Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

Hello Natalia I have exactly the same problem and I would like to test the beta firmware this is my email
boroczki@boglarnet.hu Thank You

2017-7-19
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-19 18:33
Hi All,
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we care much about your feedback and are working to locate where the issue persists recently.
For the shaking situation you reported, would you please leave your dji accounts (e-mail address) here? I will forward your accounts to engineers to provide you the beta firmware.

please send to ahmed.abdoulaye@gmail.com
2017-7-19
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we care much about your feedback and are working to locate where the issue persists recently.
For the shaking situation you reported, would you please leave your dji accounts (e-mail address) here? I will forward your accounts to engineers to provide you the beta firmware.

Which issues of the reported issues is this FW update supposed to fix? Only the flight characteristics?
2017-7-19
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Offering it out to all those affected doesn't really classify as beta when almost everyone is affected and the release candidate was more buggy than the original beta. We need a new phase in the DJI software lifecycle. Pre-charlie?
2017-7-20
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

Hi All,

Hi Natalia!  I recorded another video and log for you to help with the shaking situation.  Here is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25FEpp9wChHTmNHR3RiTkc2NUE. And here is a short video showing the drone descend and wobble: Of course, I wasn't recording video again...but the drone almost flipped over while in sports mode.  In the log, your engineers could look for when I switched to sports mode.  Somewhere after that they might be able to find where it almost flipped.  My heart almost stopped!

I wouldn't mind testing out the possible firmware fix for you!  I'll PM you my email address!  Thank you for all the help.
2017-7-20
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Mugrunty Posted at 2017-7-20 02:09
Hi Natalia!  I recorded another video and log for you to help with the shaking situation.  Here is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25FEpp9wChHTmNHR3RiTkc2NUE. And here is a short video showing the drone descend and wobble: https://youtu.be/yIH8ns7hzEM. Of course, I wasn't recording video again...but the drone almost flipped over while in sports mode.  In the log, your engineers could look for when I switched to sports mode.  Somewhere after that they might be able to find where it almost flipped.  My heart almost stopped!

I wouldn't mind testing out the possible firmware fix for you!  I'll PM you my email address!  Thank you for all the help.

I was testing mine in sports mode when it did flip and crash luckily into some bushes with just a broken blade, I've also asked for beta software but would prefer just to go to previous version.
2017-7-20
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
United States

usarfireman Posted at 2017-7-20 02:17
I was testing mine in sports mode when it did flip and crash luckily into some bushes with just a broken blade, I've also asked for beta software but would prefer just to go to previous version.

I guess I won't fly in sports mode yet!  Every time I fly, I'm flying to characterize and better understand the issue.  This time I was just curious as to if sport mode behaved any different.  It seems okay going side to side low to the ground, but when I started to fly circles or something is when it decided to "buck" a couple times and almost flip over.  I'm always one for liking new features!  I can hope that the engineers found what might be causing the issue.  But I want to be able to trust my drone.  I just was at that point with the previous firmware.  I wanted to record my house being built with a time-lapse Litchi mission, but I'm afraid to fly more than 30 feet with this firmware.  Let alone an unsupervised Litchi mission.
2017-7-20
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Hi,
Has somebody try to make all calibrations with SD card removed?
DJI support ask to do that but I am not with my drone now to check it.
Thanks.
2017-7-20
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
United States

I removed my SD card and did a refresh as well as an IMU and gimbal calibration. It didn't help. My video above is with the Drone flying without an SD card.
2017-7-20
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Icer Posted at 2017-7-20 02:55
Hi,

Yes, it did nothing to fix the problem and it seemed to be even worse afterwards. I haven't seen more than one or two reports of any improvements. Most see no difference.
2017-7-20
Use props
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2386772 ft
Australia

Same problems here since the update and just about every other p4 owner that did the update! About time for some answers from dji.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-19 18:47
Hi DJI Natalia. Is it okay to PM you our email addresses so they are not shared publicly? PM to follow...

Thank you, will help you handle it soon, please keep us posted with the performance and provide us the latest logs, thank you!
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-19 22:12
Hi Natalia , thank you for your interest. I've sent to You a PM with my email.

Thank you, will help you handle it soon.
Please test the performance firstly, then export the latest logs which is very important to us, thank you.

2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Icer Posted at 2017-7-19 22:17
Hi Natalia. I also send to you PM with email/account. Hope to get test firmware asap. Thanks.

I received your message, will help you handle it soon, thanks.
Please test the performance firstly, then export the latest logs which is very important to us, thank you.

2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Crazyant Posted at 2017-7-19 22:44
Hi DJ Natalia. I would like the beta firware as well. My email DJI account is antanast@anadixis.com

No problem, will help you do that soon, thank you for your support.Besides, please test the performance firstly, then export the latest logs which is very important to us, thank you.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-19 22:53
Natalia

Could you ask DJI engineers if they are also looking to fix a problem when recording video ?

You have the latest firmware for P4, right?
Would you please upload a video which may be very helpful for us to locate the issue, thanks.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bulcsú Posted at 2017-7-19 23:19
Hello Natalia I have exactly the same problem and I would like to test the beta firmware this is my email
Thank You

OK, thanks, will help you handle it soon.Please test the performance firstly, then export the latest logs which is very important to us, thanks.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

usarfireman Posted at 2017-7-19 22:37
PM also sent, if PM method not good enough could you provide an email address we can send our DJI info to rather than putting our private email address on the forum

I received your message, thanks.Please test the performance after upgrading and export latest logs to us, appreciate it.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

lean Posted at 2017-7-19 22:52

OK, thanks, will help you handle it soon.Please test the performance after upgrading the beta and export the latest logs for us, appreciate it.
2017-7-20
Use props
r_drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2120758 ft
Russia

Natalia, also send to you PM with email/account, waiting new firmware...
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

No problem, will help you handle it soon, appreciate your patience!Please test the performance firstly, then export the latest logs which is very important to us, thank you in advance.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mugrunty Posted at 2017-7-20 02:09
Hi Natalia!  I recorded another video and log for you to help with the shaking situation.  Here is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25FEpp9wChHTmNHR3RiTkc2NUE. And here is a short video showing the drone descend and wobble: https://youtu.be/yIH8ns7hzEM. Of course, I wasn't recording video again...but the drone almost flipped over while in sports mode.  In the log, your engineers could look for when I switched to sports mode.  Somewhere after that they might be able to find where it almost flipped.  My heart almost stopped!

Thank you very much for the data and video, would you please leave me your dji account (e-mail) so we can provide you the beta?
2017-7-20
Use props
Kolbasatka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567067 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Natalia, also send to you PM with email/account, waiting new firmware...
2017-7-20
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

Hi Natalia , just sent a PM with my email. Please let us know if that will suffice.
Thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:57
I received your message, thanks.Please test the performance after upgrading and export latest logs to us, appreciate it.

As soon as I am able to update I will, will not be able to access fligt data till I return home from holiday will reformat SD card before testing so only current flight data is sent
2017-7-20
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

If that's the only way out of this I'd like the new firmware as well, Cant possibly be any worse than what I have now.
I would prefer to have the option to rollback to the previously released version it flew better.
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:56
You have the latest firmware for P4, right?
Would you please upload a video which may be very helpful for us to locate the issue, thanks.

Natalia

Thank you for your reply, yes I have all latest firmware on RC, Aircraft & DJI Go 4 V4.1.3.

I do not have a video of this, and will not be in a position to produce anything for a few days. However one or two others have posted video regarding this problem in THIS thread.

A quick summary of my problem;-

After an indeterminate time flying while recording 4k video at 30 fps the video stops recording, the video screen goes black for 2-3 seconds or so. During which time the Gimbal appears to 'reset'. All seems well after a few seconds, with no apparent loss of flight stability or control. Video recording can be resumed after this, but seems likely to fail again soon after unless aircraft power cycled.

I have not been aware of the flight instability reported by others, and the gimbal horizon seems very good, even after fast yaws and spins etc.
2017-7-20
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

Hi All,

Hi Natalia,please send firmware to norgosanow@hotmail.com  thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
Goof
lvl.2
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 05:06
Natalia

Thank you for your reply, yes I have all latest firmware on RC, Aircraft & DJI Go 4 V4.1.3.

Drop the recording quality back one setting, either the QHD or the FullHD 1080p setting avoids this for now.

Right now we'll have to wait for new firmware to record in 4K again, AFAIK there's been no other work around for this issue.
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Goof Posted at 2017-7-20 05:16
Drop the recording quality back one setting, either the QHD or the FullHD 1080p setting avoids this for now.

Right now we'll have to wait for new firmware to record in 4K again, AFAIK there's been no other work around for this issue.

Than you for the feedback, yes I was aware of the 'work around' by reducing resolution. The purpose of my message was to try and ensure DJI have noted it as a problem.
2017-7-20
Use props
StrelokL2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334311 ft
Russia

Natalia

the old problem with flickering or pulsing video
phantom 4 and phantom 4 pro have that problem

may be DJI  engineers fix it?
2017-7-20
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

after flashing the latest firmware my p4 also has bad issues. please send me the beta firmware: phil.vonderley@freenet.de  

thanks a lot
2017-7-20
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Wow, I can see people who never complaint about the update asking for the beta firmware. I think the issue affects almost everyone.
2017-7-20
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

Icer Posted at 2017-7-20 02:55
Hi,

didnt work for me
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-20 05:39
Wow, I can see people who never complaint about the update asking for the beta firmware. I think the issue affects almost everyone.

Who wouldn't want a 'Free Sample' ?

2017-7-20
Use props
DroneDirector
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391063 ft
Faroe Islands

Hi All,

Please give me beta access as well to simon@azurafiles.com thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-20 08:19
My English is bad, I do not understand what you mean, only the happy face

I'll try another phrase, "who wouldn't want a free lunch"
2017-7-20
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 06:41
Who wouldn't want a 'Free Sample' ?

My English is bad, I do not understand what you mean, only the happy face
2017-7-20
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 04:02
Thank you very much for the data and video, would you please leave me your dji account (e-mail) so we can provide you the beta?

I left you a PM with my dji account email. Let me know if you got it and if that'll work.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans885f1c00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438402 ft
France

Anyone have try to desactivate Vision Positioning System, Precision Landing and Landing Protection ? I can't test it now, but if anyone can test and doing a feedback :-)
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules