Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cant see Iphone 6s plus screen in sunlight !
2434 19 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flying SPARKY:
In bright sunlight i just COULD NOT SEE my iphone 6s Plus with high protective case on (keep dropping them from motorbike at work, so case IS NEEDED) this case has another glass cover built in and does a amazing job of saving my phone) ..so had to fly SPARKY from L:O:S ,and guess, where camera was pointing.
My wife was with me with her Iphone 7 Plus and that was marginaly better with no case on ( she more careful than me) ...Still had a blast trying out the features on Sparky and it behaved impecably with 4 batteries..

FLYING P4P+
I got the P4P+ out and the screen was AMAZINGLY clear even when sunlight behind me and manged some great shots from being able to see the screen this is definatly a deal breaker for me now and am glad FOR ONCE i got the p4p+ .....
Happy droning folks ...

2017-7-8
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578543 ft
United Kingdom

I use iPhone 6 and I just put my brightness up to full while flying can see great then I do also move myself so am casting a shadow on my screen if I can depending on which way am flying
2017-7-8
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-8 11:56
I use iPhone 6 and I just put my brightness up to full while flying can see great then I do also move myself so am casting a shadow on my screen if I can depending on which way am flying

yea think its my case is the issue tbh ..
but heyo all a learning curve, DJI goggles orederd now , so not a bad day after all

2017-7-8
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Your getting the goggles, omg am so jelly! Been telling my wife about them a lot hahaha

Do they work with the spark? I thought they was a mavic,phantom 4 and inspire thing?
2017-7-8
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-8 12:08
Your getting the goggles, omg am so jelly! Been telling my wife about them a lot hahaha

Do they work with the spark? I thought they was a mavic,phantom 4 and inspire thing?

Yea they work with Spark , not got all features like head tracking , but will be great
Order Time:        2017-07-08 16:59:19 (UTC)
HAHAHA
and i have P4P+ too so win win win ...
2017-7-8
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-8 12:19
Yea they work with Spark , not got all features like head tracking , but will be great
Order Time:        2017-07-08 16:59:19 (UTC)
HAHAHA

Unless Dji have not updated the website which I think will be the case
2017-7-8
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-8 12:31
Unless Dji have not updated the website which I think will be the case

http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs
then got to Frequent questions
connectivity Question 3
3. What DJI drones are compatible with the DJI Goggles through USB cables?
Spark, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Inspire 2
2017-7-8
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-8 12:43
connectivity Question 3

Ahh there you go, all good!, they need to update the specs bit of the website?

I really want some but £500 is a lot would love to try them first to see how much they are worth it.

Very jealous bet you will have great fun
2017-7-8
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-8 12:44
Ahh there you go, all good!, they need to update the specs bit of the website?

I really want some but £500 is a lot would love to try them first to see how much they are worth it.

yea like all DJI products they are expensive , but are great quality, shame about their software , but you cant have it all can ya......can't wait , just going on youtube and medai reorts tbh..so will see fingers crossed..
2017-7-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe you could get a sun shield, it may help http://amzn.to/2ttLXJa or I have one of these and it does improve the screen in direct sunlight,  http://amzn.to/2sZIHSb it gives the screen a black tint so is better to see outdoors
2017-7-8
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-8 13:31
Maybe you could get a sun shield, it may help http://amzn.to/2ttLXJa or I have one of these and it does improve the screen in direct sunlight,  http://amzn.to/2sZIHSb it gives the screen a black tint so is better to see outdoors

many thanks , will defo look into the screen , never thought of that idea ....cheers
2017-7-8
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
United Kingdom

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-8 12:47
yea like all DJI products they are expensive , but are great quality, shame about their software , but you cant have it all can ya......can't wait , just going on youtube and medai reorts tbh..so will see fingers crossed..

Software not that bad, but like you say you can not have it all.

Don't know one company that has both good hardware and software there is always going to be kinks
2017-7-8
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-8 14:24
Software not that bad, but like you say you can not have it all.

Don't know one company that has both good hardware and software there is always going to be kinks

for sure mate , but they do give us great fun , thats for sure , and keeps us out the pub ..so women happy too
2017-7-8
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-8 12:43
connectivity Question 3

Small caveat, for those who don't read the fine print -

the Goggles works with the Spark if you have the RC (remote controller). No remote, no worky. I was mucking about it my Goggles as well, but after hauling around a lightweight drone and a set of Goggles that weighs as much as my Spark full kit (props, 6 batteries, aircraft, RC), I gave up.

Why? because for me, one of the Spark's greatest features is not having to set up much.

1. Turn on DJI Go 4 on my iPhone
2. power up the drone
3. Palmlaunch

compared to
1. mount phone on RC
2. Turn on DJI Go
3. Power on RC
4. Power on Spark
5. launch

If I wanted a 5 step process, I'd pull out the Mavic
4. Palm launch
2017-7-9
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 03:36
Small caveat, for those who don't read the fine print -

the Goggles works with the Spark if you have the RC (remote controller). No remote, no worky. I was mucking about it my Goggles as well, but after hauling around a lightweight drone and a set of Goggles that weighs as much as my Spark full kit (props, 6 batteries, aircraft, RC), I gave up.

+1...I love my DJI goggles, but lugging those things around really does suck.  Like others, I got the Spark for its ultra portability for when I'm out on my motorcycle.
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-9 04:03
+1...I love my DJI goggles, but lugging those things around really does suck.  Like others, I got the Spark for its ultra portability for when I'm out on my motorcycle.

DJI just released an interesting sling bag that holds the Goggles AND a Mavic. Looks pretty neat, I might pick one up soon enough
2017-7-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I stand in the shade when I fly
2017-7-9
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 10:09
DJI just released an interesting sling bag that holds the Goggles AND a Mavic. Looks pretty neat, I might pick one up soon enough

Doesn't look as if it would hold much more than goggles & Mavic
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-9 11:01
Doesn't look as if it would hold much more than goggles & Mavic

It holds Goggles, Mavic, Mavic RC, 2 extra batteries, and I'd assume there's enough space for props, cables, etc in the bag (probably not prop guards though). I'll get a friend to fab a leather holder that attaches to the shoulder strap to hold an extra 2 batteries, so that's a total of 5 batteries for a fun day out.
2017-7-10
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-9 10:42
I stand in the shade when I fly

Not much shade when I fly in the mountains or deserts in UAE.....and I wouldn't operate the aircraft from inside my car, given the fact that I'm sitting within a metal cage.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules