less than 1 month old.. and I only flew few locations thus far....
One can only hope that if the issue is streamlining the process, DJI will catch on.. They usually did in the past - and no question, they got lot's of grief on the last one....
2017-7-24
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-25 00:03
It seems pretty clear being "logged in" requires being "connected".

This is exactly where you are wrong...  You "log in" ONCE, while "connected" to the internet, then you are "logged in" whenever you start your system without the need to be "connected" to the internet.  If you want to use a third party App, simply start your system with DJI GO 4, then shut down DJI GO 4 and start your chosen App.  It has been said over and over again, yet there are still some who find it too hard to understand. In other words, it is a software flag that is set once and stays set until it is reset by a new firmware or App update (and you need to re-log in).
2017-7-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-25 03:51
Yeah that's what I want to do...fire up the bird, run Go to get DJI's blessing, then quit Go & start Litchi....NOT!

None of that applies to me, nor will it.  I run older firmware & an older version of the app.

LOL, then don't complain
2017-7-25
Use props
inpassing
New
United States

I hate to ask this here but for some reason CJI will not let me start a new string. My particular android phone will fly my new phantom 4 pro but is not compatible to update firmware. It is new and running latest Android version. DJI's recommendation is to get a new device. After spending a few thousand on this thing buying a new smartphone is not an option. Does anyone know if i can update firmware from my computer. The support guy cut off our chat after he told me I needed to try another device. please help. I do not feel comfortable flying this thing without updating.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Whta's that remote island!?!?
2017-7-25
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-25 07:31
I voice my concerns as i have since this entire GEO concept was announced.  It is almost humorous observing how casually some folks surrender their liberties.  Some are perfectly fine purchasing a product & allowing a foreign company to dictate where an when they may use it.  Would you purchase an automobile that required permission from the manufacturer before starting the engine & driving?  

SMH @ sheeple...

Well said, I agree completley
2017-7-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

inpassing Posted at 2017-7-25 07:47
I hate to ask this here but for some reason CJI will not let me start a new string. My particular android phone will fly my new phantom 4 pro but is not compatible to update firmware. It is new and running latest Android version. DJI's recommendation is to get a new device. After spending a few thousand on this thing buying a new smartphone is not an option. Does anyone know if i can update firmware from my computer. The support guy cut off our chat after he told me I needed to try another device. please help. I do not feel comfortable flying this thing without updating.

yes, you can by using DJI Assistant, which you can download from the DJI website. And you will be able to start new threads in the forum when you have a little more points :-)
2017-7-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-25 07:31
I voice my concerns as i have since this entire GEO concept was announced.  It is almost humorous observing how casually some folks surrender their liberties.  Some are perfectly fine purchasing a product & allowing a foreign company to dictate where an when they may use it.  Would you purchase an automobile that required permission from the manufacturer before starting the engine & driving?  

SMH @ sheeple...

The GEO concept is totally fine. The implementation needs some fine tuning, but that will come. But somebody will still cling to the old and abused car example, even if it's high time to come up with something newer and more fitting...
2017-7-25
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-25 08:14
...and some people will continue to concede control of their property & shill for a system which is unwarranted & unnecessary.  Consider advocating for ladder regulations or something that actually causes serious injury & death.

That old car argument must be a pesky thorn since you neglected to answer the question.

Whatever rocks your system...  
2017-7-25
Use props
Snake Plithkin
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-25
Use props
Snake Plithkin
Banned

United States

2017-7-25
Use props
Snake Plithkin
Banned

United States

2017-7-25
Use props
Snake Plithkin
Banned

United States

2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed because some can't behave themselves.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules